Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 02-01-2022, 01:17 PM

nicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is here
Thornton Heath - cradle of punk

Sort of

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by nicky; 02-01-2022 at 01:19 PM.
Old 02-01-2022, 04:45 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Very interesting, thanks for posting.
Old 02-01-2022, 04:57 PM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
See also:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 02-01-2022, 05:59 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Interesting read. I lived in Thornton Heath for many years and knew about some of these connections but the ones about Chrissie Hynde and Delroy Wilson were news to me.
Old 02-01-2022, 06:18 PM

silverymoon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilverymoon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilverymoon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilverymoon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilverymoon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilverymoon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilverymoon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilverymoon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilverymoon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilverymoon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilverymoon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wow what an interesting article. Especially as I was born in Thornton Heath. Also remember all the roads and have had a beer in all the pubs mentioned.
Old 02-01-2022, 06:49 PM
Ball Gazer has been.

N : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
My family roots . Lakehall Gardens.
Old 02-01-2022, 06:53 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Interesting piece,also didn’t realise Captain Sensible’s brother was a musician.
Old 02-01-2022, 06:54 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
Great article - shame it doesn't make passing reference to the little football club round the corner though.
Old 02-01-2022, 07:42 PM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford triumph View Post
Great article - shame it doesn't make passing reference to the little football club round the corner though.
Just watched the Johnny moped docu on Netflix, it would seem palace are pretty close to the heart of a few of the band members . Slimy toad had a palace scarf on while binding a young lady up in tape .. Good documentary actually, thoroughly enjoyed it , I'd recommend it if you are, or were even slightly of a punk persuasion and over 55 .. plenty of nods to local places and some interesting connections with the band and the more lofty personalities of the time .. Eg Chrissy hynde, and the damned ..

Impervious to fvck bullets

Last edited by strolling bones; 02-01-2022 at 09:32 PM.
Old 02-01-2022, 08:03 PM

loz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My ugly mug in full view at the mopeds gig in Brighton near the end.

Caterham also had bands like Eater and the Daleks, Stress and a few others… great time for me being a 15 year old punk.
Old 02-01-2022, 08:32 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Is Drill the new punk? Punk was great it wasn’t threatening, apart to parents teachers and Bill Grundy.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 03-01-2022, 07:13 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Really interesting article - thanks for posting. I was a Thornton Heather too - for far too many years than was good for me!

Although I played music myself, by that stage the place was pretty dead and never really met like minded musicians. Ended up going into the heart of London to play mostly. I was sh*t anyway, which might’ve gone down well in the punk era a couple of decades before.

Another famous Thornton Heath resident was David Jason in the late 70’s I think. He lived in a flat above a hairdressers which his brother owned. Never found out where though.

Supporting Katerina https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-..._co_campmgmt_m
Old 03-01-2022, 11:27 AM

nibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post

Another famous Thornton Heath resident was David Jason in the late 70’s I think. He lived in a flat above a hairdressers which his brother owned. Never found out where though.
Furze Road
Old 04-01-2022, 04:49 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by nibalama View Post
Furze Road
Oh wow - thank you nibalama. I read David Jason’s autobiography about 7 yrs ago, and have been wondering ever since where the hairdressers was.

Yes, I know Furze Rd; not far from Beulah school where I worked for a short time. Wonder if ‘Del Boy’ ever took himself to watch the Palace on an afternoon?

Supporting Katerina https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-..._co_campmgmt_m
Old 04-01-2022, 04:58 PM

libran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
That's a great read
Old 04-01-2022, 05:20 PM
Cookies make life better

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
Ditto
Old 04-01-2022, 07:41 PM
Pills wont help you now

Davy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Alvin Gibbs of UK Subs is from South Croydon. I worked with his auntie at the beginning of the 80s. She gave me signed copy of Keep on running. My first blue vinyl.

'What a divergence from that playoff shambles. Palace beating the Premier League Title Holders, whilst we lose 1-0 at Rotherham FFS. What a gulf.' from NSC 6/4/15
Old 13-02-2022, 10:40 PM

rhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is here
Johnny moped docu on Netflix that was a fun watch
I remember slimy toad graffiti all over Croydon

Damned gig near Christmas they want £75 quid to stand God how times have changed
Old 14-02-2022, 12:14 PM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy64 View Post
Alvin Gibbs of UK Subs is from South Croydon. I worked with his auntie at the beginning of the 80s. She gave me signed copy of Keep on running. My first blue vinyl.
UK Subs often had coloured vinyl singles. I have Tomorrows Girls on blue vinyl, Teenage on pink vinyl and Party in Paris on orange vinyl
Old 20-02-2022, 11:40 AM

salad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford triumph View Post
Yes an excellent article

Thought the same , apart from Captain Sensible I wonder there were/are any Palace fans amongst them

Didn’t realise Wizz Jones was from around there we are going to see him next month