Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 25-09-2021, 02:06 PM
King of Curry

Lombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
London Marathon next weekend.

3 weeks of training and the farthest I got was 25km.

Oh dear.
The crowd and atmosphere may help carry you round the course. It's been a great atmosphere when I have been to watch.
Old 25-09-2021, 02:42 PM

greybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ob13 View Post
Be careful i know you are a fairbit younger than me but i would have to let that target go for this month! I can almost guarantee i would end up injured if i did that every day.Listen to your body.

I have done the local parkrun this morning in new shoes (adrenaline 21) and got under 22mins for 1st time,broke into top 10 and came 1st of the old boys over 45
Nice one! I remember breaking into the top 10 of park run for the first time. Was a great feeling.

I'm actually going to have a day off tomorrow as I need it. Managed to get 17km in today which was good and will just break up my runs a bit from Monday till end of the month.

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old 25-09-2021, 02:42 PM

greybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardarian View Post
The crowd and atmosphere may help carry you round the course. It's been a great atmosphere when I have been to watch.
Think I'll go down and cheer them on.

Old 25-09-2021, 02:49 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
I'll be marshaling on the course next week. Ready to forearm smash any Insulate Britain protestors that try to get on my section.
Old 25-09-2021, 06:17 PM

ob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
I'll be marshaling on the course next week. Ready to forearm smash any Insulate Britain protestors that try to get on my section.
Old 26-09-2021, 01:56 PM

ob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ah bugger a Blister! How common is it to get blisters with new shoes? have i just been lucky previously and should expect the odd blister whilst bedding in new shoes? I bought Brooks Adrelenaline 20 back in march put them on and ran and loved them from 1st minute and realised the other day they were wearing a bit and had done nearly 450 miles!
So friday i bought Adrenaline 21's 1/2 size bigger as i had been reading that you should with running shoes(now doing longer runs the toes touched end of shoe on old ones,though didnt cause me any issue). The 21's were brilliant and no problems for a 5k parkrun yesterday but today i did 10 miles and started to feel something on inside of right foot from about 7 miles of a 10 mile run. Got a blister here a little bit back from the bottom underside of toe. Is this fairly normal and shoud i persevere with them or condemn them? I can see a slight difference in the design between the 20's and 21's which i think may be the issue. Annoyingly got my first organised half marathon next sunday so poor timing.
Also how can i treat blister, should i pop it with a pin?
Old 26-09-2021, 02:15 PM

HOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ob13 View Post
Ah bugger a Blister! How common is it to get blisters with new shoes? have i just been lucky previously and should expect the odd blister whilst bedding in new shoes? I bought Brooks Adrelenaline 20 back in march put them on and ran and loved them from 1st minute and realised the other day they were wearing a bit and had done nearly 450 miles!
So friday i bought Adrenaline 21's 1/2 size bigger as i had been reading that you should with running shoes(now doing longer runs the toes touched end of shoe on old ones,though didnt cause me any issue). The 21's were brilliant and no problems for a 5k parkrun yesterday but today i did 10 miles and started to feel something on inside of right foot from about 7 miles of a 10 mile run. Got a blister here a little bit back from the bottom underside of toe. Is this fairly normal and shoud i persevere with them or condemn them? I can see a slight difference in the design between the 20's and 21's which i think may be the issue. Annoyingly got my first organised half marathon next sunday so poor timing.
Also how can i treat blister, should i pop it with a pin?
Iíve just walked 210 miles on southern upland way
I got a blister after 10 miles but just left it and it cleared up after three days on its own
Old 26-09-2021, 03:30 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
Iíll Wade in after you
Old 26-09-2021, 03:32 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
I ran the Beckenham half today - tough course and came 10th - club mate won it
Old 27-09-2021, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOVE EAGLE View Post
Iíve just walked 210 miles on southern upland way
I got a blister after 10 miles but just left it and it cleared up after three days on its own
Cheers, so basically i just need to man up!
Old 27-09-2021, 03:05 PM

I put fabric tape over all of my sore points so blisters don't occur if I'm running more than 10km. Works a treat. Compeed blister plasters are also the nuts for popped blisters.

Old 27-09-2021, 03:19 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by greybot View Post
I put fabric tape over all of my sore points so blisters don't occur if I'm running more than 10km. Works a treat. Compeed blister plasters are also the nuts for popped blisters.
KT tape is good for that as well as any muscle injuries. I use Injinji toe socks, just because I always had blisters from my Toes rubbing together on any significant distance.

A popular shout also is 1000 mile socks, in the right conditions.

Another tip is to vaseline your feet, which was a popular when breaking in new football boots growing up.

Compeed blisters, and the like are REALLY good.
Old 28-09-2021, 12:44 PM

che12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Before I forget I'd just want to wish good luck to everyone doing the London marathon on Sunday. Hope everyone smashes it and has a good time, and most importantly has lots of beers after to rehydrate!

Wonder how many of the 50000 participants wont get their kit bag in the post before they head to the expo, or am I being cynical?! I did actually get mine yesterday but most people at my club are still awaiting theirs. Hmmm!
Old 28-09-2021, 04:17 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Had my physio appointment today.
Need some strengthening in my left hip, which has caused an imbalance.

Also needed my calves lengthening... ouch.

Been given some exercises to do so eager to see how that goes.
Old 28-09-2021, 04:27 PM

Sharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is here
Haven't been able to run for two months now, slowly going madder each day.
I've self diagnosed "deep gluteal syndrome". It just doesn't feel like its got remotely better. I broke in to a slight jog to catch a bus (to the game) last night and the pain in my leg was as bad as ever.

Any suggestions? Anyone had this before?

Cheers
Old 28-09-2021, 04:59 PM

immoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Only advice would be not to self diagnose. Decent physio should cost no more than £40 and in most cases you should be able to leave the appointment with 2 to 4 stretches/exercises to do to strengthen/loosen the necessary parts.
Old 28-09-2021, 05:01 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Yep. Going to the physio was the best thing I’ve done.

I already feel like I’ve got a plan to sort things out now.
Old 30-09-2021, 09:45 AM

Last day of the month. 14km to go! Going to have to split it into two 7km just to get it done. Can't wait for a few days off to recover!

Old 30-09-2021, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybot View Post
Last day of the month. 14km to go! Going to have to split it into two 7km just to get it done. Can't wait for a few days off to recover!
well done!
Old 30-09-2021, 02:22 PM

Just completed. I pretty much had to walk the last 2km cos the wind destroyed me. 4 days recovery time now. Going to enjoy cheering on the marathon runners on Sunday and not having to run.