Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 24-04-2021, 05:13 AM

olly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I am sad it didn't go through
I was really looking forward to Palace having a better chance at champions league football and not having to put up with most of their nasty fans

But even more so seeing one of them finish bottom
Old 24-04-2021, 05:21 AM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
Be brilliant if west ham and leicester finish top 4 and no english teams win in europe and four of the gang of six don't qualify for champions league.
Old 24-04-2021, 05:47 AM
YOU SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME

vegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsick View Post
Be brilliant if west ham and leicester finish top 4 and no english teams win in europe and four of the gang of six don't qualify for champions league.
Now that would be poetic justice.
Old 24-04-2021, 06:12 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Cheers Louis. She actually says it twice but each time Fletcher and Jeans don’t get or don’t want to take on what she’s saying. Jeans again banging the drum that sanctions shouldn’t happen against the scum 6 as would hurt the fans. Grrrr
‘Hurt the fans’ is just PR spin.

The 6 clubs represent the Prodigal Son’s return without any repenting. They have been welcomed back with open arms, it’s sickening.
Old 24-04-2021, 06:14 AM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
‘Hurt the fans’ is just PR spin.

The 6 clubs represent the Prodigal Son’s return without any repenting. They have been welcomed back with open arms, it’s sickening.
They haven’t got out the fattened calf yet, but they will.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 24-04-2021, 06:33 AM
Cookies make life better

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
Quote:
It’s certainly possible. Leicester are looking good for top 4. West Ham v Chelsea is a big game today.

West Ham last five games are against Burnley, Everton, Brighton, West Brom and Southampton.

Chelsea have to play Fulham, Manchester City, Arsenal, Leicester and Aston Villa
Old 24-04-2021, 07:32 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Empire View Post
Well done, four successive posts with 24 carat gold BS. Is that a new record ?
Lloyds ? You wouldn't recognise a scam if it jumped up and bit you on the bum.

Six more, you've broken your own record.
Old 24-04-2021, 07:38 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger1 View Post
I disagree. I think when the owners of industry do something that is detrimental to all other stakeholders then I don't see why government intervention should be an issue. It's what should happen.
Actually, I think this is the best justification I've seen. Along the lines of the old Monopolies and Mergers Commission. As well as being literally being anti-competitive (in the lack of relegation), the ESL would be anti-competitive in the wider sense of entrenching a powerful monopoly to the detriment of the rest of the industry, and by extension, its consumers.

That said, a quick look at the modern Competition and Markets Authority doesn't show any press releases about the ESL - obviously it fell apart so quickly it didn't matter.
Old 24-04-2021, 07:48 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
I actually won’t mind too much if we lose on Monday as it will really put Leicester in a great position to take one of those top 4 places. And I will be introducing myself to a new experience this evening - cheering West Ham to the rafters. And Newcastle this afternoon come to that.

Supporting Katerina https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-..._co_campmgmt_m
Old 24-04-2021, 08:18 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
I actually won’t mind too much if we lose on Monday as it will really put Leicester in a great position to take one of those top 4 places. And I will be introducing myself to a new experience this evening - cheering West Ham to the rafters. And Newcastle this afternoon come to that.
Same here.
Old 24-04-2021, 08:56 AM

chateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas78 View Post
Now that would be poetic justice.
I used to think the hamsters in Europe would be insufferable but now I'm not so sure at all. I do draw the line at the weeds though.
Old 24-04-2021, 09:07 AM
Send Us Victorious

Prince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is here
I'm not buying that spoilt, dullard & passive fanbases like Arsenal's and Chelsea's have suddenly become politicised. They've watched with envy over recent years as truly committed and organised fan groups across the globe attempt to change things and they're having a little copy-cat go. They'll skulk away and accept the status quo again in exactly the same fashion as the owners they're protesting about. For them it's no more than this week's new lockdown-reliever and show-off "thing" for social media.
Old 24-04-2021, 09:36 AM
Lurker

sirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is here
Quote:
I do see where you are coming from, but your examples dont compare really. Football has a deep cultural significant over centuries, linked to the geographical make up of England and it’s traditions. Im not saying that government should get involved but a band splitting up doesnt even come close as a comparison.

