Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 03-05-2021, 10:18 PM

redsox will cross the room to turn the lights down lowredsox will cross the room to turn the lights down lowredsox will cross the room to turn the lights down lowredsox will cross the room to turn the lights down lowredsox will cross the room to turn the lights down lowredsox will cross the room to turn the lights down lowredsox will cross the room to turn the lights down lowredsox will cross the room to turn the lights down lowredsox will cross the room to turn the lights down lowredsox will cross the room to turn the lights down lowredsox will cross the room to turn the lights down low
I'm all for the elite teams forming a breakaway league of their own as long as they are no longer in the premiership. Makes room for many teams to move up and more equal and competative. The elite teams will have most of the best players and their fans will be entertained by boring football as one elite cancels out the other one. 0-0, 0-0, 0-0, maybe the odd 1-0
Old 07-05-2021, 06:27 PM

M3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So it seems the punishment if you can call it that is a small fine, about £5m per club. Pathetic. No ban. They have had to pledge to support UEFA competitions though. If they try to break away again they'll get a 100m euros fine. They've had to agree to that. Must have been a tough decision. Pay €100m to make a guaranteed €300m per season.
Old 07-05-2021, 06:55 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
It’s all it has ever been £££€€€$$$ they don’t want to penalise them too much as the scabs are still UEFA’s cash cow.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 07-05-2021, 07:11 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
They’ve had their tummy tickled.
Old 07-05-2021, 07:53 PM

stumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is here
Wow. That'll teach them. Disgusting cowards.
Old 07-05-2021, 07:56 PM
What the deuce?!

MAFL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAFL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAFL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAFL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAFL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAFL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAFL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAFL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAFL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAFL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAFL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
What a joke, like a speeding ticket.
Old 07-05-2021, 08:15 PM

Philipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Eagle View Post
So it seems the punishment if you can call it that is a small fine, about £5m per club. Pathetic. No ban. They have had to pledge to support UEFA competitions though. If they try to break away again they'll get a 100m euros fine. They've had to agree to that. Must have been a tough decision. Pay €100m to make a guaranteed €300m per season.
is it even that? £13.5m across 9 clubs = £1.5m each. Plus 5% of UEFA income in 2023-24 (which I suspect will be forgotten about by 2023....)
Old 07-05-2021, 08:19 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
I assume that the reason for the token punishment is because the nine clubs all renounced the Super League are come back into UEFA's fold. The three clubs that have not done so (Barca, Real, Juve) all have to face a "trial" where their punishments will be determined.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 07-05-2021, 08:27 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
I caught a snippet today that suggested that Inter were in quite deep doggy do financially.

They have bought that league title with debt. Just the wages.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 12-05-2021, 01:50 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Just a couple of random and in truth pretty irrelevant updates on this.

First, I have intermittently been catching up on the 'Football Cliches' podcast (which I would recommend) while toiling away on the old rowing machine. Last night I reached an episode from October last year, within which they casually mentioned in passing that the departing Barcelona President had revealed about them signing up to the ESL in his leaving speech. I had completely forgotten about this but the mention of it brought the memory back, there was a brief kerfuffle in the media for a day or two and then it rapidly died a death. So a) why didn't the media do more digging at the time; b) it puts lie to the notion that this ESL thing was constructed in haste before the recent announcement and there simply wasn't time to consult with the fans.

Second, I stumbled across this bit of useless trivia recently in relation to the 'big six':

Number of times they have finished outside the top ten in the premier league era
Arsenal 1 (1994/95)
Chelsea 4 (1992/93 to 1995/96 inclusive)
Liverpool 0
Manchester City 12
Manchester United 0
Spurs 6 (most recently 2007/08)
Total 23, of which Manchester City comprise nearly 60% from their generally crap era before the oil money poured in.

Number of times they finished outside the top ten in the 30 seasons which preceded the premier league
Arsenal 5
Chelsea 18 (i.e. Chelsea were just another middling club)
Liverpool 0 (their fans have really stuck with it through thick and thin haven't they, 60+ years inside the top ten, a phenomenal record)
Manchester City 20
Manchester United 8
Spurs 9
Total 60

This proves nothing at all, except that the era before the premier league was more open and unpredictable I guess. Which is how I used to like it.

