Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 23-10-2021, 12:35 AM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Bizzare Palace Headlines

Just watching the press preview on Sky news and and one of the headlines was "Why did Palace cover up truth on Queen?".

What info have we got on Her Maj or is this just gossip about Freddie and the boys?

I think we should be told!

(You can tell I'm bored while waiting for the Newcastle game!!)
Old 23-10-2021, 12:51 AM

PurePalace4E4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurePalace4E4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurePalace4E4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurePalace4E4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurePalace4E4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurePalace4E4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurePalace4E4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurePalace4E4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurePalace4E4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurePalace4E4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurePalace4E4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
sir, you may be dronk.
Old 23-10-2021, 01:32 AM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurePalace4E4 View Post
sir, you may be dronk.
Dronk as a skonk?

Not right now but watching the Arabics then I may well be!
Old 23-10-2021, 01:39 AM

StonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Gerry Queen ?? He triggered a few tabloid headlines whenever he scored in the early seventies such as “Queen Scores At The Palace”.
Old 23-10-2021, 05:07 AM
Since '67

ozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My all time favourite and I'm not sure why, Probably had an impact on me at age 14 or so and I'd just been to the game away at Charlton.

"Ahoy Palace keep it up" Circa 1969

In reference to Roger Hoy scoring and signifying Palace being in with a real chance to get promoted to the first division for the first time in history.
Old 23-10-2021, 05:13 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Of course, the headline when Andy Gray returned to Selhurst as a Villa player has taken on a whole different slant...

‘Andy in Minor Abuse at the Palace’

Supporting Katerina https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-..._co_campmgmt_m
Old 23-10-2021, 05:26 AM

Cuddles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCuddles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCuddles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCuddles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCuddles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCuddles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCuddles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCuddles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCuddles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCuddles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCuddles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
My favourite headline from when Bert was manager and we’d progressed to the next round of the cup: Happy to be in the hat - Head
Old 23-10-2021, 06:16 AM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
The best TV since man walked on the moon - in reference to our 4-3 semi final against Liverpool .
Old 23-10-2021, 09:04 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Queen in brawl at Palace

after a card littered game against Man City in the 70s
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 23-10-2021, 09:25 AM
Certified Grumpy

T.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuddles View Post
My favourite headline from when Bert was manager and we’d progressed to the next round of the cup: Happy to be in the hat - Head
Was that a real headline.

I don't remember it but can't stop laughing now!
Old 23-10-2021, 09:30 AM

old geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Pure tabloid genius
Even though I did have to explain the context to the lady wife
Old 23-10-2021, 10:08 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
I've always thought the main stand should be named after him
Old 23-10-2021, 10:54 AM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
“Eagles flying high” is mine.
Closely followed on deadline day by “ eagles swoop”.
Old 23-10-2021, 10:56 AM

Lakeside HHH Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLakeside HHH Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLakeside HHH Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLakeside HHH Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLakeside HHH Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLakeside HHH Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLakeside HHH Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLakeside HHH Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLakeside HHH Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLakeside HHH Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLakeside HHH Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
1976 cup run win at Sunderland ... "Palace in Wonderland"
Old 23-10-2021, 11:22 AM
Palace since 1970

Gazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A headline I'd like to read 'Big Ben strikes 3'

Norman Wisdom.
Old 23-10-2021, 12:16 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazpacho View Post
Old 24-10-2021, 11:56 AM
Slightly Unstable

Location: A spherical nickel-iron alloy in the middle of a nothingness of unknown quantity
Santos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazpacho View Post
Well, it's been under maintenance for the last 5 years - but is due to be back to normal in 2022
Old 24-10-2021, 12:45 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
Here's another couple. Not so bizarre but certainly memorable. Note also the enjoyable reference to Millwall at the bottom.