Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 11-06-2021, 11:54 AM

Dogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogstar721 View Post
Its a bit of a misnomer that all Far Right Groups are racist. In more recent decades certain groups have certainly at least had the pretense of being 'Nationalist' in definition, and typically shifted their 'presentation' towards being about 'citizens vs immigrants'.

The EDL is definitely one of them, though it does have an issue with racists in the organisation, its tried to distance itself in the past from the BNP and National Front. You'll even find people in the BNP who are not racist (though the BNP is a racist party, its rhetoric is definitely scaled back from the National Front).

The BNP for example, split from the National Front, and one of the primary reasons was to 'move away from basing their political policy around race' - as this was clearly very unpopular outside the Party. Now that doesn't mean that the BNP isn't racist, or doesn't have racist members, its just means they're much more careful to avoid race.

The reality is probably that they're are racists within the EDL, but that its not a central theme of the party. Most Unionist and Loyalist groups are deeply racist, but will often avoid talking about race and their views to protect their position (Sectarianism is another matter).

Personally, I don't see why anyone would be a member of a far right group, let alone people who are gay, black or women. But then the NF never recovered from the fact that a large number of its openly homophobic leadership were in fact gay or bisexual. Gay people are also Catholics, Women support movements that regard women as being property.

Humans are complex, and often the reasons for joining a far right group aren't even political. I know at least two people through my dad in AA who were in the National Front because they loved to fight (neither really gave much of s**t about race or racial politics - the appeal of the NF to them was the violence - When they quit drinking (and in both cases drugs) they completely changed.
A fair post .
I alluded in my previous reply though joining right wing groups always comes with the good chance far right types will be attracted to it which leads to
accusations that group is then far right .
Old 11-06-2021, 12:14 PM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hong_kong_hg View Post
Says the one who thinks Human Right Watch and Amnesty International aren't credible organisations (a classic far right trope of course).
Which equates how to the point raised to another poster

Are you and CR playing tag.....

Last edited by N Herts Eagle; 11-06-2021 at 02:06 PM.
Old 11-06-2021, 12:14 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
All far right groups are self obsessed. That, I think, is a fair observation - they make everything about them and people superficially “like” them.
Old 11-06-2021, 01:53 PM

hulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is here
Quote:
FIFA banning poppies kind of makes sense, when you think about it, in relation to the international game, given the history of the British militarily with quite a few International Nations. I don't really agree with that, but I can see why it might be an issue for some African nations FAs, Asian Nations FAs and say the Argentine FA.

But I'm also generally of the opinion that I have no interest at all in what the likes of Robinson and Roscoe have to say, as they rarely actually mean what they say, rather its about highjacking issues for political support.

For all their 'stance on Grooming gangs' they actually did f**k all except exploit it for their own recruitment, whilst simultaneously distracting attention from those who did actually bring it to light. All it was for them was a chance to create greater divisions for their own gain.
Spot on. How people are unable to work this all out for themselves is quite frankly ridiculous. Some of the people I see dismissing this must purely be doing it to further their agenda even though they know they're being disingenuous. It's the only explanation for it.
Old 11-06-2021, 02:08 PM
hey, its just an opinion

the digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Im sorry. I can't understand how this thread is still bubbling along.

Why on earth would anyone think it was reasonable to boo someone for taking the knee? Or come on a discussion board to try to justify it?
Old 11-06-2021, 02:09 PM

hulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by the digger View Post
Im sorry. I can't understand how this thread is still bubbling along.

Why on earth would anyone think it was reasonable to boo someone for taking the knee? Or come on a discussion board to try to justify it?
Because they're mentally ill.
Old 11-06-2021, 02:27 PM
Lurker

sirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkster View Post
Because they're mentally ill.
Racism isn't a mental illness. Don't let people get away with their behaviour.
Old 11-06-2021, 02:31 PM

tsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin Up View Post
I see in the 'Auld Enemy' Euro fixture England will be taking the knee but Scotland have deemed it unnecessary. Gawd if the countries were reversed the Jocks would need oxygen tanks as they'd be on such high horses.
This has been reversed now and has had a bunch of obnoxious scottish football fans complaing they're now kneeing to english demands. FFS.
Old 11-06-2021, 02:38 PM
Not Tommy Robinson's Dad

hong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle View Post
Which equates how to the point raised to another poster

Are you and CR playing tag.....
Yes we already know you don't like a light being shone on your hypocrisy.
Old 11-06-2021, 02:48 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunamiman View Post
This has been reversed now and has had a bunch of obnoxious scottish football fans complaing they're now kneeing to english demands. FFS.
Seen it reported as Scotland kneeling in support of England

Surely it should be in support of the reasons behind kneeling, nothing to do with England
Old 11-06-2021, 02:50 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
Seen it reported as Scotland kneeling in support of England

