Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 05-11-2019, 04:44 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Don-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Latin Music - A broad church

I loves me some Latin choons like NY/PR salsa, Cubano, Afro-Cuban, Brazilian, Colombian etc etc.

So here's a nice easy one from Los Nemus del Pacifico to get us started...

Old 05-11-2019, 04:47 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Don-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
...and then Celia & Willie

Old 05-11-2019, 04:55 PM
www.chrisbrownjazz.com

Chrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Great thread, looking forward to hearing some new stuff!

Here's my contribution, Nueva Manteca, the first European latin band to make it big in Latin America. The sax player is my mentor here in NL and is a total beast.

Old 05-11-2019, 05:04 PM
www.chrisbrownjazz.com

Chrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Michel Camilo and Paquito D'Rivera

Old 05-11-2019, 05:08 PM
Pass me the Vongole

From the island of Cuba, one of the original Buena Vista Social Club boys..Ibrahim Ferrer. Wonderful voice.

Boy recorded his first solo album at the age of 72, so there's still hope for a lot of us would be musicians!

Old 05-11-2019, 05:12 PM

redeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
In poco Salsa picante de Colombiano. I saw this guy a couple of times at the Forum in Kentish Town. Me and a lot of homesick Colombians. Joe Arroyo the king of Cartagena (the home of magical realism). Said to be one of 38 children. He is said to have collapsed on stage and was given the last rights 3 times before coming back to life and going on to produce some of his best work. This is la rebellion. The only lyric I have been able to translate is Don’t disrespect the black woman. WHich we can all get behind. Unlike much Colombian Salsa he keeps to a pretty traditional Cuban structure. There are regular short injections of rumba sandwiched into the Salso and always a fabulously syncopated piano solo (when you are dancing that’s a cue to pull your partner a little bit closer before the final climax!).

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 05-11-2019, 05:59 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Hector Lavoe: One of my favourites, a Puerto Rican salsa boy, impressive diction and flow. Sang with all the NY big cheeses...Willie Colon; Tito Puente; Fania All Stars etc.

Dissolute character, too much fame & money too fast, but a wonderful voice.

The band here are on top form, I particularly love the piano coda. I'd definitely pull a warm woman closer for that bit

Old 05-11-2019, 05:59 PM
Soul Survivor

Caisterman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaisterman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaisterman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaisterman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaisterman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaisterman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaisterman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaisterman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaisterman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaisterman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaisterman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Love this British band.....

Chooooon!!
Old 05-11-2019, 06:12 PM
Soul Survivor

Caisterman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaisterman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaisterman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaisterman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaisterman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaisterman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaisterman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaisterman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaisterman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaisterman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaisterman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Old 05-11-2019, 06:12 PM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is here
I used to go to Brazil every year for a decade, and fell in love with Brazilian music, my favourite being Marisa Monte.
Old 05-11-2019, 06:25 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Old skool East Cuban vibes from Eliades Ochoa. He'll be appearing at the Barbican in February and yep, I'm going

Old 05-11-2019, 06:30 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki View Post
I used to go to Brazil every year for a decade, and fell in love with Brazilian music, my favourite being Marisa Monte.
Aki, Joao Donato is appearing at the Jazz Cafe on the 16th Nov, might see you there
Old 05-11-2019, 06:37 PM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don-Donovani View Post
Aki, Joao Donato is appearing at the Jazz Cafe on the 16th Nov, might see you there
Oh wow, that's great. He must be getting on a bit now, but has that Brazilian blood to keep him performing . I love Bossa Nova.
Old 05-11-2019, 06:47 PM
Soul Survivor

Old 05-11-2019, 06:55 PM
Soul Survivor

Old 05-11-2019, 07:01 PM
Palace 'til i die

Old 05-11-2019, 07:38 PM
Soul Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki View Post
That's lovely.
Old 05-11-2019, 08:27 PM
Soul Survivor

Old 05-11-2019, 11:01 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Argentina....

Old 05-11-2019, 11:22 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Manu Chao collective