Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 20-11-2021, 01:57 PM
Block U

Happy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is here
Looking forward to it. Was there another film/doc recently?
Old 20-11-2021, 03:15 PM

M3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Macca night on BBC2 tonight.
Old 20-11-2021, 05:02 PM
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Beatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Eagle View Post
Macca night on BBC2 tonight.

Wonderful!

"And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySwY7...eature=related
Old 20-11-2021, 05:04 PM
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Beatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillo View Post
I heard Maidstoned Eagle has seats for the front row of the opering performance.

He should be forced to watch it - he might finally realise what a Megastar Paul McCartney is.

"And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySwY7...eature=related
Old 20-11-2021, 06:01 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Arthur View Post
Looking forward to it. Was there another film/doc recently?
There is a programme also on Disney called ‘McCartney 3, 2, 1’, where Paul has a candid discussion about his music with producer Rick Rubin, accompanied by the actual audio tapes of his recordings. Fascinating stuff if you’re into that kind of thing.

Think Macca is aware of The Beatles place in history and the fact he is hitting 80 next year, so getting all his memories out there.

Supporting Katerina https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-..._co_campmgmt_m
Old 20-11-2021, 06:12 PM
Block U

Happy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
There is a programme also on Disney called ‘McCartney 3, 2, 1’, where Paul has a candid discussion about his music with producer Rick Rubin, accompanied by the actual audio tapes of his recordings. Fascinating stuff if you’re into that kind of thing.

Think Macca is aware of The Beatles place in history and the fact he is hitting 80 next year, so getting all his memories out there.
Cheers I'll take a look.

I had a quick Google after and I think it was "let it be" but that is actually now the new doc on Disney??
Old 20-11-2021, 07:15 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Arthur View Post
Cheers I'll take a look.

I had a quick Google after and I think it was "let it be" but that is actually now the new doc on Disney??
Apologies if I’m stating the obvious to you, but the doc starting on Thursday is called ‘Get Back’, and is basically the sessions that ended up being the ‘Let it Be’ album. The last Beatle album released. But not the final recorded - that was ‘Abbey Road’.

Supporting Katerina https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-..._co_campmgmt_m
Old 20-11-2021, 07:22 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Old 20-11-2021, 07:25 PM
Block U

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Apologies if I’m stating the obvious to you, but the doc starting on Thursday is called ‘Get Back’, and is basically the sessions that ended up being the ‘Let it Be’ album. The last Beatle album released. But not the final recorded - that was ‘Abbey Road’.
I think I got a bit confused but it's a remake of the let it be doc from back in the day.
Old 20-11-2021, 07:49 PM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
Just read the Philip Norman ‘Lennon’ biography which I highly recommend. A real eye opener.
Old 21-11-2021, 07:41 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdMan View Post
Just read the Philip Norman ‘Lennon’ biography which I highly recommend. A real eye opener.
Is that the one where he churns out the tired old sneer about Lennon and the "working class hero" thing?

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 21-11-2021, 07:42 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatleboy View Post
He should be forced to watch it - he might finally realise what a Megastar Paul McCartney is.
He's a c u n t

Old 21-11-2021, 07:44 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
He's a c u n t
100%
Old 21-11-2021, 08:21 AM
Old School BBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by legaleagle2 View Post
Certainly looking forward to seeing it. Just hoping the director hasn't been too much under the sway of Paul M's tendency for post the event revisionist spin when deciding what of the raw footage to use and what not to.
the scene where he's talking down to Harrison might be spun, especially as Harrison just looks at him like the complete wanke r he is.

Old 21-11-2021, 08:35 AM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Is that the one where he churns out the tired old sneer about Lennon and the "working class hero" thing?
Not at all. it's a well-researched and well-written biography which shines a light on a significant cultural figure of the twentieth century.

Do you hate them all equally?
Old 21-11-2021, 01:29 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
The Lives of John Lennon by Albert Goldman is the book for ME.
Old 21-11-2021, 05:21 PM
Old School BBS

Quote:
Not at all. it's a well-researched and well-written biography which shines a light on a significant cultural figure of the twentieth century.

Do you hate them all equally?
I think the two best beatles are dead and Chapman shot the wrong one.

If it's the book I read I stopped after the last are waving around of the "working class hero" line, the authors sneering attitude told me he hadnt read the lyrics whatsoever.

Old 21-11-2021, 10:27 PM
Troublemaker

Quote:
I think the two best beatles are dead and Chapman shot the wrong one.

If it's the book I read I stopped after the last are waving around of the "working class hero" line, the authors sneering attitude told me he hadnt read the lyrics whatsoever.
You seem to have quite an emotional reaction towards a band which was together for less than a decade and which broke up 50 years ago.

But I guess you’re not the only one. :
Old 21-11-2021, 10:58 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Pretty sure that Maidstoned does it for the laughs. My favourite of his Beatles insults is when he called them "a boy band that got lucky."

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 22-11-2021, 09:33 AM
Old School BBS

Quote:
You seem to have quite an emotional reaction towards a band which was together for less than a decade and which broke up 50 years ago.

But I guess you’re not the only one. :
Not emotional at all. They're overrated, Harrison and Lennon went on to be far more interesting whilst McTwatney and Bingo went on to be even bigger jokes than they already were. No need to be upset that you can't see it and bought into the myth.