Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 27-05-2022, 02:58 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
Yeah but they’ve doubled up their thought and prayers so that’s ok.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
it almost feels like they are taking the piss.
Old 27-05-2022, 03:16 PM
Not Tommy Robinson's Dad

hong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is here

Old 27-05-2022, 03:52 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hong_kong_hg View Post
(I know it's The Onion)

One bloke had a bomb in his shoe and airline security changed worldwide overnight.

Still, I bet there are Americans using their First Amendment right to free speech to insist you can't change the Constitution to remove their Second Amendment right to bear arms.
Old 27-05-2022, 06:16 PM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
18 - old enough to buy two AR-style rifles and ammunition

18 - not old enough to buy a pint
In Texas there's no age limit afaik, and definitely no age limit for "long guns" bought from unlicensed dealers at gun fairs.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 27-05-2022, 06:30 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
In Texas there's no age limit afaik, and definitely no age limit for "long guns" bought from unlicensed dealers at gun fairs.
I’m not sure you’re right Pete, from their legislation:-

(2) intentionally or knowingly sells, rents, leases, or gives or offers to sell, rent, lease, or give to any child younger than 18 years of age any firearm, club, or location-restricted knife;

Old 27-05-2022, 06:33 PM
Not Tommy Robinson's Dad

hong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post

I mean, sure, gun control laws would do absolutely nothing to prevent unfortunate gun massacres, yet both the Buffalo and Uvalde mass murderers waited until their 18th birthdays to legally buy AR-15s. It's just, you know, a totally weird coincidence.
Old 27-05-2022, 06:48 PM
Not Tommy Robinson's Dad

Here's To view the link you have to Register or Login laying out what To view the link you have to Register or Login about the GOP's worldview: The purpose of government (i.e. the GOP) is to defend "families and values" (the natural order of things i.e. white men on top) against the enemy of "wokeness" and "CRT", that is the flattening of hierarchies in the name of democracy, equality, liberty and justice for all. When he says these democratic values are to blame for the mass murder event he means literally the shooter was forced to murder because of the clear and present threat to white supremacy.

Old 27-05-2022, 07:07 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I should probably post this in the Trump thread, but here seems as good.

We were in The Bahamas the last week (Sorry Selhurst Celtic) and a very high percentage of the guest at the resort were from the "South", i.e. Georgia, Texas, Carolina's, Mississippi etc.. The arrogance and social retardness of many of these folks was palatable. They wear their "Southerness" as a badge of honor, and woe betide anyone who questions their beliefs. My wife had one particular run-in with a guy from Georgia over COVID and Dr. Fauci, and he was a bloody pilot!

We got some snide comments when saying we came from California (see COVID denier above), and were talking to a couple from Long Island New York who told us when the told some people they were from New York the people walked off and wouldn't talk to them.

We were really getting the feeling it is becoming us against them, and question where this is going.

As recent history has shown, California and New York are not exempt from mass shootings, but as gun wielding states we are not in the same league as those states in the South.
Old 27-05-2022, 07:12 PM
Not Tommy Robinson's Dad

Enlightening, if sad, insight Bob.
Old 27-05-2022, 07:17 PM
Genius

joyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post

We were in The Bahamas the last week (Sorry Selhurst Celtic) and a very high percentage of the guest at the resort were from the "South", i.e. Georgia, Texas, Carolina's, Mississippi etc.. The arrogance and social retardness of many of these folks was palatable. They wear their "Southerness" as a badge of honor, and wow be tide anyone who questions their beliefs. My wife had one particular run-in with a guy from Georgia over COVID and Dr. Fauci, and he was a bloody pilot!

We got some snide comments when saying we came from California (see COVID denier above), and were talking to a couple from Long Island New York who told us when the told some people they were from New York the people walked off and wouldn't talk to them.

We were really getting the feeling it is becoming us against them, and question where this is going.

As recent history has shown, California and New York are not exempt from mass shootings, but as gun wielding states we are not in the same league as those states in the South.
Blimey.

After thirty years living here I really want to leave. I loved America when I was growing up; I teach American literature; I love American comedy, and films, and music (jazz in particular). Almost all my friends are American. And yet, as I get older, I become more and more afraid that I'm living in some modern-day version of Germany in the early 1930s. Maybe I am being completely alarmist. New England doesn't feel very different from how it used to feel. But the country as a whole seems like it's heading toward a very dark place.
Old 27-05-2022, 07:45 PM
Not Tommy Robinson's Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyce the voice View Post
Blimey.

After thirty years living here I really want to leave. I loved America when I was growing up; I teach American literature; I love American comedy, and films, and music (jazz in particular). Almost all my friends are American. And yet, as I get older, I become more and more afraid that I'm living in some modern-day version of Germany in the early 1930s. Maybe I am being completely alarmist. New England doesn't feel very different from how it used to feel. But the country as a whole seems like it's heading toward a very dark place.
Also very sad but enlightening insight, thank you.
Old 27-05-2022, 07:52 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyce the voice View Post
Blimey.

Understandable. Sadly the UK, or rather Royal Brexitia as it is now, is little better and we no longer have the right, unlike Johnson's Dad and Farage's kids, to take refuge in 27 other European countries.
Old 27-05-2022, 07:52 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:

We were in The Bahamas the last week (Sorry Selhurst Celtic) and a very high percentage of the guest at the resort were from the "South", i.e. Georgia, Texas, Carolina's, Mississippi etc.. The arrogance and social retardness of many of these folks was palatable. They wear their "Southerness" as a badge of honor, and wow be tide anyone who questions their beliefs. My wife had one particular run-in with a guy from Georgia over COVID and Dr. Fauci, and he was a bloody pilot!

Can California ban guns on it’s own?
Old 27-05-2022, 07:57 PM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:

I live in the Carolina's and you won't find many places without small minded views. Luckily, there are quite a few people not like that, but then there are a lot who are. Most people I get on with around here are usually from somewhere else!
Old 27-05-2022, 08:09 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Well, a state would never be able to ban guns outright as that would go straight to the Supreme Court and even if it was a bunch of Biden appointees would get shut down. But California (along with Hawaii) have the strictest gun laws.
Old 27-05-2022, 08:46 PM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Butter View Post
Well, a state would never be able to ban guns outright as that would go straight to the Supreme Court and even if it was a bunch of Biden appointees would get shut down. But California (along with Hawaii) have the strictest gun laws.
Guns used to be illegal is Washington DC but the Supreme Court overturned that ban.
Old 27-05-2022, 08:56 PM

wavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
Guns used to be illegal is Washington DC but the Supreme Court overturned that ban.
Indeed even in liberal states the direction of gun control is in the wrong direction. Sometime this summer New York is likely to relax its gun laws rather than tighten them thanks to the Supreme Court…

Old 27-05-2022, 09:21 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
I'll have to try and find the details, but recently California tried to bring in some additional stricter laws about gun ownership, and the California Supreme Court (not the top guys) overturned it.
Old 27-05-2022, 09:31 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
The problem now would be any US state with even a whiff of a gun sales ban would drive gun sales up 10 fold

Will already take decades of gun amnesties to remove the current weapons
Old 27-05-2022, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS78 View Post
The problem now would be any US state with even a whiff of a gun sales ban would drive gun sales up 10 fold

Will already take decades of gun amnesties to remove the current weapons
There is no desire for an amnesty. The best we can hope for is a ban, restriction or vetting on assault weapons.