Last edited by Bipe; 12-05-2021 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 12-05-2021, 04:33 PM

Vultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm still waiting for the Premier League to announce its punishment for the self-styled "Big Six" following their abortive bid unilaterally to sever their contractual ties with the FA in pursuit of even more money. Points deductions? Big fines? Relegation to the Championship? I guess I'm in for a long wait.
Old 12-05-2021, 04:46 PM
Baller!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
I caught a snippet today that suggested that Inter were in quite deep doggy do financially.

Inter have basically been back loading all their deals for about the last 3 years since they came out of FFP, effectively signing players on loan for the season and agreeing huge obligations to buy for a year later. All well and good until a year later comes and you actually have to pay. Obviously not helped by the fact they have lost a season and a half of revenue due to covid.
Old 12-05-2021, 05:20 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Inter have basically been back loading all their deals for about the last 3 years since they came out of FFP, effectively signing players on loan for the season and agreeing huge obligations to buy for a year later. All well and good until a year later comes and you actually have to pay. Obviously not helped by the fact they have lost a season and a half of revenue due to covid.
You would have thought these clubs would have put their heads together to sign an agreement to bring down escalating transfer fees and out of control wage bills, many of these clubs are pretty much insolvent yet they trundle on in the same direction

It’s a weird business full of ego and greed
Old 12-05-2021, 05:30 PM

PemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I see Juventus are unlikely to even make the CL next season - 5th in Serie A with 3 games to go and trailing by 3 points.
Old 12-05-2021, 05:57 PM

desperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PemboExpress View Post
I see Juventus are unlikely to even make the CL next season - 5th in Serie A with 3 games to go and trailing by 3 points.
It may be time for Juve to do what they do best. Match fixing
It is five!
Old 12-05-2021, 08:53 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by desperado View Post
It may be time for Juve to do what they do best. Match fixing
As things stand it is set up nicely for Atalanta and Milan to play out a draw on the final day of the season, thus both finishing one point ahead of Juventus. Hoist by their own petard maybe - this assumes they all win their next games before then.
Old 12-05-2021, 09:50 PM

PemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
As things stand it is set up nicely for Atalanta and Milan to play out a draw on the final day of the season, thus both finishing one point ahead of Juventus. Hoist by their own petard maybe - this assumes they all win their next games before then.
Yes, after tonight it looks like Juve will almost certainly have to beat Inter at home this Saturday. Atalanta should get 1 more win which with their GD puts them out of reach. AC and Napoli should certainly get a minimum of 1 more win from their 2 games too.
Old 12-05-2021, 11:25 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Didn’t Juve’s owner say ‘Atalanta don’t belong in the champions league’ or something along those lines?
Old 13-05-2021, 01:32 AM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post

The Chinese corporation who owns them have shut down their top tier club in China to focus on their core business of Retail.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 13-05-2021, 01:50 AM
Veteran

JJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vultur View Post
I'm still waiting for the Premier League to announce its punishment for the self-styled "Big Six" following their abortive bid unilaterally to sever their contractual ties with the FA in pursuit of even more money. Points deductions? Big fines? Relegation to the Championship? I guess I'm in for a long wait.
Like I said earlier in this thread, those clubs have brought the game into disrepute (to use the label favoured by the English football authorities) to an absolutely unprecedented degree.

They are swift to dish out punishments of fines and bans for players or managers who bring the game into disrepute, for very much smaller misdemeanours in the greater scheme of things. Similarly they have little hesitation in punishing clubs that are already on their knees financially by docking points, so pushing them still deeper into trouble by almost enforcing relegation (Palace must be one of the very few clubs that has beaten relegation despite having that particular sanction inflicted).

They need to punish the clubs commensurately to the amount of trouble they've caused, and to do otherwise is tantamount to admitting they're too scared of the clubs / what punishing them might lead to.