Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 23-11-2022, 06:07 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
The reputations of the celebrity influencers needs to be shredded too. Who the f would buy one of the tokens just because it is recommended by some American reality TV so called star?
Kids

This is all a pyramid scheme and it's interesting how a certain person used to post stuff like this, but doesn't seem to do that so much these days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ??? View Post
20% increase since I bought two weeks ago. Guess I got lucky.
Old 24-11-2022, 12:05 AM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random* View Post
True.

You own the token on the blockchain that contains a URL* that points to the picture. That means that whoever hosts the picture at that URL can swap it for another picture, you just have to name it the same. Or that company can go bust and your picture disappears entirely.

So your decentralised asset is actually controlled... centrally.

* Technically the token points to a metadata 'contract', which in turn points to the URL. In an ideal situation the contract is hosted on a peer to peer file sharing system so the contract itself is non-fungible, but that's not always the case!
So you pay all those thousands for a "C++ pointer". What a waste.
Old 24-11-2022, 12:06 AM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil 154 View Post
In most parts of the world local currencies are mistrusted and often not used in preference for dollars or other mediums of exchange. In many parts of Africa phone top-up cards are the currency amongst ordinary citizens. They are routinely used to making currency conversions whenever they go shopping. I don’t argue that this is an ideal situation , but for them it is a small step to adopting Bitcoin.
You don't half come out with some shit
Old 24-11-2022, 12:08 AM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
El Salvador is the place to be with the President using the country’s limited foreign reserves to buy bitcoin. Having declared bitcoin legal tender last year the President was on a roll as the bitcoin price peaked. Since then he has tweeted buying the dip and currently his plan is to buy one bitcoin a day.

Previously it was estimated the average cost of their holding was c$45k, so a current loss of two thirds.
Neil154 is president of El Salvador?
Old 24-11-2022, 12:19 AM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
The legitimate technologies here are well funded blockchain projects with the best developers in the industry.

I suspect if something better doesn't come along then it'll come from the tech being made by these.

Ignore 99% of them. Pump and dump shite. But the real tech we are seeing is mostly pre production code. Still very much a work in progress before its ready for commercial use.

My personal dark horse nano for example, has been around for years. However they are just about to release v24 and its the first time they've hinted at a commercial ready technology. Iota is even more in its infancy despite being around for years.

Bitcoin was the pioneer. The grandfather of crypto but its basically obsolete compared to other techs now. This cull will see most fall hopefully. Bitcoin may survive based more on its name than its tech but the shadow of dodgy deals, pump and dump, shady exchanges and environmental destruction might finally clear for these newer techs.

Please explain to us how a more complex codebase makes for a better coin? Most people don't look at the bug report to find out if they should pump actual cash into it. From what i can see it's just what developers do.

1. Have an idea
2. Hack a prototype
3. Use 'Agile' in order to avoid doing it properly
4. Invest a lot of company wages on it as it grows
5. Find out its limitations
6. Convince the managers to rip it up and start again
7. Rinse and repeat, we all got paid, some stuff still worked.

What sets these "best developers in the World" apart from the previous 'geniuses' who are now disappearing or appearing before courts now that their shit has been found out?

It's simple. The price is totally driven by greed and FOMO, that's the only reason for seeing such bizarre fluctuations. Diamond hands my arse.
Old 24-11-2022, 04:37 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Please explain to us how a more complex codebase makes for a better coin? Most people don't look at the bug report to find out if they should pump actual cash into it. From what i can see it's just what developers do.

1. Have an idea
2. Hack a prototype
3. Use 'Agile' in order to avoid doing it properly
4. Invest a lot of company wages on it as it grows
5. Find out its limitations
6. Convince the managers to rip it up and start again
7. Rinse and repeat, we all got paid, some stuff still worked.

What sets these "best developers in the World" apart from the previous 'geniuses' who are now disappearing or appearing before courts now that their shit has been found out?

It's simple. The price is totally driven by greed and FOMO, that's the only reason for seeing such bizarre fluctuations. Diamond hands my arse.
Feel free to do your research on the pros and cons of complex code. You can't generalise and answer to that. There are thousands of examples when it should be kept simple. Simple is the goal of devs! However so is better and code evolves which is why you get more complex code. As good as collaboration is it needs to be coordinated well to keep it clean.

You have some idea clearly but the "coin" really is not the point unless it is actually a crypto currency. A fiat alternative type project. Those will ultimately be aiming for stability. In that example as you asked the complex code will be making it fast, feelers, scalable, environmentally friendly (the biggie for me), safe from errors and hacking etc, adaptable enough to work with existing systems and new. That's not simple code. 99% of those that claim to be this shit are bs.

I enjoyed your take on agile. When my industry got smashed by covid I went to plan B. Ended up as a technology consultant at a rather large company. I was in effect and apprentice and did not work on blockchain but I've got an idea. They had a hard on for agile/devops.

It is a good idea but not suited to every project and feels like is being forced upon them. A minimum viable product is cool for a cutting edge, highly evolving technology that will change a lot through its development. Imo is shouldn't be employed on things like games. Half finished, buggy and xrap kills the player base before it's working. They are much better to the old style waterfall type system where you know what you want and you plod away with little change until you've got it finished.

In terms of crypto yes. The value, pump dump etc is all about fomo. Of course it is. I'm only in nano to make a load of money if I can. But its not an investment, its a gamble. Taking a punt ot a slightly educated lottery ticket. There are some super geeks "in it for the tech" but most are driven by greed.

