Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 01-05-2021, 04:26 PM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipw View Post
No, I didn't. Yes, I voted for the Tory party last election, mainly because of the alternative (which by the way was not anti Brexit). And I was not alone in it not just being a Brexit vote - if it was simply that, how come the current polls seems to suggest a similar lead for the Tories despite Brexit now being a done deal? And these polls are at a time where most incumbent political leaders/parties have lost support during the pandemic. In fact, at heart, I suspect that Corbyn was more anti European than Johnson who, in my view, jumped on he Brexit bandwagon (against Cameron) as it would further his political career. Some folk on here fail to realise that there were other things to vote on other than Brexit.
You voted for a party led by a bandwagon-jumping self-interested careerist?
Old 01-05-2021, 04:31 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Is the bit in bold a serious comment? If you want to believe that only brexiteers voted Tory in 2019 then fine - but it's not true. The vast majority of the business community was anti Brexit but still voted Tory in 2019.
This shitshow of a brexit is obviously a price worth paying, for you, for Johnson to deliver whatever else from his manifesto.

It's a direct consequence of your action.

You can't vote for it then deny responsibility.
Old 01-05-2021, 04:41 PM

PaulT55 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulT55 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulT55 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulT55 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulT55 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulT55 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulT55 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulT55 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulT55 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulT55 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulT55 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Change always creates opportunity, I'm just suggesting that some people are out there seeking to find benefit from the change whilst others, perhaps yourself, prefer to whittle about it
So you have no idea what these opportunities are, do you? You would have thought, five years after the vote to leave, someone could point them out. But no, let’s complain about people whittling on, that’s much easier.
Old 01-05-2021, 04:50 PM

Philipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
This shitshow of a brexit is obviously a price worth paying, for you, for Johnson to deliver whatever else from his manifesto.

It's a direct consequence of your action.

You can't vote for it then deny responsibility.
Fine if you want to believe that. Not that i would have voted for him anyway, remind me of the clear pro remain position that corbyn was espousing?
Old 01-05-2021, 05:14 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Fine if you want to believe that. Not that i would have voted for him anyway, remind me of the clear pro remain position that corbyn was espousing?
The reason you voted for Tories was not Brexit you said.....any pro remain remarks Corbyn would have said you would have ignored it?

What made you vote Tories? I am curious.
Old 01-05-2021, 05:16 PM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Wort View Post
You voted for a party led by a bandwagon-jumping self-interested careerist?
Speaking of Self-interested careerist, has anyone seen Moggy or that Francois bloke recently? I haven't heard any news at all, hope they are not isolating due to covid and all that good stuff...
Old 01-05-2021, 05:36 PM

Philipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
The reason you voted for Tories was not Brexit you said.....any pro remain remarks Corbyn would have said you would have ignored it?

What made you vote Tories? I am curious.
Its not really for this thread and, in any case, already answered that an hour or so ago
Old 01-05-2021, 05:50 PM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Its not really for this thread and, in any case, already answered that an hour or so ago
Sorry Cinderella, will try and catch up early next time before you turn into a pumpkin

Old 01-05-2021, 05:51 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
For starters

“Labour will give the people the final say on Brexit. Within three months of coming to power, a Labour government will secure a sensible deal. And within six months, we will put that deal to a public vote alongside the option to remain. A Labour government will implement whatever the people decide.”

“A permanent and comprehensive UK-wide customs union, which is vital to protect our manufacturing industry and allows the UK to benefit from joint UK-EU trade deals, and is backed by businesses and trade unions.
Close alignment with the Single Market – ensuring we have a strong future economic relationship with the EU that can support UK businesses.
Dynamic alignment on workers’ rights, consumer rights and environmental protections so that UK standards keep pace across Europe as a minimum, allowing the UK to lead the way, not fall behind.
Continued participation in EU agencies and funding programmes, including in such vital areas of co-operation as the environment, scientific research and culture.
Clear commitments on future security arrangements, including access to the European Arrest Warrant and shared databases, making people safer at home and abroad.”

To view the link you have to Register or Login

All sounds a lot better than what we ended up with; would you agree?

If a bit fanciful

Last edited by Hpalace; 01-05-2021 at 05:56 PM.
Old 01-05-2021, 06:15 PM
COYP!

