Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 28-07-2019, 04:18 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
It does adjust to the time zone you’re in. It will be correct when you’re at your destination.
Thanks I guess we will find out when the time comes.

Being a bit cynical, anyone who relies on the calendar on their phone to be reminded when their flight is, probably deserves to miss the flight!
Old 31-07-2019, 07:25 PM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Thanks I guess we will find out when the time comes.

Being a bit cynical, anyone who relies on the calendar on their phone to be reminded when their flight is, probably deserves to miss the flight!
My son did the 9am and 9pm mistake once, don't know where the fault was but he missed the plane by 12 hrs.

Old 31-07-2019, 07:40 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brummie Allan View Post
My son did the 9am and 9pm mistake once, don't know where the fault was but he missed the plane by 12 hrs.
I hope it doesn't run in the family.

Guess the good new is he only had to wait 12 hours for the next one.
Old 01-08-2019, 06:52 AM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
Quote:
I hope it doesn't run in the family.

Guess the good new is he only had to wait 12 hours for the next one.
Yes but it cost him.

Old 05-08-2019, 01:41 AM
The Spiky One

Asking for a friend... if you drop an iPhone, or any phone for that matter, in the toilet, the sea or a swimming pool, does placing it covered in rice over night really fix it/save it, or is this an urban myth?
Old 05-08-2019, 03:02 AM

Yogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Asking for a friend... if you drop an iPhone, or any phone for that matter, in the toilet, the sea or a swimming pool, does placing it covered in rice over night really fix it/save it, or is this an urban myth?
It absorbs the water, but chances are that the electronics will have shorted already unless it is one of the newer so called water proof versions
Old 05-08-2019, 04:16 AM
The Spiky One

I'll update you in the morning after a night in the rice.

Sorry... my friend will update you in the morning!
Old 05-08-2019, 07:04 PM
The Spiky One

Well, after sitting in rice overnight the screen is dead, and I can't get a dial tone. Plus it is rattling so I think rice got inside!

I think that myth has been busted.
Old 05-08-2019, 07:18 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
Dial tone? **** I'd forgotten about such things!
Old 05-08-2019, 07:32 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALACEWU View Post
Dial tone? **** I'd forgotten about such things!
Yep, the rotary dial keeps getting jammed also...
Old 05-08-2019, 08:29 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Just got an iPhone 7. The sound quality on phone calls is much poorer than my previous 5c and it seems to be a common problem with 7s. Any ideas on how to improve it?
Old 05-08-2019, 09:22 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Thought it was just me Ive got and 8 and its poor for reception and call quality compered to my previous Iphones

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 06-08-2019, 08:21 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
Thought it was just me Ive got and 8 and its poor for reception and call quality compered to my previous Iphones
I haven't noticed any problems with reception, just the sound quality, which is tinny, dull, with a touch of reverb thrown in for good measure. It seems to be ok on wifi/internet calls.
Old 06-08-2019, 08:58 AM

keithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Same here, terrible reception. Thought it was carrier (Virgin), invariably I end up using my landline
Old 06-08-2019, 09:45 AM
AWM V 42 124,125

Quote:
Well, after sitting in rice overnight the screen is dead, and I can't get a dial tone. Plus it is rattling so I think rice got inside!

I think that myth has been busted.
I can't get dial tone???? did you ever have a dial tone? Mine worked after a rice repair, after it had a very quick dip. Only problem was rice stuck in the charging hole which I think had expanded with the moisture and was hard to get out. How can rice get inside your friends phone???

Old 06-08-2019, 10:01 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithywonder View Post
Same here, terrible reception. Thought it was carrier (Virgin), invariably I end up using my landline
Funny thing is if we are out and I have anything less than 3 bars I use my wife’s 15 year old Nokia candy bar. 10 times better sound and reception

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 06-08-2019, 10:15 AM
Up On The Triangle

Quote:
Funny thing is if we are out and I have anything less than 3 bars I use my wife’s 15 year old Nokia candy bar. 10 times better sound and reception
Sorry, I mistook 'reception' as the ability to receive calls, which is not a problem for me. The quality of 'reception' is indeed crap. Iirc, my 5 was unable to receive 4g. The 7 does. Is this a factor?
Old 06-08-2019, 10:41 AM

No you are right I can get them but the bars AND the quality are shite. Nokia candy bars are the future

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 06-08-2019, 12:32 PM
Regretting my username

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
Just got an iPhone 7. The sound quality on phone calls is much poorer than my previous 5c and it seems to be a common problem with 7s. Any ideas on how to improve it?
Yeah, stop buying iPhones.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 06-08-2019, 12:34 PM
Regretting my username

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
It's almost as if iPhones are wildly overrated.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.