Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 05-10-2021, 08:55 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Brian Moore lived in Farnborough Park I believe. I recall him being asked once and he said he was a Gillingham supporter. My recollection could be wrong on the last bit.
You are correct on both points. Definitely had Gillingham affiliations.
Old 05-10-2021, 09:03 PM

Polak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This Saturday at 10:30 is from 1st November 1980. The info on Virgin says its Aston Villa v Coventry but that's also the day we beat Moan Utd with a Perer Nicholas goal so worth a view.
Tuesday 12 October is from 29 March 1980 again against Moan Utd. Unfortunately we lost that one.
Wednesday 13 October is from 5 April 1980 against the weed. Might want to give that one a swerve.
Saturday 15 October is allegedly from 15 December 1979 but the match advertised is our last home game of the season v Liverpool. They have shown this previously with the erroneous date.
Old 05-10-2021, 09:05 PM

Polak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgess hill 84 View Post
On Again this Saturday morning, our 1-0 win at home to Man Utd.
We love you Ernie, we do.....
Sorry, just seen this.
Old 05-10-2021, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
You are correct on both points. Definitely had Gillingham affiliations.
Gillingham had a fanzine called Brian Moore's Head Looks Uncannily Like London Planetarium
Old 06-10-2021, 12:30 PM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Brian Moore lived in Farnborough Park I believe. I recall him being asked once and he said he was a Gillingham supporter. My recollection could be wrong on the last bit.
He did indeed, when I played football for Petts Wood later on in the 80’s, his son Simon was our goalkeeper for short spell
Old 06-10-2021, 12:48 PM

Gazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polak View Post
Gillingham had a fanzine called Brian Moore's Head Looks Uncannily Like London Planetarium
Which I think was a line taken from a Half Man, Half Biscuit song.

Back in mid 80s, a mate of mine was a big Gills fan and wrote a couple of articles for that fanzine. He had also just taken up amateur referring. Years later, I noticed he was the linesman in a Gills game broadcast live on Sky and was definitely favouring the Gills!
Old 06-10-2021, 12:59 PM

hilairehair came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethilairehair came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethilairehair came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethilairehair came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethilairehair came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethilairehair came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethilairehair came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethilairehair came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethilairehair came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethilairehair came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethilairehair came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza2 View Post
Which I think was a line taken from a Half Man, Half Biscuit song.
Dickie Davies Eyes.
Old 06-10-2021, 01:01 PM

burgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
Thanks!!

Considering how bad a season we had, we were on the big match a lot. Although it feels quite sad watching it now as the team of the 80’s were gradually drifting away, no sansom, swindlehurst or burridge at this point, but I remember strangely enjoying that season, and I liked Clive Allen The enthusiasm of youth I suppose and that Adidas kit still gives me orgasms, especially the sky blue away one
That kit was amazing, never ever been bettered.
Old 06-10-2021, 01:04 PM

burgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polak View Post
This Saturday at 10:30 is from 1st November 1980. The info on Virgin says its Aston Villa v Coventry but that's also the day we beat Moan Utd with a Perer Nicholas goal so worth a view.
Tuesday 12 October is from 29 March 1980 again against Moan Utd. Unfortunately we lost that one.
Wednesday 13 October is from 5 April 1980 against the weed. Might want to give that one a swerve.
Saturday 15 October is allegedly from 15 December 1979 but the match advertised is our last home game of the season v Liverpool. They have shown this previously with the erroneous date.
We are the 2nd game on after, Aston Villa v Coventry.
Old 06-10-2021, 05:02 PM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgess hill 84 View Post
That kit was amazing, never ever been bettered.
I agree, the Hummel versions, especially the red away one came close though a few years later
Old 07-10-2021, 08:44 AM

Quote:
I agree, the Hummel versions, especially the red away one came close though a few years later
I even liked the Red, White and black Adidas kit from 83/84 season. Very Man Utd.
Old 08-10-2021, 01:27 PM

eltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
He was a director at the Priestfield.
Old 09-10-2021, 03:08 PM
Made in Bromley

Watching the game v Man U I just couldn’t help thinking little did we know, five years later Sir Steve would end up our manager.
My only regret with these old games, is we used to stand under the TV stand back then so I can never try and pick us out in the crowd
Old 09-10-2021, 03:29 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Watching the game v Man U I just couldn’t help thinking little did we know, five years later Sir Steve would end up our manager.
My only regret with these old games, is we used to stand under the TV stand back then so I can never try and pick us out in the crowd
Just watched it. The one thing that stood out for me was that, even though it was only 18 months after the Burnley game, we were without Burridge, Sansom, Kember, Swindles, Hilaire & Murphy. I appreciate the latter two were watching from the stands.
Old 09-10-2021, 04:51 PM
Made in Bromley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Just watched it. The one thing that stood out for me was that, even though it was only 18 months after the Burnley game, we were without Burridge, Sansom, Kember, Swindles, Hilaire & Murphy. I appreciate the latter two were watching from the stands.
I know you can’t argue about the decision because we won the game, but hard to believe Hilaire and Murphy being dropped.
Old 09-10-2021, 05:12 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I know you can’t argue about the decision because we won the game, but hard to believe Hilaire and Murphy being dropped.
Especially for Lovell & Smilie
Old 09-10-2021, 05:44 PM
Made in Bromley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Especially for Lovell & Smilie
And what with Fenwick at left back, Man U must have been bad that day
Old 10-10-2021, 11:47 PM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is here
Quote:
And Clive Allen

Presumably that was Ernie Whalley's last victory
Old 11-10-2021, 10:33 AM

eltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Hart View Post
And Clive Allen

Presumably that was Ernie Whalley's last victory
Yes.

It only dawned on me the other day that he was our most successful manager out of 4 that season.
Old 11-10-2021, 01:26 PM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltron View Post
Yes.

It only dawned on me the other day that he was our most successful manager out of 4 that season.
It was a very low bar.......