Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 12-04-2021, 05:32 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Confirmation then that British people with holiday homes in Spain but who are non resident will have to pay higher taxes when they next pay after the new year. They will now be treated as non Europeans and pay the same amount as Russians. Interestingly too it will affect capital gains tax although to be blunt there hasn’t been much capital gains in recent years. Perhaps the Spanish government could buy back the holiday homes at the price they were originally bought for?
Old 12-04-2021, 05:45 PM

Johnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is here
The Independent is saying that the 7.5 hours the commons is dedicating to honouring Prince Philip is more than it gave to scrutinizing the final brexit deal.

We remember the deal announced on Xmas eve that finished the shellfish and mollusc industry just 6 days later, gave UK citizens living in the EU 3 months notice to become illegal immigrants, installed a border down the irish sea and ruined the exporting manufacturing industries, farming and financials.....

Prince Philip does ofcourse deserve to be remembered but so does the livelihoods, lifestyles and businesses ruined by the stupid deal deserve to be considered

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 12-04-2021, 05:55 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybegood View Post
The Independent is saying that the 7.5 hours the commons is dedicating to honouring Prince Philip is more than it gave to scrutinizing the final brexit deal.

This country has left me. We have fallen to a Brexit coup supported by democratic idiocy.
Old 12-04-2021, 06:03 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:

We remember the deal announced on Xmas eve that finished the shellfish and mollusc industry just 6 days later, gave UK citizens living in the EU 3 months notice to become illegal immigrants, installed a border down the irish sea and ruined the exporting manufacturing industries, farming and financials.....

Prince Philip does ofcourse deserve to be remembered but so does the livelihoods, lifestyles and businesses ruined by the stupid deal deserve to be considered

This reminds me the scene from one of my favourite movie, Blazing saddles...

Old 12-04-2021, 06:14 PM

Johnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
This reminds me the scene from one of my favourite movie, Blazing saddles...

Brilliant and they are all Johnson's.. the speech by Gabby Johnson could have been delivered by our PM, and the DUP, the fishermen etc would have still believed him....yes they really are that stupid
Old 12-04-2021, 06:21 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Thanks for the debate lads as I’ve really enjoyed it. Good luck to you all on the politics forum. Adios.
Old 12-04-2021, 06:22 PM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Brilliant and they are all Johnson's.. the speech by Gabby Johnson could have been delivered by our PM, and the DUP, the fishermen etc would have still believed him....yes they really are that stupid
Authentic frontier gibberish by the Johnson's

I agree, and the likes of fishermen, Percy's and In exile's of this world really bought that gibberish and our country is in the shit now, thank you Brexshitters
Old 12-04-2021, 06:26 PM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Thanks for the debate lads as I’ve really enjoyed it. Good luck to you all on the politics forum. Adios.
Don't be hasty NKE, you did raise a valid point about holidays homes in spain and Brexit has ruined it. But what is the solution? I don't see any at the moment
Old 12-04-2021, 06:27 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Confirmation then that British people with holiday homes in Spain but who are non resident will have to pay higher taxes when they next pay after the new year. They will now be treated as non Europeans and pay the same amount as Russians. Interestingly too it will affect capital gains tax although to be blunt there hasn’t been much capital gains in recent years. Perhaps the Spanish government could buy back the holiday homes at the price they were originally bought for?
They need us..........

Quote:
UK owners of Spanish holiday homes face significantly higher tax bills following Brexit, say leading tax advisory firm Blick Rothenberg.

Robert Pullen, tax partner at the firm, explained, “From 1 January 2021, UK based owners of Spanish real estate will suffer a 24% tax rate on income, after the previous 19% tax rate expired when the transition period ended on 31 December. This is a swingeing increase of over a quarter, a direct result of the Brexit vote being implemented, and the UK being seen as a non-EU country.”

Pullen added, “In addition to the higher tax rate, the Spanish tax authorities will no longer permit any expenses to be deducted, meaning the gross income will be taxed – this could be a huge increase, disproportionate to any real profit made.