Surely it should be in support of the reasons behind kneeling, nothing to do with England
It probably is. Simply poor reporting, as usual.
Old 11-06-2021, 02:56 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunamiman View Post
They know some Scottish fans will boo so knocked it on the head save the hassle, however they don't mind kneeling at Wembley because they can blame the English

I'm sure Sturgeon will find an angle to points score with it
Old 11-06-2021, 04:45 PM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yes we already know you don't like a light being shone on your hypocrisy.
You are struggling now....i am happy to stand against both HRW and Amnesty for the positions they have regarding Palestine and Israel. As explained at the time. You can add a few more including Liberty and Shami. All the responses and reasons are on here and can be found in Wiki if you have forgotten. You can add Pinochet which i pointed out the economic recovery which in the mind of CR means i also supported the violence even after numerous responses making it clear i dont.

None of that said though relates to the hypocrisy in the post by CR which was a direct response to his posts over a number of years to me on a personal level. Which seems to have so upset you. I still question why you have even seen the need to respond. CR is more than capable of bullshitting his way out.

Which therefore raised the last point are you two playing tag.

Which of course you do not respond too but return to something i still standby. Hey Ho just saying carry on or tag CR.

Last edited by N Herts Eagle; 11-06-2021 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-06-2021, 04:54 PM

big bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is here
Quote:

Humans are complex, and often the reasons for joining a far right group aren't even political. I know at least two people through my dad in AA who were in the National Front because they loved to fight (neither really gave much of s**t about race or racial politics - the appeal of the NF to them was the violence - When they quit drinking (and in both cases drugs) they completely changed.
That reminds me of a lad who lived on our street. Became a fully paid up member of the NF and all the marching and violence that went with it. I came back from America one time to find the same bloke had found a black girl friend and was all huggy, huggy with everyone. According to his friends, the drastic change in his personality all came about when he started taking E tablets and getting caught up in the rave scene.
Old 11-06-2021, 05:14 PM
Not Tommy Robinson's Dad

hong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is here
Quote:
You are struggling now....i am happy to stand against both HRW and Amnesty for the positions they have regarding Palestine and Israel. As explained at the time. You can add a few more including Liberty and Shami. All the responses and reasons are on here and can be found in Wiki if you have forgotten. You can add Pinochet which i pointed out the economic recovery which in the mind of CR means i also supported the violence even after numerous responses making it clear i dont.

None of that said though relates to the hypocrisy in the post by CR which was a direct response to his posts over a number of years to me on a personal level. Which seems to have so upset you. I still question why you have even seen the need to respond. CR is more than capable of bullshitting his way out.

Which of course you respond too but return to something i still standby. Hey Ho just saying carry on or tag CR.
LOL you have a penchant for pretending politics is the motivating factor behind reporting & protesting human rights violations and discrimination, alongside your other penchant for pretending valid criticism of your hypocrisy is anti-semitic.

Your hideous distortions straight out of the authoritarian playbook undermine To view the link you have to Register or Login. I make no apology for pointing out the malign political hackery of you, and of others here.
Old 11-06-2021, 05:55 PM

Quote:
LOL you have a penchant for pretending politics is the motivating factor behind reporting & protesting human rights violations and discrimination, alongside your other penchant for pretending valid criticism of your hypocrisy is anti-semitic.

Your hideous distortions straight out of the authoritarian playbook undermine To view the link you have to Register or Login. I make no apology for pointing out the malign political hackery of you, and of others here.
I will take your last paragraph first if I may. This shows precisely why these groups need to be above criticism. I have no issue with the importance of the issues it has raised around the world. I pointed out within the context of Israel and Palestine they have failed to do that in my opinion. The reasons why i hold that opinion as well. It fails the Palestinians that need the issues highlighted as well. Disagree with the Israel Palestine issues and we can duscuss but suggest you move that conversation to the relevant thread. Again its not even nuanced at no time have i argued regarding other reports ever. The situation in China is horrendous. I have at no time argued with reports about other countries or conflicts and there are issues others have raised again Wiki will help you.

I am very careful where i use antisemitism as an arguement. With you I highlighted why and the reasoning citing the relevant part of the IHRA definition and examples. In any other example you will find I have done the same. In some cases you have asked for me to to be clear what I am saying. Despite the baiting i keep within the boundaries i set myself not what you or others wish to set. You want a clear as possible view there are times in here the views expressed in debate have crossed the line in my opinion. That is my opinion from my viewpoint based on the IHRA. But i have a view that nothing is gained by calling it out. That a far greater understanding of the differences can be had by maintaining cordial debate.

Finally Once and once only have i asked the Mods on here to review a post. Which as an aside CR was supportive of. Les at least now knows what salt beef looks like.

None of which addresses the point raised to CR or your obsession with it or the obsessions now to attempt to undermine it.

So how about i try....