The only argument I can see for government involvement is that this is something so culturally significant, so opposed by the entire population and so glaringly wrong as things go, to deem it their jurisdiction. I dont know enough about government to really say and I know that we are a liberal country and dont get involved in business, but that is always the argument, is this a business or ‘the people’s game’... it was robbery and unprecedented.

A better example is owning a listed building as a private individual. Yes you can make some modifications, but there are guidelines over what you can and can’t do.

One could argue that football clubs are intangible heritage assets to the UK and similar guidelines could be put in place.
Old 24-04-2021, 09:42 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yeah but there is something a bit dirty about wanting West Ham to do well, and I can't go down the lesser of 2 evils route. It's simply a different kind of evil. One vile club for another really.
Old 24-04-2021, 09:57 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
Yeah but there is something a bit dirty about wanting West Ham to do well, and I can't go down the lesser of 2 evils route. It's simply a different kind of evil. One vile club for another really.
With West Ham, I am focussing on Moyes. A guy that is a proper 'football man' who became ridiculed for doing a poor job, in what was the most poisoned of all chalices. even if they don't finish in the top 6, he's been manager of the year.
Old 24-04-2021, 10:00 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
With West Ham, I am focussing on Moyes. A guy that is a proper 'football man' who became ridiculed for doing a poor job, in what was the most poisoned of all chalices. even if they don't finish in the top 6, he's been manager of the year.
Yes, well said.
Old 24-04-2021, 10:02 AM

BillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is here
Quote:
Would also be great if Juventus didn’t qualify. They are currently fourth.
Old 24-04-2021, 10:05 AM

Hazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is here
Quote:
I do see where you are coming from, but your examples dont compare really. Football has a deep cultural significant over centuries, linked to the geographical make up of England and it’s traditions. Im not saying that government should get involved but a band splitting up doesnt even come close as a comparison.

The only argument I can see for government involvement is that this is something so culturally significant, so opposed by the entire population and so glaringly wrong as things go, to deem it their jurisdiction. I dont know enough about government to really say and I know that we are a liberal country and dont get involved in business, but that is always the argument, is this a business or ‘the people’s game’... it was robbery and unprecedented.
There are implications that would be of concern to the govt for example :
how much does the exercise that people get from football at schools and grass roots level contribute to the health of the nation,

how much does football contribute to the economic success of the country eg does English football screened around the world increase the country as a tourist destination to visit, or help other UK brands gain more traction

How important is football club as a focal point in a community and how does that improve community cohesion to say nothing of the work that bigger clubs like Everton, Man City and Palace do to improve their communities

How much does young people’s involvement in football keep them out of trouble and give positive role models

So I think there is a case for govt seeing football in a bigger context and wanting to ensure it’s long term sustainability

Last edited by Hazbaz; 24-04-2021 at 10:10 AM.
Old 24-04-2021, 11:05 AM

wrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasty_snacks View Post
More work to be done on holding these six clubs accountable for what they did.

Points deductions, fines and banning from domestic competitions should all still be on the table.
Not sure there is going to be any punishments like this from prem or uefa don't think they got the bxxxxx how do you fine a billionaire. As for sacking there mouth piece like levy there just replace him with a new puppet they will just lay low for a bit and wait for it to fall out of the news .got no doubt they will be back with a new plan 18 months down the line they probaly realise no relagation is off the cards now but making more money will still be at the top of there agenda.
Old 24-04-2021, 11:50 AM
Baller!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

What a load of shit. Why would you sign up to something where even if you win it you get less than other clubs because of who they are.

Also seen an article this morning of Florentino Perez saying clubs haven't really pulled out but taking a few weeks to reflect.