Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 21-04-2021, 03:18 PM
Lurker

sirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP Satellite View Post
My point being though - a change, I think a quite substantial change has taken place in the CL format anyway in the last 24 hours - when all parties eventually re-open negotiations, the momentum has already started in terms of giving bigger clubs (big in terms of ‘historical European placings’’) a wildcard into the CL every season - a foot in the door, so to speak.

There are also far more games and also League system, which I would suspect will have an even bigger bearing on clubs pushing for a reduced Premier League and disbanding the League Cup and further devaluing the FA Cup too.

I wouldn’t be sorry to see the League Cup go. Perhaps merge it with the Checkatrade thing...
Old 21-04-2021, 03:18 PM

Wycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is here
Just heard Henry's apology. What an absolute load of snivelling old bollox. Absolute disgrace of a man. How did that **** make his billions if he thinks that will wash. Or are americans seriously that thick they lap that sort of s*** up. And I like Americans too.

We couldn't do this without the fans......but didn't think about consulting them first. The dithering old **** would get more respect if he came out and said look I'm a greedy bast*** and I saw this opportunity to make billions as a businessman, or simply nothing at all. Not this grovelling bulls***.

Personally I wasn't bothered about sanctions now. They’ve been embarrassed enough. But after listening to that crap throw the book at them. I suspect the scousers will lap it up though
Old 21-04-2021, 03:20 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdougie View Post
I wouldn’t be sorry to see the League Cup go. Perhaps merge it with the Checkatrade thing...
The League Cup needs a re-think, something a bit different from the FA Cup. I personally think it should be limited to those competing in the same league and the prize should be a play off place for the winners in Champ, L1,2 & 3 etc and a place in CL for the Prem.

Breathin deep, breathin easy...
Old 21-04-2021, 03:22 PM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wycombe Eagle#2 View Post
Just heard Henry's apology. What an absolute load of snivelling old bollox. Absolute disgrace of a man. How did that **** make his billions if he thinks that will wash. Or are americans seriously that thick they lap that sort of s*** up. And I like Americans too.

We couldn't do this without the fans......but didn't think about consulting them first. The dithering old **** would get more respect if he came out and said look I'm a greedy bast*** and I saw this opportunity to make billions as a businessman, or simply nothing at all. Not this grovelling bulls***.

Personally I wasn't bothered about sanctions now. They’ve been embarrassed enough. But after listening to that crap throw the book at them. I suspect the scousers will lap it up though
their plastic army will but I wouldn't be so sure about the legacy fans. Their history of going too far trying to whore the club out then going back and pretending to be sorry (see the insane ticket prices in their new Big Stand and the walkouts v Sunderland) hasn't been forgotten by them and this may be one time too many
Old 21-04-2021, 03:24 PM
Lurker

sirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is here
Bring back the Anglo-Italian cup....
Old 21-04-2021, 03:25 PM

Norwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is here
The problem with sanctions is that it can penalise the fans, players, staff etc. and I have an issue with that.

If only there was a way to personally penalise those who were trying to get this off the ground.

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 21-04-2021, 03:26 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
You can’t get rid, it’s got a history and it’s another route for clubs like us to see a trophy.

As said it needs an overhaul
Old 21-04-2021, 03:32 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS78 View Post
You can’t get rid, it’s got a history and it’s another route for clubs like us to see a trophy.

As said it needs an overhaul

Except even Palace see it as waste of time and try to get knocked out ASAP every season
Old 21-04-2021, 03:35 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
punish them under what grounds though? I've still not seen anyone actually state what they have legally done wrong, that would drive things like points deductions. It simply won't happen. Hopefully it drives sistmic change in the background, but people expecting sanctions, deductions, fines etc are going to be very dissapointed
Rule L9 where they can't play their first team in any competiton other than the ones listed without prior written approval.

And I'm certain a disrepute charge will stick.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 21-04-2021, 03:37 PM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Except even Palace see it as waste of time and try to get knocked out ASAP every season
If we had a real chance of winning it and a manager with a modicum of ambition () I think we'd have a go at it
Old 21-04-2021, 04:01 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSEagle View Post
I think, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong, as everything I know about this is from Adlers post.

Say the figure was set at £350m, a bank would accept a payment of say £10m from Man Utd up front.

If Man Utd then left the PL the bank would pay £350m to the PL and would then reclaim the money (presumably the whole £350m) from Man Utd. The up front figure, as I understand it, covers the risk of non-payment rather than the risk of the event happening.
No idea how much you pay for a guarantee now but it used to be a certain percentage. It does not cover the cost of non-payment or the risk of the event happening and it is just a facility fee for issuing the guarantee.

If the guarantee is called then the bank coughs up and it will then reclaim the money from its customer, in this case Man United. When assessing the risk this will be included under whatever lending facilities the bank has granted to Man United.

To be 100% safe a bank would take a charge over a cash deposit of equal amount.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 21-04-2021, 04:05 PM

Kai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwich_Eagle View Post
The problem with sanctions is that it can penalise the fans, players, staff etc. and I have an issue with that.

If only there was a way to personally penalise those who were trying to get this off the ground.
Well they can lose their jobs and be banned from ever working in football again. If any owners are proven to be among the catalyst they should be forced to rescind their ownership.

But most importantly, level the playing field by introducing salary caps. If kids aren't watching football because of the number of uninteresting games (sic), then FIFA, UEFA, The FA and everyone in football should look to create more interesting games by making the teams outside the Top 6 (or whatever) better.
Old 21-04-2021, 04:10 PM

liberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
don't forget its uefa that are meddling with a "history coefficient" If a big club comes 6th and a small club 4th in the Prem, the big club should go into the champions league. Only Steve Parish is talking about it.
UEFA are as much enemies of fans as the ESL.
also why should 4th placed Leicester go into champions league when Ajax as Dutch champions have to spend July trying to "qualify" ? UEFA make decisions based on money. off with their heads
Old 21-04-2021, 04:13 PM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Please.

You think a decision like this was not sanctioned at the highest level. This was clearly months if not years in the planning.

Anyone who did this without that approval would have been sacked immediately. Guy Laurence is still in role. Marina Granovskaia is still in role
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 21-04-2021, 04:15 PM

Spiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSEagle View Post
Don't think that's a huge disincentive for them tbh, stick a CL spot in for the winners and you're there.
Always should have been a CL place for FA Cupwinners
Old 21-04-2021, 04:18 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger1 View Post
That article says he knew about it.

HTH
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 21-04-2021, 04:24 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here

Supporting Katerina https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-..._co_campmgmt_m
Old 21-04-2021, 04:28 PM

Weed Killer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWeed Killer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWeed Killer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWeed Killer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWeed Killer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWeed Killer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWeed Killer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWeed Killer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWeed Killer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWeed Killer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWeed Killer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The only “customers” I could see the ESL appealing to in this country is the soppy plastic Brighton ones, 80-90% of their customers are half and half “tourists” with no real loyalty anyway, you’d probably have them start supporting 3 teams including a non UK club and the token little ole local community club as the back drop, as is now.
Old 21-04-2021, 04:33 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
And Joe Lewis?

Typical Spurs want to be with the big boys but bottle it, Spursy. Their fans then completely miss point and blame the monkey not the organ grinder
Old 21-04-2021, 04:34 PM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
That article says he knew about it.

HTH
I think there's a big difference between being informed about a creation of a new European league and understanding the specifics and deciding to enter it.

To me it seems like he was notified that all the other European top teams were going to create a new European league outside of UEFA but wasn't given the details about the lack of opportunity to qualify or potential backlash.