Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 05-07-2022, 01:31 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddfunk View Post
Exactly.

You agreed to your T's & C's by turning up to work.

The worst thing they might try is to refuse to pay you for the 3 days works... but that wouldn't be legal.

However, working for a company for 3 days then quitting will look terrible on your CV.

Try and stick with it. Do the tedious jobs well and you'll get more responsibility quickly, especially if the people around you have no interest im progression. The temp manager might be replaced with someone decent.

Itís making you ill. This advise wonít remedy that. Dodger is right: give it the Spanish archer and move on.
Old 05-07-2022, 05:23 AM
'What's for dinner?'

Max_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is here
A verbal contract is a contract, unfortunately, and you could be taken to court for a breach of that contract.

However, I don’t know why you don’t hand in your notice and go sick, seeing as it’s only a week’s worth? To my mind it’s not even as if that’s untrue since the thought of going in is affecting your mental health.
Old 05-07-2022, 07:28 AM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
No one can make you work, at any time. Period.

Just donít expect to be paid for any days you didnít work.
They canít work but they can sue you for damages !

Will not after three days though
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 05-07-2022, 09:09 AM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

However, working for a company for 3 days then quitting will look terrible on your CV.

I think someone would have to be pretty stupid to put that on their CV
Old 05-07-2022, 09:17 AM

stevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
I think someone would have to be pretty stupid to put that on their CV
Agreed, nothing to be gained by doing that
Old 05-07-2022, 09:27 AM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by congress View Post
This is what the contract says:

I .................................................. .......... have read and understood the Statement of Terms and
Conditions of Employment and details attached and I confirm that I accept them as the terms and
conditions of my contract of employment with the Employer. I understand that my employment is
subject to the rules, regulations and policies of the Employer. I understand that the Employer reserves
the right to alter or amend my terms and conditions from time to time. I accept that the Employer has
offered me employment subject to its terms and conditions and their offer and my acceptance of it
shall together constitute a contract between the parties.
Signed: .................................................. .......... Date .................................................. ..........
As previously stated you are required to sign and return this document, If however we do not receive
a signed copy of the contract, or correspondence from you wishing to query the contract, within 2
months of the date of issue of this contract, it will be assumed that you accept the terms and
conditions as laid down within the document.
What does the contract say about notice? Often there is no notice required from either party if the employment has been less than 1 month.

If notice is required and you don't work it, you may be in breach of contract. If you don't work any notice required and they don't pay you, they'll be in breach of contract too (and have breached other regulations like National Minimum Wage I would expect).

Even if you don't work notice, they'll probably still pay you. It's just not worth the potential hassle for three days pay. Even if they don't pay you, it shouldn't be too hard to get them to pay, even if it takes a little while.
Old 05-07-2022, 09:35 AM

congress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just found this on the contract and it does not say anything about under a month.

1 month or more but less than 2 years Not less than 1 week
2 years or more but less than 12 years Not less than 1 week for each year of continuous employment
12 years or more Not less than 12 weeks
Old 05-07-2022, 09:38 AM

Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I once got called into a job I'd finished. I went up to Kensington High St with a travelcard to see them. The boss came out and said I'd been overpaid by £2.51 and could I pay it back. Once I'd established he wasn't actually joking, ,I suggested reasonably politely that they might set that against my travel expenses for coming into the office after I'd finished the job. I mean, why make a fuss? Let's shake hands and I'll be on my way. He went off to check and came back to say, no they couldn't do that, but they could reimburse the expenses if I filled out a form. I think at the time a travelcard was about £3.60.

I then set about wasting as much of the manager's time as I possibly could by asking spurious questions and being really slow about filling in the form. I was in no hurry after all.

Anyway, as regards Congress' job, what remedies are actually available to the employer?
Old 05-07-2022, 09:42 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
The moral highground?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 05-07-2022, 09:57 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Say you'll work the week's notice, then self-certify off work with stress for the week.
Old 05-07-2022, 10:03 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
Say you'll work the week's notice, then self-certify off work with stress for the week.
Ah, the Boris Johnson approach?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 05-07-2022, 11:22 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Ah, the Boris Johnson approach?
I didn't say get your mistress a job
Old 05-07-2022, 11:34 AM

Wycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
If its causing you to be unwell you can self-certify sick leave for up to 7 days.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Was going to say the same. Just go sick
Old 05-07-2022, 11:36 AM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by congress View Post
Just found this on the contract and it does not say anything about under a month.

1 month or more but less than 2 years Not less than 1 week
2 years or more but less than 12 years Not less than 1 week for each year of continuous employment
12 years or more Not less than 12 weeks
In which case, if no notice is specified in your contract when working less than 1 month, no notice is required.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

You do not need to give any notice, despite what the temp manager may say. They need to pay you for the time you have worked.
Old 05-07-2022, 11:49 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Goes to show what I know!

Agree what others have said though. With regards to the lack of notice period, that could be in another document that is supposedly "readily available to staff?"

Give your notice period then go off sick.
Old 05-07-2022, 12:41 PM
Man of the weld

Pat of the Palace Sam the man is herePat of the Palace Sam the man is herePat of the Palace Sam the man is herePat of the Palace Sam the man is herePat of the Palace Sam the man is herePat of the Palace Sam the man is herePat of the Palace Sam the man is herePat of the Palace Sam the man is herePat of the Palace Sam the man is herePat of the Palace Sam the man is herePat of the Palace Sam the man is here
I'd go in and just swing the lead. What are they going to do, sack you?
Old 05-07-2022, 12:59 PM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wycombe Eagle#2 View Post
Was going to say the same. Just go sick
Another vote here for this option.
Old 05-07-2022, 01:21 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Ssssshhh don't tell anyone but I think some people might just not mention it
Old 05-07-2022, 03:12 PM
Keep on climbing

Mapletree came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMapletree came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMapletree came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMapletree came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMapletree came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMapletree came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMapletree came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMapletree came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMapletree came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMapletree came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMapletree came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think it highly likely you will have a probation clause that states 1 week of notice.

I suggest you make it clear your job has made you Iíll, you would like to mutually agree an immediate termination and that is for health reasons

If that is not forthcoming it seems to me very likely you would have to take time off due to stress. You can choose to get a fit note from a pharmacist or nurse as of this month, just in case you want to reinforce your position.
Old 05-07-2022, 03:23 PM

congress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapletree View Post
I think it highly likely you will have a probation clause that states 1 week of notice.

I suggest you make it clear your job has made you Iíll, you would like to mutually agree an immediate termination and that is for health reasons

If that is not forthcoming it seems to me very likely you would have to take time off due to stress. You can choose to get a fit note from a pharmacist or nurse as of this month, just in case you want to reinforce your position.
The funny thing is the job was working in a pharmacy. If they come chasing me i will mention the poor working conditions.