Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 23-03-2021, 08:22 PM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Colchester away the 70s

I remember going to an away game in the 70s and am trying to find the date. My memory is hazy ,but seem to remember it was a Friday night and think it was a draw. The only player I remember definitly playing was Tony Burns in goal.

That night four of us were meant to go but my best mate dropped out to go out on a blind date. Anyway they were married for over 40 years. But sadly she passed away on Sunday after a long illness. So if anyone can help great .
Old 23-03-2021, 08:31 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Fri 20 Dec 1974, 1-1 draw.
Burns was indeed in goal, great recall!

To view the link you have to Register or Login
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 23-03-2021, 08:34 PM
I'm just cheese

davemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Must have been December 1974
Old 23-03-2021, 08:43 PM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Thanks chaps. Only found out about her passing this morning.Want to speak to my mate tonight and try and cheer him up. Just over 46 years sheesh.
Old 24-03-2021, 12:57 AM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
Quite a few names with notable future managerial careers involved there. Familiar to us are Terry Venables and Ian Evans playing with Malcolm Allison in charge.

In goal for Colchester was Mike Walker who guided Norwich City to 3rd place in the 1st Division and a decent UEFA Cup campaign. He was appointed manager of Everton for what turned out to be a brief and pretty unimpressive spell. In central defence, Ray Harford was Kenny Dalglish's assistant when Blackburn Rovers won The Premiership and took over as manager the following season. In charge, Jim Smith became the epitome of an old-school journeyman football manager working at 10 clubs over the next 30 years. He won promotion to the top flight with Birmingham City, Oxford United and Derby County in 1996 when they pipped Palace to 2nd place by beating us in the penultimate match of the season at The Baseball Ground. He was also Harry Redknapp's assistant when Portsmouth were promoted to The Premiership.
Old 25-03-2021, 05:28 AM

big bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElwissAtMemphis View Post
Quite a few names with notable future managerial careers involved there. Familiar to us are Terry Venables and Ian Evans playing with Malcolm Allison in charge.
Not to forget Peter Taylor. What I vaguely remember about that match was that probably half the crowd were Palace. We were congregated behind one of the goals and the wooden terraces were an absolute death trap. Bit of trouble on the way back to the station when we went past a squaddie pub and her majesty's finest decided to come out and lob a few bottles at Palace fans.
Old 25-03-2021, 06:22 AM
Certified Grumpy

T.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad John View Post
Not to forget Peter Taylor. What I vaguely remember about that match was that probably half the crowd were Palace. We were congregated behind one of the goals and the wooden terraces were an absolute death trap. Bit of trouble on the way back to the station when we went past a squaddie pub and her majesty's finest decided to come out and lob a few bottles at Palace fans.
Those wooden boards were very bouncy!

That's the only thing I remember about that game
Old 26-03-2021, 09:50 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad John View Post
They were fond of glassing in Colchester.
Old 26-03-2021, 11:00 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
I'm not sure if the is the game I paid to get in and all the other palace just stepped over a fence LOL
Well pissed off.
Old 26-03-2021, 11:02 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
All I can recall is a pub near the ground where everyone’s was standing outside and Palace were singing “fertiliser” as the Colchester fans walked past.