Is it because the point is wrong
Is it because you disagree with the point

I could add a third but refuse as it does not add to the debate and fails my personal boundaries
when debating on here.

You might use the CR Word Salad response to the first part of the response hopefully the last part helps explain it.

Last edited by N Herts Eagle; 11-06-2021 at 10:00 PM.
Old 11-06-2021, 08:05 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogburger View Post
I didn't really say he was seeing past race I said he was seeing past the colour of his skin which was the question posed .

I would slightly disagree with your last sentence CR . People from all walks of life join right wing groups including people from the far right . They are rightly pushed to the fringes or over time barred .

If we are judged by our associates we are all guilty .
rightt wing groups aren't really a problem. I might not agree with Conservatives, but I don't think they're an outright danger, and they're a broad church. Historically it's only been a fringe that have been ****wits. I think there are elements in it that don't have the best interests of the people in mind, but that's true of Labour as well.

I'm concerned about its shift towards popularism and dog whistle politics in the last few years, and it's been a shadow of itself since Cameron resigned.

But it's not that that worries me, it's the way they've pandered to single issue dogmatism, rather than being pragmatic.

Last edited by dogstar721; 11-06-2021 at 09:00 PM.
Old 12-06-2021, 09:48 AM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:

Which of course you do not respond too but return to something i still standby. Hey Ho just saying carry on or tag CR.
Just because I have quoted left wing Jewish organisations doesn’t mean I thought it was anything other than a minority view and only a pillock like you would then crudely try to compare that to someone pushing a far right agenda from someone from a minority group.

You said Pinochet saved Chile. You smear human rights organisations. You play down bigotry against Palestinians. You smear the BLM movement. You’re a nasty bit of work and have been picked up on that by far more posters than the “tag team”.

Good enough tag for you?
Old 12-06-2021, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
Just because I have quoted left wing Jewish organisations doesn’t mean I thought it was anything other than a minority view and only a pillock like you would then crudely try to compare that to someone pushing a far right agenda from someone from a minority group.

You said Pinochet saved Chile. You smear human rights organisations. You play down bigotry against Palestinians. You smear the BLM movement. You’re a nasty bit of work and have been picked up on that by far more posters than the “tag team”.

Good enough tag for you?
The hypocrisy and rewrite of history in this post is excellent well done. You quoted them consistently in support of your position and used the wrong type of Jew when challenged. Seems a tad unfair just because it does not suit your view to at least let others from the other extreme the same consideration. For the avoidance of doubt both are wrong.

As for the smearing i attach a link on the HRW Director for Israel Palestine. Not that i expect you to read it but others may find it interesting and may even acknowledge there is cause to at least wonder..
To view the link you have to Register or Login

If calling some of the political aspects of BLM marxist is smearing then astonishingly they smear themselves. I think it was HPlace who was confused by the two UK organisations. The second link he posted is interesting and bear in mind that was the organisation that was funded by some 1m in the UK Go Fund..

The USA link and Marxism I have posted before.

You obviously are challenged over concepts and the serious dangers of hyperinflation. History is never your strong point. I stand with the economic point not the actions elsewhere.

I also stand that the better form of debate is cordial some are challenged by that you obviously fall into that category. Will not stop me trying.
Old 12-06-2021, 05:13 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
The hypocrisy and rewrite of history in this post is excellent well done. You quoted them consistently in support of your position and used the wrong type of Jew when challenged. Seems a tad unfair just because it does not suit your view to at least let others from the other extreme the same consideration. For the avoidance of doubt both are wrong.

As for the smearing i attach a link on the HRW Director for Israel Palestine. Not that i expect you to read it but others may find it interesting and may even acknowledge there is cause to at least wonder..
To view the link you have to Register or Login

If calling some of the political aspects of BLM marxist is smearing then astonishingly they smear themselves. I think it was HPlace who was confused by the two UK organisations. The second link he posted is interesting and bear in mind that was the organisation that was funded by some 1m in the UK Go Fund..

The USA link and Marxism I have posted before.

You obviously are challenged over concepts and the serious dangers of hyperinflation. History is never your strong point. I stand with the economic point not the actions elsewhere.

I also stand that the better form of debate is cordial some are challenged by that you obviously fall into that category. Will not stop me trying.
What are you blathering about? I said that just because someone from a minority group says something in support of the far right doesn’t make the far right viewpoint any better. That doesn’t therefore follow on to saying that if someone from a minority group says something in support of an issue it can never be correct or not correct. In your desperation to smear you’re being a complete plonker.

Then you blather on with your usual incoherent rubbish when trying to twist things in order to undermine anti racist movements and political points you don’t agree with.

Your posts are worthless rubbish. It isn’t just history that isn’t your strong point nothing is as you wail Pinochet the saviour.

And no you’re not cordial at all. You are underhand and constantly dishonest.