Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 01-03-2021, 01:52 PM

PalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardarian View Post
Thanks- this is music to my ears. I have been interested in 'Days Gone' and I think, in my effort to bleed dry the best PS4 games before I eventually upgrade to ps5, this has been on my list and mentioned a fair few times. Apparently it has improved, via remote updates, a lot since launch.
Yes, I heard it was quite buggy - but I haven't found it too bad so I think they've sorted a lot of it out with updates. Some weird stuff with sound occasionally and it's no where near as polished as something like Last of Us (the voice acting/dialogue when you rescue survivors out in the wild is unintentionally funny), but it doesn't detract from the game IMO.

It has a bit of a slow start, but stick with it...when you start getting a feel for the map and get familiar with combat styles and weapons, it's really enjoyable. I like that you can do stealth or full on guns blazing depending on how you feel. My only criticism is it's a bit easy once you get some decent guns.
Old 02-03-2021, 07:59 AM
Bass Man

bunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I didnt play Days Gone until I had my PS5. It runs amazing on the upgraded hardware. 4k. 60fps. Still some funny bugs like the floor not loading in a cutscene etc but otherwise a really solid game. Fighting the hordes is exhilarating.
Old 09-03-2021, 06:50 PM
King of Curry

Lombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I have now started Red Dead Redemption 2(which I got for Christmas -same time as TLOU2). Whilst it's way too early for me to fairly judge, but very early initial thoughts are that i'm finding it a little slow, bit clunky and not liking controls, thinking perhaps I should have played RDR2 first then moved on to TLOU2, but as I say it is extremely early days. Days Gone will most likely be the game I get next and possibly the swansong game for my PS 4 before I upgrade hopefully!
Old 31-03-2021, 04:16 PM
King of Curry

Lombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Days Gone is free in April on Play Station plus! Will be picking that up
Old 31-03-2021, 06:15 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardarian View Post
Days Gone is free in April on Play Station plus! Will be picking that up
its been free for quite a few months one of the PS+ collection games that you can download for free any time. You know about that right?
Old 31-03-2021, 06:18 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
ah hang on, just saw you're on PS4 - think you need PS5 to get access to that sorry.
Old 31-03-2021, 11:06 PM
King of Curry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopKnot View Post
ah hang on, just saw you're on PS4 - think you need PS5 to get access to that sorry.
Cheers, yes, I’m PS4 for now(although I didn’t know it was already free on ps5) I think it’s being made available on 6th April for PS4 free.
Old 31-03-2021, 11:08 PM
King of Curry

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 01-04-2021, 09:53 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Picked this up on the PS Store for £23 last night. Bargain.
Old 01-04-2021, 10:12 AM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
Picked this up on the PS Store for £23 last night. Bargain.
Is that all it is at the moment? That seems properly reasonable
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 01-04-2021, 10:14 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Is that all it is at the moment? That seems properly reasonable
Yeh Spring Sale. Some good deals to be had.
Old 01-04-2021, 10:43 AM
King of Curry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
Yeh Spring Sale. Some good deals to be had.
Good work, Last of Us 2 is probably my favourite game ever
Old 01-04-2021, 01:37 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Purchased. Hat tip for the heads up
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 01-04-2021, 01:39 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Purchased. Hat tip for the heads up
Old 05-04-2021, 09:10 PM
This

Galo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Played this a few weeks ago, thought it was a really good story and take on perspectives, but apart from that didn’t feel like any sort of improvement in gameplay from the original. Dogs were new but think only encountered three in the whole game. The dumpster and electric cable puzzles wore out their novelty straight away (just like the ladder from the last game). One new clicker type but human enemies still just as predictable. Really not sure why this took so long to develop when they had most of gameplay in part 1 and didn’t even have a multiplayer. I know this take might annoy those who love this game but really what am I missing?
Old 06-04-2021, 07:53 AM

tsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galo View Post
Played this a few weeks ago, thought it was a really good story and take on perspectives, but apart from that didnít feel like any sort of improvement in gameplay from the original. Dogs were new but think only encountered three in the whole game. The dumpster and electric cable puzzles wore out their novelty straight away (just like the ladder from the last game). One new clicker type but human enemies still just as predictable. Really not sure why this took so long to develop when they had most of gameplay in part 1 and didnít even have a multiplayer. I know this take might annoy those who love this game but really what am I missing?
/* Spoilers */

Felt the gameplay was different purely because of the characters compared to Joel. Ellie was obviously not as strong so you needed to be more sneaky and Abby was stronger so could take more punishment and had a slightly different arc because of that. Clickers were the same bar the one new one which only Abby could take on but the reaction to them is different.
Old 26-04-2021, 12:33 PM
Ichiro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galo View Post
Played this a few weeks ago, thought it was a really good story and take on perspectives, but apart from that didnít feel like any sort of improvement in gameplay from the original. Dogs were new but think only encountered three in the whole game. The dumpster and electric cable puzzles wore out their novelty straight away (just like the ladder from the last game). One new clicker type but human enemies still just as predictable. Really not sure why this took so long to develop when they had most of gameplay in part 1 and didnít even have a multiplayer. I know this take might annoy those who love this game but really what am I missing?
Iíve just finished the bit where you catch up with Nora, the hospital part, and I can kinda see where you are coming from.

I wondered if I was playing on too easy a level, or that I am only doing an hour or so ever few days, but somethingís not there.
Old 27-04-2021, 07:38 PM
King of Curry

I replayed the first Last of Us(Playstation 4 remastered) version about 3 months before I got this one, and 2 definitely is a lot longer and has a lot less of a clunky feel to it. Close combat is a lot better too. But I appreciate it is largely more of the same which is perfect for me as I enjoyed the first one so much - personally I would potentially have hated if they has tinkered too much with it.