Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old Yesterday, 05:06 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
My wife still likes to use a day planner (I know, old dog new trick etc..) and I recently ordered her the refill pages for 2022.

Twice this week already I have received emails from them asking me to review the product. Now tell me how one reviews something that is not going to be used until January? At the same time is exactly the same as it was for 2021, 2020, 2019 etc., etc..

Annoying marketing.
I tried to buy somethings online but by the time I came to check out one the most expensive item was sold out so I gave up.

They've since emailed me twice to tell me I've got stuff in my basket
Old Yesterday, 05:06 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fen Eagle View Post
Womens football because there’s no such thing as a good female goal keeper.
I don't think in my 50+ years of following football I've every seen a scoreline of 20-0, in fact when I used to play we were on the end of a couple of real hammerings and I don't recall anything over 10 or 12-0 tops.

I didn't watch the women's game yesterday, but can only imagine what a farce it must have been.

Might be time for football to introduce the mercy rule like they have in US softball games. Maybe at 10-0 the game is called and they al walk off and have a beer at the bar instead.
Old Yesterday, 05:10 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
I tried to buy somethings online but by the time I came to check out one the most expensive item was sold out so I gave up.

They've since emailed me twice to tell me I've got stuff in my basket
Sometimes I think software developers have never lived in the real word... probably grew up stuck in their bedroom playing on their game boy and then their Xbox. God forbid they actually have to use their end product.
Old Yesterday, 05:41 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
I don't think in my 50+ years of following football I've every seen a scoreline of 20-0, in fact when I used to play we were on the end of a couple of real hammerings and I don't recall anything over 10 or 12-0 tops.

I didn't watch the women's game yesterday, but can only imagine what a farce it must have been.

Might be time for football to introduce the mercy rule like they have in US softball games. Maybe at 10-0 the game is called and they al walk off and have a beer at the bar instead.
Straya tonked American Samoa or similar by more than that a few years ago.

edit - it was 2001 and the score was 31-0 with Archie Thompson getting 13 of them. Palace connections - Popovic, Muscat and Moore all played.

editx2 - I assume you're not quite old enough to remember Arbroath 36-0 Bon Accord?
Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
I assume you're not quite old enough to remember Arbroath 36-0 Bon Accord?
12 September 1885. Just missed it... by 70 years.
Old Yesterday, 07:27 PM
looking at things

cross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
12 September 1885. Just missed it... by 70 years.
I believe that there were a number of disallowed goals as well.
Old Today, 01:19 AM
The Spiky One

Things that annoy you

To continue my painter saga…. Contacted the guy Monday and we agreed a price. Said he could start Tuesday and turned up as promised on time. Took my doors away to spay in his shop (which evidently is his garage). Said they would be back later to do trim. No show until this morning where they spend an hour priming 2 door trims only to disappear again. Just showed up again at 4pm to do a bit more.

This guys are obviously juggling multiple jobs which is OK as the primer needs to dry and I’m in no hurry, but it means someone needs to be here all the time as we never know when they are coming.

Thank God for the BBS to keep me amused all day!

Edit: gone again at 4:45...
Old Today, 01:22 AM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by cross_eyed_ed View Post
I believe that there were a number of disallowed goals as well.

Where was VAR when they needed it?
Old Today, 01:57 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pallet View Post
Getting sent an enail.with supposely tech help when i clicked on the link it was basically turn it on and off
Entry level support advice. You didn't pay for that, I hope

(Having said that, you might be surprised how often it works!)
Old Today, 05:16 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
The entirely user unfriendly reformatting of the BBC iPlayer. What twats.
Old Today, 05:19 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
The entirely user unfriendly reformatting of the BBC iPlayer. What twats.
The entire user hostile reformatting of ANY piece of software you just get to grips with

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old Today, 05:41 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
The entire user hostile reformatting of ANY piece of software you just get to grips with
Maybe it's because we are old.
Old Today, 05:44 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Maybe it's because we are old.
or because when we check out google or youtube to find out how to fix the problem, it's still horrendously complicated.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old Today, 06:04 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
or because when we check out google or youtube to find out how to fix the problem, it's still horrendously complicated.
Not sure that helps when they change the template.

Edit: I see you said 'Or'.

Last edited by Stellavista; Today at 07:34 PM.