Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-09-2021, 09:24 PM
COYP!

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
Absolutely.

Also great to hear the fans appreciation of his performance, it was brilliant to hear Ďheís just too good for youí justifiably ringing round the ground again.
Yep it's been too long..love the performance from him yesterday.
Hey how about the club could invent a little plastic card that you could have in your wallet to access games and maybe it could even come in a little wallet of its own, now that would be really convenient .... just a thought !
Old 12-09-2021, 10:16 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurePalace4E4 View Post
If we are in the right position in the league come Christmas, I can see him committing the next four years to the club. Arsenal are a basket case; he's the wrong age for a move to a 'big club' now. He can have the best years of his life at the club and go out a hero forever as the best player in our history and rightly remembered as a true Palace legend.

If you are happy with the play-style, playing well, scoring, getting involved in games, enjoying being an elder-statesman in the squad and have the adulation of the crowd behind you once again, I'm almost 100% certain that he'll commit to us in this scenario.

And what a magical thing that would be.
He wants to play in Europe or win things.

We need to show some ambition this year in the cup and continue to improve before we start thinking heíll commit to us.
Old 12-09-2021, 10:24 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Wilf wants to be loved.

There's the look of a team with depth where the emphasis will no longer be to give the ball to him and hope. He's had that pressure for long enough. I thought a couple of seasons ago that we might see him kick on but in fairness, I think that pressure limited him. These are potentially exciting times and with Selhurst fully and vocally back behind him, I think we may see him back to his dazzling best.

As to why we haven't seen him taking corners, I'm not convinced he would be that good with a dead ball.
Old 12-09-2021, 10:39 PM

Weed Killer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWeed Killer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWeed Killer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWeed Killer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWeed Killer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWeed Killer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWeed Killer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWeed Killer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWeed Killer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWeed Killer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWeed Killer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
Great interview, he seemed happy, positive and really determined. Good to see him like that, long may it continue
Yeah, looked like he was absolutely buzzing and wants more, I'm sure with this squad of players he'll get it.
Old 13-09-2021, 11:17 AM

Freddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila_17 View Post
I suppose that's one way you can interpret some comments, but it's pure conjecture and, frankly, I don't really understand why reading into a player's comments about the release of some of his frustrations should make anyone think it is a dig at Roy or anyone else for that matter.

Wilf may be a stunning footballer but he's hardly the most articulate person on the planet and, in the sense of speaking from his heart, he seems to me to be far more honest than someone who blames someone else's contribution to our longest stay in the top flight in our history for his frustrations.

I'd suggest that those comments are just him mouthing his own relief at finally having a new approach, system and team mates which liberate him rather than him "having a dig".

After all what, exactly, has he got to gain from "having a dig" at Roy?
The answer is of course, exactly... nothing.
Excellent post.
Old 20-09-2021, 01:01 PM

jmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Great interview on TalkSport with Wilf from last night here, interview starts at 7pm:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Some people think he doesn't care about the club. Those people are idiots.
Old 20-09-2021, 01:33 PM
The hero of Shadow Moses?

Levski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Excellent stuff, thanks for posting
Old 20-09-2021, 01:41 PM

Sydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Interesting listen.
Really don't understand why he isn't captain
Old 20-09-2021, 01:57 PM
The hero of Shadow Moses?

Levski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydenham Eagle View Post
Interesting listen.
Totally agree
Old 20-09-2021, 02:30 PM

costello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I understand that there have been discussions with Wilf about a contract extension and offering him the captaincy. But having now given it to Macca I would imagine that it would be difficult to take it away again.
Old 20-09-2021, 02:32 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Wilfried Zaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by costello View Post
I understand that there have been discussions with Wilf about a contract extension and offering him the captaincy. But having now given it to Macca I would imagine that it would be difficult to take it away again.

JimmyMac didnít finish the Spurs game wearing the arm band. Fairly sure Luka did.

Could be wrong.

Breathin deep, breathin easy...

Didnít vote for a Brexit.
Old 20-09-2021, 02:33 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Interesting listen.
He lacks self discipline on the pitch. Its clear he has his heart in the right place, but weve seen him be too petulant too often to be a captain IMO
Old 20-09-2021, 02:39 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
He lacks self discipline on the pitch. Its clear he has his heart in the right place, but weve seen him be too petulant too often to be a captain IMO
Being made captain often gives a player a sense of discipline.

I play a sport at a reasonable level and have had some right strops with refs in the past. One coach came in and made me team captain and after that I was much more disciplined.
Old 20-09-2021, 03:19 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
Being made captain often gives a player a sense of discipline.

I play a sport at a reasonable level and have had some right strops with refs in the past. One coach came in and made me team captain and after that I was much more disciplined.
It could work i guess
Old 20-09-2021, 03:28 PM

midlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmemour View Post
Great interview on TalkSport with Wilf from last night here, interview starts at 7pm:

Bang on
Old 20-09-2021, 03:32 PM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Interesting listen.
It might not be long before he is. With Ward and McArthur slightly older and close in terms of appearances for cpfc then Wilf would be next in line. And once Ferguson and Eze are back in the first XI then I expect Zaha to be the skipper.
Old 20-09-2021, 03:33 PM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
JimmyMac didnít finish the Spurs game wearing the arm band. Fairly sure Luka did.

Could be wrong.
But Luka looks unlikely to play regularly.

Also, Ward finished the game as captain vs Liverpool.
Old 20-09-2021, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by costello View Post
It wonít matter. McArthur wonít be captain when he is not on the pitch. Hope we are not bitter that Wilf wonít sign a new contract. I completely understand why from his point of view , when he has a chance of sorting a move to a top champions league club in 16 months time on a free, that he is choosing not to sign. But his loyalty and service to us is not in doubt.

I think he will play better if he is given the responsibility.
Old 20-09-2021, 03:57 PM
Stick with Dowie. Oh dear

Wright+Bright came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWright+Bright came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWright+Bright came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWright+Bright came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWright+Bright came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWright+Bright came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWright+Bright came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWright+Bright came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWright+Bright came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWright+Bright came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWright+Bright came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmemour View Post

Nice to hear him so positive about the fans. Absolute legend.
Old 20-09-2021, 04:40 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
But Luka looks unlikely to play regularly.

Also, Ward finished the game as captain vs Liverpool.
So itís not set in stone by the looks of it.

Breathin deep, breathin easy...

Didnít vote for a Brexit.