I'm backing a dark horse with a small flutter that could roll in big time. I know a bit about it and have chosen mine. The coins mean very little, just money making to induce ppl into making transactions and ahit and provide developers a fund. Most of them are scams cashing in on fomo, a select few are not.
Old 24-11-2022, 10:22 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil 154 View Post
Ironically FTX was a regulated exchange. Prosecutors at the US Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York had been investigating FTX for months before its collapse. Just goes to show how ineffective the regulators actually are .
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Looking a bit more closely it would appear that certain parts of FTX were under some sort of regulatory control via small investments in other companies.

Even a regulator has to take things step by step and it can be a difficult process proving outright fraud.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 24-11-2022, 03:56 PM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Feel free to do your research on the pros and cons of complex code. You can't generalise and answer to that. There are thousands of examples when it should be kept simple. Simple is the goal of devs! However so is better and code evolves which is why you get more complex code. As good as collaboration is it needs to be coordinated well to keep it clean.

You have some idea clearly but the "coin" really is not the point unless it is actually a crypto currency. A fiat alternative type project. Those will ultimately be aiming for stability. In that example as you asked the complex code will be making it fast, feelers, scalable, environmentally friendly (the biggie for me), safe from errors and hacking etc, adaptable enough to work with existing systems and new. That's not simple code. 99% of those that claim to be this shit are bs.

I enjoyed your take on agile. When my industry got smashed by covid I went to plan B. Ended up as a technology consultant at a rather large company. I was in effect and apprentice and did not work on blockchain but I've got an idea. They had a hard on for agile/devops.

It is a good idea but not suited to every project and feels like is being forced upon them. A minimum viable product is cool for a cutting edge, highly evolving technology that will change a lot through its development. Imo is shouldn't be employed on things like games. Half finished, buggy and xrap kills the player base before it's working. They are much better to the old style waterfall type system where you know what you want and you plod away with little change until you've got it finished.

In terms of crypto yes. The value, pump dump etc is all about fomo. Of course it is. I'm only in nano to make a load of money if I can. But its not an investment, its a gamble. Taking a punt ot a slightly educated lottery ticket. There are some super geeks "in it for the tech" but most are driven by greed.

I'm backing a dark horse with a small flutter that could roll in big time. I know a bit about it and have chosen mine. The coins mean very little, just money making to induce ppl into making transactions and ahit and provide developers a fund. Most of them are scams cashing in on fomo, a select few are not.
I'm going to cynical on this because I've worked 25 years in software, development, testing, project management. Cynical, but correct.

PS, my real take on agile methods is that they are written by developers for developers. They are only interested in the code writing part.
Old 29-11-2022, 12:40 AM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Another opportunity has arisen for Neil to buy buy buy

Quote:
Crypto firm BlockFi files for bankruptcy after FTX collapse
Old 29-11-2022, 12:48 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_uk View Post
I'd say the the exact opposite!

Bitcoins will continue to get bigger and bigger, Even buying at $200/BTC is a worthwhile investment! There gonna hit EASILY $400+ at some point his year, probably MUCH more.

I no longer have the funds to do any major investing in crypto currencies but I still dabble a little. Litecoin (LTE) Will be the next big one IMHO - I've already doubled my money in the space on a week with these

If you get he chance to buy even a single Bitcoin I say buy, buy, buy! If you've got a half a brain there's no way you'll lose money.
Here was the reel in.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 29-11-2022, 01:17 AM
Since '67

ozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is here
It's not looking good and I'm well down now, however my fomo bet is still well and truly on this supposed 4 year cycle. I stopped doing lotto and changed over to this and saw it as a possible better option...at least half my money is still there.

Last edited by ozzieEagle; 29-11-2022 at 02:23 AM.
Old 29-11-2022, 08:16 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzieEagle View Post
It's not looking good and I'm well down now, however my fomo bet is still well and truly on this supposed 4 year cycle. I stopped doing lotto and changed over to this and saw it as a possible better option...at least half my money is still there.

Love it Oz. Comparing Bitcoin to the lottery in terms of investment.
Old 29-11-2022, 12:55 PM
Since '67

ozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post

Yes well Premium bonds regularly get mentioned, so go a couple of steps further and there's your bitcoin.
Old 29-11-2022, 03:44 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post

He might not be looking at is an investment though...

If you view it as a gamble (which is the right way of looking at this), then it's no issue.
And if he's written the money off and it comes back up in a couple of years time then good on him.
Old 29-11-2022, 04:10 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
I’d very happily stick a ton on some form of crypto but I wouldn’t know where to start.

I’m £150 up on my Skybet account so why not?

Cricket wanker.
Old 30-11-2022, 03:25 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
I’d very happily stick a ton on some form of crypto but I wouldn’t know where to start.

I’m £150 up on my Skybet account so why not?
Give it me and I will look after it, I will even send pics of it every month
Old 30-11-2022, 03:40 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
Give it me and I will look after it, I will even send pics of it every month
We gonna have to meet up for a pint soon anyway Razor. I’ll hand it over in person.

Cricket wanker.
Old 30-11-2022, 03:50 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
We gonna have to meet up for a pint soon anyway Razor. I’ll hand it over in person.
Kerching….sorry yes a pint I agree
Old 01-12-2022, 08:56 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
I wonder if this dickhead will be treated like the bankers in 2008 and avoid jail? I hope not.

Old 01-12-2022, 09:06 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
I wonder if this dickhead will be treated like the bankers in 2008 and avoid jail? I hope not.

I wonder if he will be rewarded for years on end afterwards as much as the bankers?