Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 16-10-2020, 08:41 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Hope it works out for you mate and sorry to hear about your troubles. Better things are around the corner.
Old 16-10-2020, 10:32 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Thanks. Been a shit year all round canít wait for 2021

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 03-11-2020, 09:10 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Anyone got a 12 yet?
Old 03-11-2020, 02:25 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
No. But I am thinking about it quite hard. I’ve got a 10 and it is three years old now and the battery is beginning need charging more than it used to.

Cannot see that the pro is worth the £150 extra coin, assuming I need 128 gig. And I generally use 80-110 gig, so cannot get away with 64.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 03-11-2020, 02:45 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Replace the battery ? I’m on an 8 and haven’t upgraded the OS as I don’t want all the emoji shite and have the phone slow down so Apple force me to upgrade

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 03-11-2020, 02:54 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
I'm still using my 6 !!
Replaced the battery once and may need to again soon.
The iOS is 12 - I guess 14 won't run on my antiquated device
Old 03-11-2020, 03:09 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
Replace the battery ? I’m on an 8 and haven’t upgraded the OS as I don’t want all the emoji shite and have the phone slow down so Apple force me to upgrade
The screen is also cracked otherwise I would have.

I did just have a nice result on my iPad. I never normally buy AppleCare but did for my iPad pro. Runs out in a few days, has a couple minor dents, and a barely noticeable scratch, so wandered in to Apple on Friday and asked them to fix it, they said not worth a fix as everything is stuck together and, so they gave me ga brand new 2018 iPad Pro for £39 which should last another few years.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 03-11-2020, 03:29 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
No. But I am thinking about it quite hard. Iíve got a 10 and it is three years old now and the battery is beginning need charging more than it used to.

Cannot see that the pro is worth the £150 extra coin, assuming I need 128 gig. And I generally use 80-110 gig, so cannot get away with 64.
Thatís exactly the same position Iím in. My phone is 3 years old and starting to drop like a stone. I like you have 100+Gb full of stuff so need a big one, think Iíll go to 256GB as I canít face changing my phone every year.
Old 03-11-2020, 03:30 PM
Danger Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
The screen is also cracked otherwise I would have.

I did just have a nice result on my iPad. I never normally by AppleCare but did for my iPad pro. Runs out in a few days, has a couple minor dents, and a barely noticeable scratch, so wandered in to Apple on Friday and asked them to fix it, they said not worth a fix as everything is stuck together and, so they gave me ga brand new 2018 iPad Pro for £39 which should last another few years.
Result
Old 03-11-2020, 03:35 PM
Ichiro!

They just emailed me to say have one free year of Apple TV+ as well because I have a new product.

Mentalists. It’s basically the same iPad as far as I am concerned. But as we start to keep things going for longer then I shall start to do this more often. I keep phones for three years and iPads now for three to four years so it’s basically like getting a uber mid life service half way through. Also all their stuff is stuck together in a way makes it hard to easily repair these days. So they are usually likely to replace.
Old 03-11-2020, 04:18 PM
Ichiro!

They are now emailing me about free Apple Arcade, whatever that is.
Old 03-11-2020, 06:18 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Anyone got a 12 yet?
I got a 12 pro a few days ago. The battery in my 6s Plus was on its way out, I could have replaced the battery but thought it was time for a new phone instead after five years. I went for the Pro because I tend to keep hold of my phones for quite a long time, it’s a noticeable upgrade all round.

Last edited by Smoz; 03-11-2020 at 06:36 PM.
Old 04-11-2020, 06:39 AM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Does anyone have a good condition 7 or 8 laying around?

Golf handicap - 7.7
Old 05-11-2020, 01:23 PM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
Yet again an upgrade to iso14.1 seems to be cocking my battery life up again.

Old 05-11-2020, 03:29 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brummie Allan View Post
Yet again an upgrade to iso14.1 seems to be cocking my battery life up again.
I never put 2 and 2 together, but I think you maybe right. I have noticed my battery life has taken a turn for the worse this week. I upgraded to iOS 14.1 at the weekend.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:49 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
14.2 is out today, don't know if that will help with battery issues.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:51 PM

Still on 13.1 on my 8 and see no reason to change but my new 11 came today so I’m sure I be forced to upgrade just for some emoji shite that takes up more space

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 05-11-2020, 11:11 PM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
Got to worth a try but I guess Apple are not interested in my iPhone 7, I'm of course sure they wouldn't make my battery worse to make me upgrade.

Old 05-11-2020, 11:13 PM
AWM V 42 124,125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I never put 2 and 2 together, but I think you maybe right. I have noticed my battery life has taken a turn for the worse this week. I upgraded to iOS 14.1 at the weekend.
Mine has run out middle of the afternoon with minimal use two days running and I updated 3 days ago.

Old 05-11-2020, 11:54 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
Apart from added more bloody emoji and wallpaper, and fix a few bugs (no details) I don't think it will.

I'm downloading it anyway. Seems to be taking a long time... must be a big one!