Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old Yesterday, 01:40 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Dreadzone playing in Horsham next month...may have to go and be entertained

SaulAlinsky
Old Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
You won't be disappointed.
Old Yesterday, 02:40 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Haven't been to a post-lockdown gig yet but have tickets for Foals, Confidence Man, Slow Readers Club, The War on Drugs, CHVRCHES & Public Service Broadcasting...
Old Yesterday, 02:58 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Going to Isle of Wight festival tomorrow in the name of work. The lineup for tomorrow is absolutely shocking.

In previous years I've done the Friday so I don't lose my weekend. So I now lose my weekend and no one I've much interest in seeing.

Last edited by Tomo; Yesterday at 03:02 PM.
Old Yesterday, 05:08 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
Going to Isle of Wight festival tomorrow in the name of work. The lineup for tomorrow is absolutely shocking.

In previous years I've done the Friday so I don't lose my weekend. So I now lose my weekend and no one I've much interest in seeing.
My daughter and her uni friends are there. The line-up on all days is shite. They don't really care - it's a taste of freedom for them. But £180 a ticket for the garbage that's on offer IS outrageous.
Old Yesterday, 05:41 PM
analyse this

bourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
My daughter and her uni friends are there. The line-up on all days is shite. They don't really care - it's a taste of freedom for them. But £180 a ticket for the garbage that's on offer IS outrageous.
My sons there on a stag, it's his first festival and he's disappointed with the line up and just hoping he can find a tent with a dj playing his kind of music
Old Yesterday, 08:05 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
I was at that too - it was actually April 1997, and was a warm-up gig before they supported Erasure later that month. 97 was also pretty much the first time H17 ever played live, despite having formed in 1981, as they always up to then said they didn't want to. Then when they did it, they loved it - Martyn said they were kicking themselves for not having done so earlier.

I like that H17 do the Travelogue version of BB, which I prefer, whereas THL do the other ("Fast") version.

I actually saw H17 on the same bill as THL once. It was one of those School Disco things in 2002 in Bournemouth. H17 were on first, then THL, then the headline - undoubtedly unworthy of the name and certainly not fit to lace either of their shoes - which was somehow Dr & The Medics with their one hit (which wasn't even their own).
I think the gig at Heaven was the fourth gig they had ever played.

As for Dr and The Medics, I saw them a few times, before and after their hit. Always good fun, pretty rocky/psychedelic/garage, never took themselves too seriously. Though I can imagine that on a school disco tour they may have downplayed that side of their live show. Don't know if it's available from the regular streaming places but an album called "Live at Alice in Wonderland - a Pretty Smart Way to Catch a Lobster" features artists from various bands that played at Alice in Wonderland in the mid eighties such as Dr & the M's, The Damned, The Cult, Motörhead all playing under various guises.

Last edited by Smoz; Yesterday at 08:20 PM.