Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 10-08-2021, 04:11 PM
Back writing about Palace

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just catching up with the last couple of pages of the I need to start watching these. What day/time of the week is this on?

Seeing these comments is taking me back to my very earliest Palace memories. Well before I ever started actually going to games but remember that Nicholas 1-0 win V Man United, shortly before I got my first Palace scarf and bobble hat for my birthday.
Old 10-08-2021, 04:50 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
I saw one of these last night at about 6pm, must have been ITV4.
They had Liverpool v Man City in front of a crowd of 55k at Anfield.

Bear in mind that's what it holds now almost double the size on 3 sides of the ground, it shows how much the terraces were packed in!

The Kop literally had no visible walkways and it was a solid mass of bodies!
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 10-08-2021, 05:42 PM

Stats74 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStats74 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStats74 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStats74 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStats74 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStats74 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStats74 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStats74 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStats74 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStats74 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStats74 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
Just catching up with the last couple of pages of the I need to start watching these. What day/time of the week is this on?

Seeing these comments is taking me back to my very earliest Palace memories. Well before I ever started actually going to games but remember that Nicholas 1-0 win V Man United, shortly before I got my first Palace scarf and bobble hat for my birthday.
It's Saturday at 10.30am on ITV4.
Should be able to pick up the 79-80 season on the ITV Hub.
Old 10-08-2021, 09:16 PM

Polak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
They're starting on 1980/81 on Saturday. Oh dear. I can't remember whether our opening day defeat at Anfield was on MOTD or The Big Match.
Old 10-08-2021, 09:34 PM

Sleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polak View Post
They're starting on 1980/81 on Saturday. Oh dear. I can't remember whether our opening day defeat at Anfield was on MOTD or The Big Match.
ITV
Old 10-08-2021, 10:31 PM

CPFC_ARMY has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperCPFC_ARMY has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperCPFC_ARMY has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperCPFC_ARMY has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperCPFC_ARMY has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperCPFC_ARMY has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperCPFC_ARMY has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperCPFC_ARMY has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperCPFC_ARMY has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperCPFC_ARMY has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperCPFC_ARMY has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipper
If you sign up to the ITV Hub you can watch previous episodes on demand - all free just have to sit through a few commercials that you can't skip.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ITV-Hub.jpg (581.6 KB, 23 views)
Old 10-08-2021, 11:18 PM

Polak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping Giant View Post
ITV
Thanks. Ah bollocks, they'll be showing that then. I remember that it was shown in the evening as opposed to Sunday afternoon but that was one of the years when The Big Match and MOTD swapped slots so The Big Match was in the evening.
Old 10-08-2021, 11:28 PM
Fading into memory.

E.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polak View Post
Thanks. Ah bollocks, they'll be showing that then. I remember that it was shown in the evening as opposed to Sunday afternoon but that was one of the years when The Big Match and MOTD swapped slots so The Big Match was in the evening.
The Big Match in the evening and MOTD the following afternoon never felt right!
Old 10-08-2021, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.X Moontoad View Post
Especially as MOTD was on at around 5pm which was definitely too late after growing up watching The Big Match at 2:30pm
Old 11-08-2021, 11:21 AM

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.X Moontoad View Post
Interesting. That always felt the right way for me.

I guess my first year watching (1980-81) was one of those years.
Old 11-08-2021, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats74 View Post
It's Saturday at 10.30am on ITV4.
Should be able to pick up the 79-80 season on the ITV Hub.
Nice one

Want to see that Palace 0 United 2 game from 1980. That was the very first match I ever watched on telly - will be interesting to see it again
Old 11-08-2021, 11:34 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
Interesting. That always felt the right way for me.

I guess my first year watching (1980-81) was one of those years.
Absolutely not! Sunday lunch, Shaw Taylor's Police 5 ('keep 'em peeled') and then settling down to The Big Match was the natural order of things. After which it was outside with a football my mate from down the road to recreate those key moments...in full replica Admiral sash!
Old 11-08-2021, 11:57 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Also, turn over to see Brian Walden shrouded in darkness at the end of Weekend World, before the brilliant end credit music which at the time I thought he wrote
Old 11-08-2021, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
Absolutely not! Sunday lunch, Shaw Taylor's Police 5 ('keep 'em peeled') and then settling down to The Big Match !
Well, there was that I guess
Old 11-08-2021, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
Also, turn over to see Brian Walden shrouded in darkness at the end of Weekend World, before the brilliant end credit music which at the time I thought he wrote
Great post.

Walden's scary, stern face and voice, that iconic music, mixed with the gravy and meat smell emanating from the kitchen, with the Grumbleweeds playing on the radio in the next room.
Old 12-08-2021, 12:32 AM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post

That was Mountain's Nantucket Sleighride.

Brilliant stuff and so little rock music on the telly in those days it was good to watch a current affairs programme!

Old 27-08-2021, 05:37 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Today at 5.55 on ITV4 it's the Division 3 match between Palace vs Charlton from November 1974.
Old 27-08-2021, 05:45 PM

wrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is here
Think Malcolm Allison in studio for this one
Old 27-08-2021, 08:05 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
He was indeed. Bright, cheerful and positive as usual.

Match was enjoyable though not as memorable to the titanic struggle against Tooting on the Wednesday afternoon earlier in the week.

Disappointing to look up the final table and see the Clowns won promotion in 3rd place.
Old 30-08-2021, 10:43 AM

Danny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is here
Today at 11:15 ITV 4. 1974, Div3.

Palace v Charlton.