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Sorry Cinderella, will try and catch up early next time before you turn into a pumpkin

The EU has 4006 rules on Pumpkins or Pumpkin seeds!
Hey how about the club could invent a little plastic card that you could have in your wallet to access games and maybe it could even come in a little wallet of its own, now that would be really convenient .... just a thought !
Old 01-05-2021, 07:00 PM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
The EU has 4006 rules on Pumpkins or Pumpkin seeds!
We wont see PhilipW for a long time then
Old 01-05-2021, 07:07 PM

Johnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
For starters

“Labour will give the people the final say on Brexit. Within three months of coming to power, a Labour government will secure a sensible deal. And within six months, we will put that deal to a public vote alongside the option to remain. A Labour government will implement whatever the people decide.”

“A permanent and comprehensive UK-wide customs union, which is vital to protect our manufacturing industry and allows the UK to benefit from joint UK-EU trade deals, and is backed by businesses and trade unions.
Close alignment with the Single Market – ensuring we have a strong future economic relationship with the EU that can support UK businesses.
Dynamic alignment on workers’ rights, consumer rights and environmental protections so that UK standards keep pace across Europe as a minimum, allowing the UK to lead the way, not fall behind.
Continued participation in EU agencies and funding programmes, including in such vital areas of co-operation as the environment, scientific research and culture.
Clear commitments on future security arrangements, including access to the European Arrest Warrant and shared databases, making people safer at home and abroad.”

If a bit fanciful
We will slowly edge back towards this deal, which had it been elected would have saved UK fisheries and coastal communities, avoided a border in the Irish sea, saved farming, financial services, manufacturing & pharmaceuticals sectors, avoided Scottish independence etc......not to mention a Covid response to let it go through the herd and a bumbling PM who was prepared to let the dead bodies pile up whilst ensuring the worst health and economic outcome in Europe.

Corbyn was a saint compared to that callous idiot
Old 01-05-2021, 07:16 PM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybegood View Post
We will slowly edge back towards this deal, which had it been elected would have saved UK fisheries and coastal communities, avoided a border in the Irish sea, saved farming, financial services, manufacturing & pharmaceuticals sectors, avoided Scottish independence etc......not to mention a Covid response to let it go through the herd and a bumbling PM who was prepared to let the dead bodies pile up whilst ensuring the worst health and economic outcome in Europe.

You do realise the Corbyn/Labour haters will never accept this, they voted the buffon to keep Corbyn out as Corbyn would have taken Britain to 1970"s blimey imagine that, it would be like watching Palace in black and white telly rather than 4K

Old 01-05-2021, 07:20 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybegood View Post

Bang on. I wasn't a Corbyn supporter by any means, but he would not have allowed such scabrous corruption.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 01-05-2021, 07:29 PM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
For starters

If a bit fanciful
This is so complicated, Boris said he has a oven ready half baked deal....."get brexshit done'.......why bother voting time and time again, we don't want choices, we love being lied and conned, let's just jump of this cliff and be done with it

Huzzah
Old 01-05-2021, 08:59 PM

Quote:

No idea what this means as was on way to pub when i gave that response. My earlier response as to why i voted tory last time was “Because I think Corbyn (both personally and his politic leaanings) would have taken the country into ruin.”
Old 01-05-2021, 09:18 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
No idea what this means as was on way to pub when i gave that response. My earlier response as to why i voted tory last time was “Because I think Corbyn (both personally and his politic leaanings) would have taken the country into ruin.”
Good job we avoided that then. Fortunately we had Boris do it instead.
Old 01-05-2021, 10:42 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulT55 View Post
So you have no idea what these opportunities are, do you? You would have thought, five years after the vote to leave, someone could point them out. But no, let’s complain about people whittling on, that’s much easier.
I haven't investigated either the benefits, or the disadvantages, but I expect there are some of both. I appreciate that you haven't bothered to investigate either but, more importantly, how far has the whittling progressed you in life?
Old 01-05-2021, 10:44 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Just ignore him, he never has anything nice to say about anything, or anyone
Old 01-05-2021, 11:54 PM

Quote:
This is so complicated, Boris said he has a oven ready half baked deal....."get brexshit done'.......why bother voting time and time again, we don't want choices, we love being lied and conned, let's just jump of this cliff and be done with it

Huzzah
Well quite. Sensible people, business leaders etc voted against a second referendum in fear of corbyn reaking havoc. For 5 years. In what would have likely been a hung parliament; they instead voted for a hard brexit for the foreseeable.

And the economy got ****ed anyway. Lol.