To take a simplified example, if income of €1,000 per week was generated for 6 months over the holiday season, that’s gross income of €24,000 per year. If expenses of €14,000 were incurred, and ignoring any allowances, a tax bill of €1,900 would have been payable before Brexit. After Brexit, that jumps to €5,760 – three times as much.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 12-04-2021, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
They need us..........
Kin hell!
Old 12-04-2021, 06:56 PM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Google and Apple have stopped a software upgrade for a UK goverment App. So much for sovereignty in th real world. The brexit nut jobs talking about taking back control have cocept of the level of interdependence in the world taday, being in the EU is only a drop in the ocean.
Old 12-04-2021, 06:57 PM

Small businesses, in this case an art dealer and a violin broker being ruined by brexit, and they see no way out

Old 12-04-2021, 07:33 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Small businesses, in this case an art dealer and a violin broker being ruined by brexit, and they see no way out

That's a great (regional press as well) article*, sad and appalling all at the same time.

I'm sure Richard will be along shortly to tell us how wonderful Brexit is though.

*(Alarming they refer to themselves as WCB though)

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 12-04-2021, 10:06 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
LOL. It's been great reading you talk about MPees and the metropolitan Islington elite. Can't wait for more insight. Please come back.
Old 12-04-2021, 10:37 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Perhaps the British government could? It wasn’t the Spanish government made Britain a third country.
Old 12-04-2021, 10:56 PM
In a nutshell

Percy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
Authentic frontier gibberish by the Johnson's

I agree, and the likes of fishermen, Percy's and In exile's of this world really bought that gibberish and our country is in the shit now, thank you Brexshitters
I will debate your point on the basis that I like many were against joining the EEC in the 1960's. My position has not changed and therefore I was never swayed by the so called giberrish. Nothing has changed my original position unlike some on either side. It is of course sad for some people/Businesses and they have my sympatjy, but on the other side of the coin over the past 40 plus years countless individuals and companies have suffered from the UK being members of the EEC/EU.

So far despite all the doom mongers UK society has not collapsed the £ & the markets are doing ok and business between the UK & the the EU are returning to pre Brexit levels despite Covid. While I am realistic that it is early days however long term signs are encouraging. Time to debate the failure or success of Brexit surely is 5/10:years from now not at present while the dust is settling & Covid is the main focus.

"Why go to learn the words of fools?" Steve Marriott/Ronnie Lane
Old 12-04-2021, 11:06 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Dalton View Post
..., but on the other side of the coin over the past 40 plus years countless individuals and companies have suffered from the UK being members of the EEC/EU.
Name 40 of them.
Old 12-04-2021, 11:27 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
It's always been the best version..

Old 13-04-2021, 06:35 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
Confirmation then that British people with holiday homes in Spain but who are non resident will have to pay higher taxes when they next pay after the new year. They will now be treated as non Europeans and pay the same amount as Russians.

Or any other 3rd country. Its existing laws, that automatically came into play on leaving EU. Nothing to see here.
Interestingly too it will affect capital gains tax although to be blunt there hasn’t been much capital gains in recent years. Perhaps the Spanish government could buy back the holiday homes at the price they were originally bought for?
Why would they do that? They have not done anything wrong. The UK jumped ship, not Spain.

They wanted it, they voted for it, live with it.

Its laughable watching brexitears over here now. Panic has set in big time for the morons who voted out. Long may it continue imho.

Wide open, from the crotch to the knee.

Its got a bit of Labrador shit in it too.
Old 13-04-2021, 06:41 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Dalton View Post
I will debate your point on the basis that I like many were against joining the EEC in the 1960's. My position has not changed and therefore I was never swayed by the so called giberrish. Nothing has changed my original position unlike some on either side. It is of course sad for some people/Businesses and they have my sympatjy, but on the other side of the coin over the past 40 plus years countless individuals and companies have suffered from the UK being members of the EEC/E
Is that so? Name them please.

Wide open, from the crotch to the knee.

Its got a bit of Labrador shit in it too.