Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 22-01-2019, 02:30 PM
Reformed Alcoholic!!

Location: Just off Pippins Bridge, very near to the town of Biffon!
Glaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This is the full 2:35 version.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Drebin, posing as a locksmith, enters a man's office and is greeted by the resident with …. "Who are you and how did you get in here?" to which Drebin replies, "I'm a locksmith ... and I'm a locksmith."
Old 23-01-2019, 01:11 PM
Banned by Moderators

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
Our roast was always before and I wasn’t allowed down from the table till I’d eaten my dinner, the frustration of having to eat ‘orrible greens and parsnips knowing the big match was about to start. My dad was a git, he’d put the TV on so I could hear the theme tune from the kitchen

I'm trying to think what time TBM used to be on. We might well have had sunday dinner before too. I tried googling the show's time but no luck.
Also, don't ever slag parsnips off again please.
Old 23-01-2019, 04:05 PM
Banned by Moderators

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glaws Eagle View Post
This is the full 2:35 version.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
I always loved that save by the keeper on 0:33 of that video.
Like something out of Roy Of The Rovers.
Old 23-01-2019, 04:10 PM
Banned by Moderators

Old 23-01-2019, 06:04 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
Always reminds me of our sunday roast which I'm sure we had after The Big Match.
Our dining room & lounge were knocked through to make one bigger room.

The TV faced the lounge part most of the time, except when Mum yelled 'Sunday dinner, turn the TV round'! from the kitchen. I was then tasked with turning the TV cabinet (on wheels) round so it faced the dining room part so we could watch The Big Match whilst eating dinner.

Sometimes Sunday dinner was ready a bit early so we had to watch the end of 'Out of Town' featuring Jack Hargreaves before it was Brian Moore's turn to guide us through Ian Evans' commanding performance for Palace vs Grimsby the previous afternoon...
Old 23-01-2019, 06:26 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Our dining room & lounge were knocked through to make one bigger room.

The TV faced the lounge part most of the time, except when Mum yelled 'Sunday dinner, turn the TV round'! from the kitchen. I was then tasked with turning the TV cabinet (on wheels) round so it faced the dining room part so we could watch The Big Match whilst eating dinner.

Sometimes Sunday dinner was ready a bit early so we had to watch the end of 'Out of Town' featuring Jack Hargreaves before it was Brian Moore's turn to guide us through Ian Evans' commanding performance for Palace vs Grimsby the previous afternoon...
Same here. It was the style of Fort Neef at the time.
I know Catweazle and University Challenge were always the build up to The Big Match.
Old 24-01-2019, 08:15 PM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post

I'm trying to think what time TBM used to be on. We might well have had sunday dinner before too. I tried googling the show's time but no luck.
Also, don't ever slag parsnips off again please.
For the record, I actually like parsnips now

I can’t remember the exact time either, but I do remember when I was really young ‘The Persuaders’ was always on straight after it
Old 07-02-2019, 06:53 AM

tony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Big Match was on at 2pm. Please see attachment on April 17 1971. The games on were not advertised before hand. This ones main match was Palace 3 Man Utd 5. Those of us will remember that game!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tv 1971.jpg (1.31 MB, 56 views)
Old 07-02-2019, 07:02 AM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony 1947 View Post
The Big Match was on at 2pm. Please see attachment on April 17 1971. The games on were not advertised before hand. This ones main match was Palace 3 Man Utd 5. Those of us will remember that game!
So we would've been eating our sunday dinner then.
Thanks.
Old 07-02-2019, 08:26 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Police 5 with Shaw Taylor was the usual warm up act if I recall...keep 'em peeled.
Old 07-02-2019, 12:11 PM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
The Golden Shot was on later I see!! those were the days
Old 07-02-2019, 12:13 PM

Purepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
The Golden Shot was on later I see!! those were the days
Bernie the bolt.
Old 07-02-2019, 12:22 PM
Made in Bromley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purepalace View Post
Bernie the bolt.
That’s the one All I really remember was the contestants firing a crossbow at apples and balloons?? Or something like that
Old 07-02-2019, 12:23 PM

Purepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
That’s the one All I really remember was the contestants firing a crossbow at apples and balloons?? Or something like that
Left a bit, right a bit fire! And Annie Ashton I think?
Old 17-03-2019, 04:31 PM
Made in Bromley

The 78/79 season is doing the rounds again on BT Sport this week, I didn’t notice us on any of them that are showing so far, but I did notice Orient v Brighton and Newcastle v Brighton at the business end which obviously affected us.
Old 17-03-2019, 04:35 PM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purepalace View Post
Bernie the bolt.
If you managed to shoot the apple and release the coins you won 100 guineas
Old 17-03-2019, 05:03 PM

bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Quote:
The 78/79 season is doing the rounds again on BT Sport this week, I didn’t notice us on any of them that are showing so far, but I did notice Orient v Brighton and Newcastle v Brighton at the business end which obviously affected us.
Notts County game scheduled for 4pm next Sunday on BTSport3
Old 17-03-2019, 05:08 PM
Made in Bromley

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestperch View Post
Notts County game scheduled for 4pm next Sunday on BTSport3
Good man just popped up on the planner, always worth another look
Old 18-03-2019, 04:27 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
I was at that match. If I remember correctly, we went 2-0 up. And then the sky fell in.
Old 18-03-2019, 04:37 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
I was at that match. If I remember correctly, we went 2-0 up. And then the sky fell in.
Yes 2-0 up after 30 mins or so.. we were all over them.. then for the next hour they took us apart and they went 5-2 up.. only for us to batter them in the final 15 mins, and get one back, when in truth it should have been more.. It is a game that stands in my memory more than many and and though we lost Ii came out of the ground as a 10 year old very proud of the team.