Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 17-10-2021, 01:44 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Looking at the trailer for that Beatles film that Peter Jackson has produced, how great would it be if that Man U 5-0 game could get that treatment?
Old 19-10-2021, 01:55 PM
Ball Gazer has been.

N : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Home v Charlton I'm sure I recognised that Millwall fan with the ginger hair and glasses from there documentary main stand near the start..
Old 14-11-2021, 01:28 AM

Stats74 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowStats74 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowStats74 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowStats74 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowStats74 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowStats74 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowStats74 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowStats74 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowStats74 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowStats74 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowStats74 will cross the room to turn the lights down low
If anyone missed it Palace v Man City (Nov 1980) was on the Big Match Revisited on Saturday morning on ITV4. It’s the feature game before Villa v Arsenal and Utd v Southampton. Doesn’t get a mention on the info bar/programme details. So it’s easy to miss.
Old 14-11-2021, 02:22 PM

eltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats74 View Post
If anyone missed it Palace v Man City (Nov 1980) was on the Big Match Revisited on Saturday morning on ITV4. Itís the feature game before Villa v Arsenal and Utd v Southampton. Doesnít get a mention on the info bar/programme details. So itís easy to miss.
Thanks for that heads up Stats!
History will say that we were crap that season.

But, I think we could go through each game and, playing a lot of "what ifs", we could have got out of trouble earlier. Maybe we wouldn't have had so many changes of manager and we may just have stayed up.

You may say I'm a dreamer....
Old 14-11-2021, 03:01 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltron View Post
Thanks for that heads up Stats!
History will say that we were crap that season.

But, I think we could go through each game and, playing a lot of "what ifs", we could have got out of trouble earlier. Maybe we wouldn't have had so many changes of manager and we may just have stayed up.

You may say I'm a dreamer....
Blimey, thatís a lot of ĎWhat If?sí. We finished 16 points from safety & it was only 2 points for a win in those days. I was only 11 & I knew we were down in January!
Old 15-11-2021, 06:13 PM

eltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I promise you - leave it with me and I will apply enough "what ifs" to turn our season around.
Old 15-11-2021, 06:17 PM

Man City's 2nd goal had a hand-ball in it that VAR would have chalked off.
We would have gone into the last few minutes 2-1 up - and would have no doubt, seen the game out.

That's 2 points to us, and 2 points off Man City.

As I say, leave it with me - I will rescue our 80-91 season.
Old 15-11-2021, 06:33 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
We would have gone into the last few minutes 2-1 up - and would have no doubt, seen the game out.

Fantastic! Am really looking forward to reading how we were the moral League Champions in 80-81
Old 15-11-2021, 06:35 PM

Quote:

Coventry away & Allenís stanchion goal - thatís another easy 2 point gainÖ
Old 15-11-2021, 06:39 PM

Bizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats74 View Post
If anyone missed it Palace v Man City (Nov 1980) was on the Big Match Revisited on Saturday morning on ITV4. Itís the feature game before Villa v Arsenal and Utd v Southampton. Doesnít get a mention on the info bar/programme details. So itís easy to miss.
My first game
Old 15-11-2021, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizarro View Post
My first game
Your first game - and we concede in 13 seconds!!!!
Old 15-11-2021, 09:17 PM

Bizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Your first game - and we concede in 13 seconds!!!!
It all went wrong after I started going to games, took us about 5 years to recover!