Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 09-09-2021, 09:17 PM
Señor Coconut

Neil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil 154 View Post
This thread has gone very quiet over the past couple of months. That's a good buying signal to me. I'll rake up some of that discounted Bitcoin today.
My bitcoin is up 40% since my purchase 7 weeks ago. It will be up 100% in another 7 weeks, trust me
Old 09-09-2021, 09:28 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish finger View Post
So one week in and position is:

Bitcoin - 4.2%
Cardana - 15.3%
Ethereum - 5.9%

So after a couple of days of small rises the fall is relatively dramatic.

Over same period FTSE is down 1.15%.

Every time I have looked they are all up or all down. I am sure there might be some exceptions but is that generally how it is?

My investment was about the level of being disappointed if I lost it all but not a crisis.

So keeping an eye on downward trend and reckon I will bail if I lose more than a third.
Welcome to the roller coaster world of Cyrpto.

The in the last couple of days I have been up a load down a bit and now I'm up a bit. I just leave it and, like the crowdcube punts hope that when I decide to cash out its more than I put in.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 09-09-2021, 09:50 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Quote:
So one week in and position is:

Bitcoin - 4.2%
Cardana - 15.3%
Ethereum - 5.9%

So after a couple of days of small rises the fall is relatively dramatic.

Over same period FTSE is down 1.15%.

Every time I have looked they are all up or all down. I am sure there might be some exceptions but is that generally how it is?

My investment was about the level of being disappointed if I lost it all but not a crisis.

So keeping an eye on downward trend and reckon I will bail if I lose more than a third.
I wouldn't, the value jumps around like crazy. Try and keep yourself from checking the price (unless following markets trends and want to buy in more when cheap). You could easily start on a Monday down 30% and by the end of the week 20% up
Old 09-09-2021, 10:23 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Celebs pushing coins that have been the biggest movers... No commentary. Never shown any interest in them previously, and at a crucial time. Be careful.
Old 20-09-2021, 08:44 AM

fish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thanks for all the helpful advice.

I expected this to be a bit of a rollercoaster and volatile. But almost 3 weeks in it seems to be only in a slump.

The first few days were tiny gains of around 2%. Since then its been all downhill and I am now about 20% down.

Is it typical for a downward trend to be this big, this long? Or was my timing bad?
Old 20-09-2021, 08:54 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:

I expected this to be a bit of a rollercoaster and volatile. But almost 3 weeks in it seems to be only in a slump.

The first few days were tiny gains of around 2%. Since then its been all downhill and I am now about 20% down.

Is it typical for a downward trend to be this big, this long? Or was my timing bad?
Play the long game. It'll very likely rise again.

Breathin deep, breathin easy...

Didn’t vote for a Brexit.
Old 20-09-2021, 09:23 AM
Stick with Dowie. Oh dear

Wright+Bright came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWright+Bright came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWright+Bright came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWright+Bright came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWright+Bright came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWright+Bright came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWright+Bright came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWright+Bright came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWright+Bright came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWright+Bright came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWright+Bright came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

It's so volatile, and that's why I would never advise anyone to invest unless they can afford to lose the money, and want to play the long game.

In my experience this is pretty typical and not that bad (see prices from April to July this year for example).

For me, the only way to stay sane is not to check the prices regularly - I tend to take a look once a month.
Old 20-09-2021, 09:30 AM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil 154 View Post
My bitcoin is up 40% since my purchase 7 weeks ago. It will be up 100% in another 7 weeks, trust me
Haven't checked in to this thread for a while, could you tell the reason for such confidence?
Old 20-09-2021, 09:33 AM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Perhaps you should have looked at a chart of Bitcoin before investing. It has had 3 80%+ drawdowns. Don't listen to the idiots that will tell you this time is different.

Old 20-09-2021, 09:37 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
It will definitely go back up unless it doesn't. Might go to zero. Definitely one of those unless its somewhere between
Old 20-09-2021, 10:21 AM
Kentish Eagle

winners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

I made my first investments about 6 months ago, which was after 6 months of huge growth and low and behold the value fell about 50% over the next 3 months . It then saw steady increases and I actually got to roughly 10% up on my original stake before recent decreases as seen me about flat.

I diversified into many different ccy’s but they all seemed linked in terms of when one goes up, they all go up and vice versa so not sure if that’s a good thing or not. I’m intending on leaving my investment in there for the next few years.

As others have indicated, it’s a total gamble, so don’t put it what you
Cannot afford to lose.
Old 20-09-2021, 10:26 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger1 View Post
Haven't checked in to this thread for a while, could you tell the reason for such confidence?
He's like a kite dancing in a hurricane.
Old 20-09-2021, 11:25 AM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
It will definitely go back up unless it doesn't. Might go to zero. Definitely one of those unless its somewhere between
And it'll all happen tomorrow, or the next day....or maybe next week...or next month, or perhaps next year, or the year after, or sometime after that, or of course it might not.

If you just ask Amazon or Google or Apple or Tesla if they're planning to say something positive about it, such as taking payment in Bitcoin, ask them to let you know when, then invest the day before. Simple. I suspect Elon Musk is busy buying right now and will then say something again soon to double his money.
Old 20-09-2021, 04:17 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
He's like a kite dancing in a hurricane.
I recon he is Russ with a new user name

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 20-09-2021, 04:37 PM

fish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger1 View Post
Perhaps you should have looked at a chart of Bitcoin before investing. It has had 3 80%+ drawdowns. Don't listen to the idiots that will tell you this time is different.

Wow. Some huge highs and massive lows there...
Indeed I didn't do any research. But that graph does make me feel better as the steepest of falls do bounce back over time. It almost looks like a 2 year cycle. If so, then 2021 being the next tall peak before falling away down to 2023

But as someone said I will turn off notifications and look once a month - famous last words.

Last edited by fish finger; 20-09-2021 at 04:40 PM.
Old 20-09-2021, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Wow. Some huge highs and massive lows there...
Indeed I didn't do any research. But that graph does make me feel better as the steepest of falls do bounce back over time. It almost looks like a 2 year cycle. If so, then 2021 being the next tall peak before falling away down to 2023

But as someone said I will turn off notifications and look once a month - famous last words.
I think there's a decent chance that this one won't. We are approaching the point where cash will start to look more attractive (higher interest rates) and things like Bitcoin with no income streams will get flattened. It's not impossible that Bitcoin and Crypto will bounce back but it will have nothing the new technology BS that is often spouted as the reason for buying it.
Old 20-09-2021, 05:03 PM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
I can’t see interest rates going up. UK debt is too high. They’ll try and brush inflation under the rug
Old 20-09-2021, 06:11 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Old 20-09-2021, 07:26 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
I see Microstrategy has bought another 13k bitcoins at a cost of $489m. Average price paid $37.6k. Based on today's price a paper loss of $78m.

They are truly betting the farm on this coming good.
Latest update is that they now hold 114.042 bitcoins at a total cost of US$3.16bn.

Since the recent high of US$52,900 just 2 weeks ago their value has dropped by over US$1bn.

Fortunately for the company the average price they paid for this giant holding is US$27,709 so they are still sitting on a paper profit of some US$1.8bn.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 20-09-2021, 08:03 PM
Señor Coconut

Neil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
Ever stopped to think why the BBC never had a good word to say about Bitcoin?