Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 20-01-2021, 02:30 PM
Lurker

sirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Not that I believe we will get poorer from it and neither can you say we will .. Remainer Crystal ball.. but I'm quite happy to listen to your minority view.
I with a few changes might have voted Remain, I'm not even a hard Brexiter voter yet you guys have no understanding of why the country voted leave other than Racist! Thick! Mislead! Old!

What changes would have made you vote remain? What was it that tipped the balance?
Old 20-01-2021, 02:31 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Why do we need to change or influence the whole of Europe?
its good to be constructively engaged with your neighbours....

SaulAlinsky
Old 20-01-2021, 02:31 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
ignoring the fishermen?
How did joining work out back in the day ... everything's going to be alright within a few months..
Old 20-01-2021, 02:36 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
How did joining work out back in the day ... everything's going to be alright within a few months..
For everything to be alright people will have to commit time and effort to solutions. It will cost more and take longer to move stuff than it did.

That’s inevitable unless we secretly rejoin the single market.

If costs go up, either prices go up (and demand for the product decreases) or margins go down and people stop producing because some people decide it isn’t worth it any more because the returns they make are not worth the risk profile of their investment/activity

Either way trade decreases unless it is replaced by something else. What’s the something else? Even potential something it elses would be nice.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 20-01-2021, 02:39 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
For everything to be alright people will have to commit time and effort to solutions. It will cost more and take longer to move stuff than it did.

That’s inevitable and we secretly rejoin the single market.

If costs go up, either prices go up (and demand for the product decreases) or margins go down and people stop producing because some people decide it isn’t worth it any more because the returns they make are not worth the risk profile of their investment.

Either way trade decreases unless it is replaced by something else. What’s the something else? Even potential something elses would be nice.
Demand and innovation .. which is always moving anyway .. but you know this.
Old 20-01-2021, 02:42 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Demand and innovation .. which is always moving anyway .. but you know this.
Posts like the one I have quoted above do rather undermine your argument that it is horribly unfair that people call Brexiters stupid.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 20-01-2021, 02:42 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Why do we need to change or influence the whole of Europe?
With power comes influence to change what the UK wants,that's gone. You have a new block a rival of 27 countries fighting the UK for everything it has and using its mass to do that.

Here's something to help you

Big and small.

Old 20-01-2021, 02:47 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
With power comes influence to change what the UK wants,that's gone. You have a new block a rival of 27 countries fighting the UK for everything it has and using its mass to do that.

Here's something to help you

Big and small.

Thanks but I won't bother to watch .... you only have to worry about yourself in a race to win ... were already the 2nd favourite behind the Germans and they always **** it up.
Old 20-01-2021, 02:49 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Posts like the one I have quoted above do rather undermine your argument that it is horribly unfair that people call Brexiters stupid.
So you have No belief in the UK ... fine!
Old 20-01-2021, 02:59 PM
Ichiro!

Quote:
That’s not remotely the point.

Let’s take innovation. What does Brexit provide that allows us to be more innovative than we otherwise would have been?

Why does the U.K. already receive more than its fair share of R&D investment. The prime reason is a combination of a very very favourable tax regime and a skilled workforce.

Both of those things existed when we were members of the EU. So what’s changed? What can we now do that we couldn’t before? If you wanted to increase the benefits of the tax regime we can now but we could before. If you wanted to bring in even more high skilled individuals from abroad we can now but we could before.

So I simply don’t get what we can now do that we could not when we were members of the EU. That’s got nothing to do with not believing enough
Old 20-01-2021, 03:02 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Believe in what FFS?
What tangible stuff is going to come from Brexit that the UK didn’t have before?
It’s all “give it year” “have faith” “believe in this or that” bollocks.
Is that the best you can come up with?
It’s pathetic, it really is.

The most major political upheaval in our life times and you have nothing but hot ******* air to justify it.
Old 20-01-2021, 03:14 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Remember when we HAD to be in the Euro or were finished, life goes on and the UK will be fine down the Road.
For Jerusalem replace with our parliamentary sovereignty and rights.. it's not about being richer next week.
Not that I believe we will get poorer from it and neither can you say we will .. Remainer Crystal ball.. but I'm quite happy to listen to your minority view.
I with a few changes might have voted Remain, I'm not even a hard Brexiter voter yet you guys have no understanding of why the country voted leave other than Racist! Thick! Mislead! Old! ( die now!) .. Brexit voters are not alone in Europe it's going to happen again, which is part of why the the shity deal was offered ... that will cost jobs also across the channel inside the EU ... they have put the project over the best for the people's of Europe again !

You guys love the EU punish the UK and suck on any bad news ... even weeks only out.

I am confused are you saying Brexit is like Balian surrendering Jerusalem to Saladin? Or being in EU is like surrendering to Saladin?

I think you need to read about Saladin before comparing him to EU.
Old 20-01-2021, 03:18 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
I am confused are you saying Brexit is like Balian surrendering Jerusalem to Saladin? Or being in EU is like surrendering to Saladin?

I think you need to read about Saladin before comparing him to EU.
Everything.... Nothing.. was the only reason for posting.
Old 20-01-2021, 03:21 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Just watching a YT channel I subscribe to. The presenter is complaining of shipping costs for his online merchandise to the UK due to Brexit changes. And subscribers complaining that shipping costs now make the products uneconomical.

A live example of this I guess:
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 20-01-2021, 03:22 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Everything.... Nothing.. was the only reason for posting.
I understand Everything and nothing, but Saladin???? that is the mother of Irony.....I would have chosen something else personally
Old 20-01-2021, 03:24 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I'd love to see some good news. The problems for touring musicians are significant to me because (apart from harming my business a lot), it seems entirely down to an ideological hard line on freedom of movement (which you just know will be sacrificed for some shitty deal with some other market in the very near future, anyway).
Old 20-01-2021, 03:27 PM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus mickus View Post
They only eat cod and haddock.
Then let them eat hake.
Old 20-01-2021, 03:33 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdougie View Post
What changes would have made you vote remain? What was it that tipped the balance?
Less Fed and a trade membership rather like a common market option..
What made me vote leave ... no will to reform from within the EU..

But for us to stay ..
We were in the Euro and trying to dominate like France or Germany..
Demand more cash spent in the UK from our payments..
Fair fish deal and a better deal on CAP ..
Single tax rates across the whole EU .. an end to any EU tax big business loopholes...
Voted for Presidents.
Better animal standards..
And so on..
As Verhofstadt says ...more EU is the cure but I have no faith in our leaders to get the best out of the EU to make it work for us.
Old 20-01-2021, 03:36 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
I understand Everything and nothing, but Saladin???? that is the mother of Irony.....I would have chosen something else personally
Why not him ... maybe you don't want a Kurdish homeland or Hero?
Otherwise it's just a movie clip.. saying for the argument .. sovereignty is everything and nothing.
Old 20-01-2021, 03:37 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Wort View Post
Then let them eat hake.
Very good