Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 25-10-2021, 06:17 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Is this true? I can't see the evidence but may just be going blind. (I appreciate that leaving the EU means that the UK doesn't have to follow European directives on water cleanliness which is a shitshow in more ways than one.)
Any update on this, Wolfie?

I am obviously not defending Brexit or any of the privatised water companies, but would be astounded if none of the countries you listed/C&Pd have virginally pure rivers, lakes and seas.
Old 25-10-2021, 06:24 PM

dim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillo View Post
............ it's the Torygraph, of course it's going to be an anti-EU story.
How about this one....

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 25-10-2021, 07:15 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
Are you suggesting that we couldn't have renationalised our water if we were still in the EU? That seems unlikely. There may have been some regulatory hoops we'd have had to jump through, but no EU law preventing us from doing so
I thought you weren’t allowed to renationalise, or even give state aid.
Old 25-10-2021, 07:18 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Any update on this, Wolfie?

I am obviously not defending Brexit or any of the privatised water companies, but would be astounded if none of the countries you listed/C&Pd have virginally pure rivers, lakes and seas.
No. Sorry.

Cricket wanker.
Old 25-10-2021, 07:25 PM

Philipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
I thought you weren’t allowed to renationalise, or even give state aid.
I wonder how that works with the trains company franchises taken back - and Railtrack?
Old 25-10-2021, 07:42 PM

Johnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipw View Post
I wonder how that works with the trains company franchises taken back - and Railtrack?
SNCF (France) is state owned and so is Deutsche Bahn, Italy, Spain etc also have large state owned railways
Old 25-10-2021, 07:54 PM

Philipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybegood View Post
SNCF (France) is state owned and so is Deutsche Bahn, Italy, Spain etc also have large state owned railways
I get that but earlier poster thought you cant renationalise ?
Old 25-10-2021, 08:15 PM

Johnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipw View Post
I get that but earlier poster thought you cant renationalise ?
Yep, I was agreeing with you about Railtrack etc.
GB is right however that there are rules on state aid but not sure how that works with natural monopolies where there isn't private sector competition

I think there are always around rules re state ownership (due to bankruptcy, incompetence, public health etc) if compensation is enough for private companies impacted, or if Lord Frosty negotiates it, they can just renege on anything he signs up to
Old 25-10-2021, 08:48 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
You can renationalise, but you have to pay fair market value. This is not an EU law but comes from the ECHR and bilateral investment treaties. Strictly speaking there is some EU law here but it doesn’t apply to water which is where this started.

The bit that the EU want to play with (on railways) is not about the tracks but opening the operation of trainlines up for competition.

State aid is broadly irrelevant in a natural monopoly. So for say power generation it was a big deal, but for distribution not so much.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 25-10-2021, 09:46 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
I seem to remember he got well and truly hung out to dry for posting his less than savory opinion on a different subject in the past, as a result he's probably reluctant to come clean on Brexit.
I suspect most of any opinions I will have posted on here relate to calling twits like you out....Twit!
Old 25-10-2021, 09:50 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
Oh yes I remember that and he looked at his mates to bail him out who all disappeared
Ah Disciple Twit crawls up when he smells the chance of sticking his stinking boot in. Fack off back under your rock you snivelling shithouse
Old 25-10-2021, 09:53 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Understandable though Razor tbh.

I mean who would want to bail out a self confessed homophobe?

What you got for me Dimbo? Give it your best shot.

Cricket wanker.
Old 25-10-2021, 09:56 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesheart View Post
Can you explain why it is "wank" to want to be proud of your own country ?
Country is on its knees these days, partly due to BBS extremist types on both sides, (and Boris). Not much to be proud of, frankly
Old 25-10-2021, 09:56 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Ah Disciple Twit crawls up when he smells the chance of sticking his stinking boot in. Fack off back under your rock you snivelling shithouse
That's not the perfect way to make people think that Razor got it wrong...

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 25-10-2021, 09:57 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
You can renationalise, but you have to pay fair market value. This is not an EU law but comes from the ECHR and bilateral investment treaties. Strictly speaking there is some EU law here but it doesn’t apply to water which is where this started.

The bit that the EU want to play with (on railways) is not about the tracks but opening the operation of trainlines up for competition.

State aid is broadly irrelevant in a natural monopoly. So for say power generation it was a big deal, but for distribution not so much.
Yes - the Spanish state railway has been obliged to open its high speed network up to competitors. Not really sure what the point is, it’s already pretty cheap and incredibly fast.
Old 25-10-2021, 10:03 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Says the worm who’s arsehole twitched like a rabbit’s nose as he served skint up to the mods.

Cowardly little man.

Breathin deep, breathin easy...

Didn’t vote for a Brexit.
Old 25-10-2021, 10:04 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybegood View Post
Ofcourse he's not the only leaver who is principled, others I know (e.g. my MIL) were genuinely conned by the £350m for the NHS. But in both these examples, they have the integrity to admit that remaining was in retrospect a far better outcome.....albeit they could be grouped into the category of "this is not the brexit I would've voted for".

My uncle would now just want a far left government that had a very high minimum wage and worker protections and other v.left wing policies not dissimilar to Cockneyrebels views, but to rejoin the EU in some form e.g. CU and SM

But every racist I know voted leave and many just use the left wing / worker protectionist argument as a cover for their more sinister views and still vote tory and argue against worker protections at every opportunity
The ultimate outcome of Brexit is not yet known, but from reading the BBS I have digested the negative prognosis on here.

You are probably right about how racists voted, but of course, everyone has a different opinion on what is racist, and most people are racist in some form or another, just that many don't realise, or are reluctant to admit it. The ones on here who chirp loudest and most often about their credentials and call others racist are quite likely racist themselves, imho
Old 25-10-2021, 10:08 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
That's not the perfect way to make people think that Razor got it wrong...
Who cares, nobody's opinion on here is ever swayed by what someone else says. Silly smartarses like CT and Razor have entrenched extremist views
Old 25-10-2021, 10:11 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Understandable though Razor tbh.

I mean who would want to bail out a self confessed homophobe?

What you got for me Dimbo? Give it your best shot.
Nobody, ever, has anything for you, you are friendless, and you know it
Old 25-10-2021, 10:22 PM
Got any nuts?

Quote:
Nobody, ever, has anything for you, you are friendless, and you know it
2/10

Must do better.

Cricket wanker.