Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 22-10-2020, 06:57 PM

exiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is here
What was first record you bought

Showing my age now , but such a thrill buying my first record ( well 2 if i recall )

Telegram Sam T Rex
Coz i luv you Slade

Strange i think i like listening to 60s 70s 80s more now than ever , probably an age thing

To view the link you have to Register or Login

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 22-10-2020, 07:15 PM
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Beatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Can't Buy Me Love - The Beatles. On Parlophone label. 6 shillings and eight old pence. I bought it without a record player to play it on. Fortunately, my Mum gave me the money to buy a second hand "Dansette."

"And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySwY7...eature=related
Old 22-10-2020, 07:19 PM

exiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatleboy View Post
Can't Buy Me Love - The Beatles. On Parlophone label. 6 shillings and eight old pence. I bought it without a record player to play it on. Fortunately, my Mum gave me the money to buy a second hand "Dansette."
I remember Dansette
Old 22-10-2020, 07:31 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
‘Start’ 7’ by The Jam, 1980. It was 99p so my sis & I paid 50p each. Can’t remember who kept the change.
Old 22-10-2020, 07:37 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Let there be drums - Sandy Nelson, 1961 apparently. Like Beatleboy there was no record player at home. By the time we got a Dansette from an Aunt I'd also bought my first second hand record - Because they're young by Duane Eddy.
Old 22-10-2020, 07:48 PM

HOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Penny lane the Beatles
Strawberry Fields on b side 6shillings and six pence from addiscombe record shop by Bingham halt can't remember it's name
Old 22-10-2020, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOVE EAGLE View Post
Penny lane the Beatles
Strawberry Fields on b side 6shillings and six pence from addiscombe record shop by Bingham halt can't remember it's name
Fantastic records
Old 22-10-2020, 08:01 PM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Identity - X-Ray Spex
Old 22-10-2020, 08:02 PM

nibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Three from Diamond Records, West Croydon.
Lonely Boy- Andrew Gold
Sir Duke- Stevie Wonder
Solsbury Hill- Peter Gabriel
Old 22-10-2020, 08:02 PM

nibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAK View Post
Identity - X-Ray Spex
Pink vinyl ?
Old 22-10-2020, 08:05 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Probably..Come back and finish what you started or rivers of babylon/brown giro in the ring.

First Album was Discovery ELO among those late 70s top of the pops récords.. and maybe classical versions of rock classics...remember those..

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 22-10-2020, 08:05 PM

Alfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
20th century boy - T. rex
Old 22-10-2020, 08:07 PM

My first album was Animals - Pink Floyd
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I think it was "Funky Gibbon" by the Goodies - but it may have been "Claret and Blue" by the 1972 Crystal Palace squad.
Not sure which came first. I also had the Trumpton and Camberwick Green albums but I suppose they were really bought for me.

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
First record: Beastie Boys - Licence to Ill
First 7": The Young Ones and Cliff Richard - Living Doll
First Cassette: The Bangles - Different Light

Edit - That ridiculous Spitting Image song may have come first
Old 22-10-2020, 08:08 PM

Hazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I’m just a youngster in comparison to so many on here

First album Tyrannosaurus Rex - A Beard of Stars, first single Gudbye to Jane by Slade
Old 22-10-2020, 08:11 PM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by nibalama View Post
Pink vinyl ?
Sadly, no.

I did buy Message in a bottle in green vinyl.
Old 22-10-2020, 08:12 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
All on my own with my paper round money T.Rex Electric Warrior
Old 22-10-2020, 08:16 PM
Tramps like us baby

SgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOVE EAGLE View Post
Penny lane the Beatles
MusicTown
Old 22-10-2020, 08:17 PM

vincentinbetwee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevincentinbetwee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevincentinbetwee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevincentinbetwee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevincentinbetwee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevincentinbetwee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevincentinbetwee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevincentinbetwee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevincentinbetwee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevincentinbetwee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevincentinbetwee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Adam and the Ants - Ant Music. I was obsessed