Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 11-01-2021, 11:54 PM

Uncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Well before me but listen to Brian Moore commentating on Rogers’ second goal against the Mancs in the 5-0.

Absolute legends - both of them!
Old 12-01-2021, 05:20 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
The first performance that springs to mind, and a bit of a random one so not sure anyone will recall it, but Geoff Thomas at home against Leicester 1987/88, in a 4-2 victory. Scored a classic free kick but was bloody everywhere! Up and down the pitch in the middle of every situation. It was like Coppell had him on remote control and was just manically manoeuvring the joystick backwards and forwards at high speed.

Actually had a chat with Geoff the night we got promoted, and he himself cited this match as one of his best ever at that point.

Supporting Katerina https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-..._co_campmgmt_m
Old 12-01-2021, 05:52 AM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
One that I just remembered by an unexpected player in this list Alan Pardew against Norwich ZDS semi final which was the final of the Southern Section 2nd leg at Selhurst. Brillant performance in place of Salako. We won 2 0.
Old 12-01-2021, 06:41 AM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Nigel Martin. 0-0 draw with I think Everton. I forget which year and it may. It have been Everton.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 12-01-2021, 07:01 AM
Welcome Mr Dyche

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Nigel Martin. 0-0 draw with I think Everton. I forget which year and it may. It have been Everton.
Are you referring to the 1-0 win at home in 94/95? Martyn had a great game and Amokachi and Big Dunc should have had a hatful.
Another vote for Martyn away to Boro in December 93' where they through everything at us (think Sir Steve described it as his best performance too).
Also Arsenal away October 94' in a 2-1 win but for Nige' we would have easily shipped 5/6.
Old 12-01-2021, 07:02 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle View Post
One that I just remembered by an unexpected player in this list Alan Pardew against Norwich ZDS semi final which was the final of the Southern Section 2nd leg at Selhurst. Brillant performance in place of Salako. We won 2 0.
Yes, forget the semi final at Villa Park, this was Pardew's finest hour in a Palace shirt and it will be duly highlighted over on the Memory Lane thread in due course.

Also a shout out for Chamakh's masterclass in deep lying centre forward play in the 3-1 win at Anfield 2015.
Old 12-01-2021, 01:14 PM

eltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wilf at Old Trafford.

But, Don v the *****, he made the ones he didn't score.
Old 12-01-2021, 02:04 PM

Jon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Julian Gray, 5-1 against Watford away the year we was promoted under Dowie. Absolutely ran the show. Behind Wilf and Bolaise as my most exciting Palace player ever.
Old 12-01-2021, 02:08 PM

Jon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUNGLE View Post
Akinbiyi vs Preston.
Is that the home game he came off the bench at 0-1 down and instantly scored from a corner where the ball rebounded off his face??
Old 13-01-2021, 07:51 AM
Back writing about Palace

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
1. Nigel Martyn @ Leicester - Oct 94
2. Nigel Martyn @ Arsenal - Oct 94
3. Dougie Freedman @ Pompey - Jan 96

And I'm told, not that I was there, that Nigel Martyn away to Middlesbro, late 1992 (1-0 win) is the greatest display ever in the world. Gutted I didn't see it.

Best display against us?

Tim Flowers - Sep 92. We should have won 7-2.....but somehow lost 2-1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/That-Progra...amme%3F&sr=8-1
Old 13-01-2021, 08:01 AM

Uncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post

And I'm told, not that I was there, that Nigel Martyn away to Middlesbro, late 1992 (1-0 win) is the greatest display ever in the world. Gutted I didn't see it.

Best display against us?

Quite right - we should have battered them. Dowie scored for them and I am pretty sure that was the Zohar pen miss!
Old 13-01-2021, 08:13 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Not in a Palace shirt but Nicky Carle cutting us up for Bristol City.
Agreed. One of the best performances I've seen against us.
Randomly, the other one was Jermaine Jenas, years and years ago, for Newcastle. He just seemed to have the ball for 90 minutes and absolutely everything went through him.

I can't remember who it, maybe Chelsea at home, but I remember Riihilahti having a match against Chelsea where he just wouldn't give up. We lost but he just chased everything and did everything he could, and I'll always remember that.

I'm sure there was a few games where Jedinak, just through sheer bloody will power took us through games.

And as has been said, some of Wilf's games over the years.
Old 13-01-2021, 08:28 AM

Bizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Neal View Post
Quite right - we should have battered them. Dowie scored for them and I am pretty sure that was the Zohar pen miss!
Zohar was later 97/98 wasnt the penalty on boxing day?
Old 13-01-2021, 08:34 AM
Since '67

ozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yogi aka John Hughes, running through most of the 10 on field Everton players with them bouncing off of him.

Rachid Harkouk... I think it was at Shewsbury, playing like a demon.
Old 13-01-2021, 09:02 AM
Palace Addict

trufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_C-Pal View Post
Julian Gray, 5-1 against Watford away the year we was promoted under Dowie. Absolutely ran the show. Behind Wilf and Bolaise as my most exciting Palace player ever.
Haha, I remember yelling at him, "Where the hell are you going? For gawd's sake pass it!" as he slalomed his way through the home defence before scoring his cracker. My son was only nine at the time, but took the piss out of me all the way home.
Old 13-01-2021, 09:09 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_C-Pal View Post
Was that when he wss going through a bit of a bad rep with the fans for wanting to leave?

Routledge and Gray ripped the wings to shreds back then. Oh and lovely crosses
Old 13-01-2021, 09:11 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizarro View Post
Zohar was later 97/98 wasnt the penalty on boxing day?
V Southampton???
Old 13-01-2021, 10:02 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Of far less importance, but I'm pretty sure Dougie has a similarly brilliant game at Pompey in his first spell.
That's the one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post

Best display against us?

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 13-01-2021, 10:05 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Against us - Andy Cole for Fulham, New Years Day 2005.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 13-01-2021, 04:46 PM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ian Wright v Plymouth we won 5-1, he scored a hat trick and generally gave them the run around.

Ian Wright v Wimbledon at plough lane, scored a second half hat trick

AJ’s hat trick v the weed