Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 20-04-2021, 03:11 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I like that one a lot, too.
Old 20-04-2021, 03:17 PM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
Charley Crockett - Lonesome As A Shadow.
And
Charley Crockett - The Valley.

Last edited by chatham_eagle; 20-04-2021 at 03:33 PM.
Old 20-04-2021, 05:47 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Boston - Don’t Look Back
Played the Bryan Ferry album again- enjoyable
Old 21-04-2021, 10:55 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Zefur Wolves - Truth is in the stars

SaulAlinsky
Old 21-04-2021, 05:51 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Listen My Friends The Best Of Moby Grape
Skid Row - Slave To The Grind
Amy Studt- False Smiles
Old 23-04-2021, 03:41 AM

Louis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is here
Book of Rules
The Heptones

Old 23-04-2021, 12:13 PM

Louis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is here
Hot Love, T Rex
Old 23-04-2021, 12:22 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Larry Heard - Sceneries Not Songs, Volume One
Old 23-04-2021, 01:48 PM

legaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim of the 80's View Post
I am particularly fond of his version of The Crickets - Don't Ever Change from These Foolish Things
First heard the song 'These Foolish Things', a true classic of 'the great american songbook' via that album.Liked Hard Rain version on it too.
Old 23-04-2021, 06:53 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Those Ferry solo / cover albums from the 70s are sooooo much better than Bowie managed with "Pinups".
Oh, you evil c*nt. Pin Ups is triffic.
Ferry's entire solo output is quite horrible.
Peter f*cking Skellern's twin.
Old 24-04-2021, 04:47 AM

In and Out of Love - Oh Wonder
Old 24-04-2021, 08:40 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Oh, you evil c*nt. Pin Ups is triffic.
Ferry's entire solo output is quite horrible.
Peter f*cking Skellern's twin.
I can understand why you’d want to think that, but it’s quite wrong.
Old 24-04-2021, 10:17 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
I can understand why you’d want to think that, but it’s quite wrong.
I don't, in any way, trust your judgement.
Old 24-04-2021, 10:50 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
I was a bit confused by the above argument until I realised I was getting Peter Skellern mixed up with Croydon's own* Peter "brother of Eden Kane" Sarstedt.

I don't see why one can't like both Ferry and Bowie, the same as I can appreciate Al Bowlly *and* Anthony Newley.

Anyway, I note that the new edition of Electronic Sound magazine comes with a yellow 7" of Chris & Cosey's October (Love Song) for all you thrusting young hipsters out there.

I am currently listening to To view the link you have to Register or Login which is terrific.

*via India
Old 24-04-2021, 11:01 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
I was a bit confused by the above argument until I realised I was getting Peter Skellern mixed up with Croydon's own* Peter "brother of Eden Kane" Sarstedt.

I don't see why one can't like both Ferry and Bowie, the same as I can appreciate Al Bowlly *and* Anthony Newley.

Anyway, I note that the new edition of Electronic Sound magazine comes with a yellow 7" of Chris & Cosey's October (Love Song) for all you thrusting young hipsters out there.

I am currently listening to To view the link you have to Register or Login which is terrific.

*via India
I love Ferry in Roxy, but have always disliked his solo stuff. My mum liked it, for f*ck's sake.
Old 24-04-2021, 12:18 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

Bowie’s a genius - Pinups was his one false step of the 70s, limited choice of songs and weirdly dodgy sound (Sorrow is great, though, and the only song on the album that actually adds to the original).
Old 24-04-2021, 12:26 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Bowie’s a genius - Pinups was his one false step of the 70s, limited choice of songs and weirdly dodgy sound (Sorrow is great, though, and the only song on the album that actually adds to the original).
I wouldn't use Pinups as a justification for heaping praise on Ferry's solo output.
Pinups was filler between 'proper' albums for Bowie, and recorded very quickly. I have always preferred his version of See Emily Play over the original though.
Old 24-04-2021, 12:40 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

I think it's the dinner jacket putting you off - the material is varied, there are some great musicians on them and he actually adds to a lot of the originals cf "Hard Rain" as mentioned, River of Salt, the Willie Nelson and Kris Kristofferson covers, Carrickfergus.... it's like you say, just a lot more thought has gone into those records than Pinups.
Old 24-04-2021, 12:52 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
I think it's the dinner jacket putting you off - the material is varied, there are some great musicians on them and he actually adds to a lot of the originals cf "Hard Rain" as mentioned, River of Salt, the Willie Nelson and Kris Kristofferson covers, Carrickfergus.... it's like you say, just a lot more thought has gone into those records than Pinups.
I'm too much of a Roxy fan to cope with Ferry's solo output.
Old 24-04-2021, 01:02 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

I can understand that angle.