Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 30-04-2021, 09:46 PM

Philipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by spt1978 View Post
Hey, we are constantly told that leave won. They can own the outcome.

Maybe a leave voter can explain to them why they are losing their job?
Pathetic. You don't give a shit that over 600 people lost their job because 68% of the people in their constituency voted to leave?
Old 30-04-2021, 09:51 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipw View Post
i.e. not waiving our right for AZ not to supply any UK produced vaccine to anyone else until a guaranteed number had been delivered to the UK. Most folk in the UK do not believe we could (politically) have held our current position had we stayed in the EU. Whether all those people are correct is another matter - but it is a commonly held view
Last time when we were in the Eu and there was a pandemic we went it alone with vaccines. We also held our political position and got the vaccines for the uk.

Commonly held views are often quite silly.

Last edited by Hpalace; 30-04-2021 at 09:58 PM.
Old 30-04-2021, 10:04 PM

david sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybegood View Post
Toyoda Gosei: 458 jobs set to be axed

Before people try to blame teething problems, Norwegians, HMRC, Dianne Abbott, Covid, global warming or the EU being nasty

Rotherham and Barnsley chamber of commerce remarked
"The impact of brexit has now become an unpleasant reality"

The Tories ruining this country one job at a time

To view the link you have to Register or Login
The incredible irony of Brexit is that those who will most badly hurt by Brexit are those in low-medium skilled jobs in places like Swansea or Rotherham who largely voted for it, not fancy dan remain-voting IT consultants like myself.

Those who voted for it should be the ones who feel the consequences more profoundly though - so they do actually eventually understand and perhaps even take some ownership for what they voted for
Old 30-04-2021, 10:07 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I can't get with this (but I admit that I'm insulated to a degree from the harm Brexit does, though it's taken away my vote and harmed my business and my family, of course).
People with little hope bought into the snake oil, and now they're getting ****ed over. People who had very little will now have even less, because they were lied to. I can't see the justice in that.
Old 30-04-2021, 10:23 PM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
I can't get with this (but I admit that I'm insulated to a degree from the harm Brexit does, though it's taken away my vote and harmed my business and my family, of course).
People with little hope bought into the snake oil, and now they're getting ****ed over. People who had very little will now have even less, because they were lied to. I can't see the justice in that.
I want to feel sorrow for those impacted in these areas but cannot get away from the feeling that they voted for Brexit because they wanted less foreigners in the country. Not sure slogans on the side of a bus mattered, they would have already had a solid view on immigration.
Old 30-04-2021, 11:10 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
I want to feel sorrow for those impacted in these areas but cannot get away from the feeling that they voted for Brexit because they wanted less foreigners in the country. Not sure slogans on the side of a bus mattered, they would have already had a solid view on immigration.
I kind of sit in the middle of you and El A. The simple fact is that the snake oil was a ‘there are too many foreigners’ medicine and many bought into it. We can listen to bullshit about international trade, the undemocratic Eu or any such bullshit. It was about too many foreigners. We have an entire thread about it. So I lack sympathy but I still have a kind of empathy (although that empathy would be described as condescending to those I have empathy for).
Old 01-05-2021, 12:16 AM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
I kind of sit in the middle of you and El A. The simple fact is that the snake oil was a ‘there are too many foreigners’ medicine and many bought into it. We can listen to bullshit about international trade, the undemocratic Eu or any such bullshit. It was about too many foreigners. We have an entire thread about it. So I lack sympathy but I still have a kind of empathy (although that empathy would be described as condescending to those I have empathy for).
I’m probably being far to harsh, in a bad mood maybe.
Old 01-05-2021, 12:57 AM

Jonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
I’m probably being far to harsh, in a bad mood maybe.
I don't think so. They wanted it, they voted for it, they got it. They can live with it.
Old 01-05-2021, 01:12 AM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Pathetic. You don't give a shit that over 600 people lost their job because 68% of the people in their constituency voted to leave?
If you're feeling guilty about the effect your vote has had on others maybe lashing out on others isn't what you should be doing.

How about some inward reflection on your own decision making?
Old 01-05-2021, 01:20 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
If 458 people were unfortunate enough to loose their jobs in Rotherham and 68% of Rotherham voted to leave. Then 311 people basically voted to potentially put themselves out of work.
Old 01-05-2021, 03:17 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
I’m with El Ag. The workers have been shafted for years in all kinds of ways and here was finally a chance to actually do something. They were conned into the causes of their oppression by snake oil salesmen who were the only beneficiaries of brexit.

It’s a pity Farage was so fortunate in that plane crash.
Old 01-05-2021, 04:02 AM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
i.e. not waiving our right for AZ not to supply any UK produced vaccine to anyone else until a guaranteed number had been delivered to the UK. Most folk in the UK do not believe we could (politically) have held our current position had we stayed in the EU. Whether all those people are correct is another matter - but it is a commonly held view
I am curious as to where this is being produced and from which country is this being distributed etc. ?

Also did we not have a shortage of AZ vaccine at one stage? I remember our health Secretary blaming someone for this shortage.

Who is the other country involved in developing this vaccine?

what has membership of EU got to do with vaccine etc? Didn’t Germany a member of EU go on their own and some other EU countries?

Last time we had a sniff of pandemic we went alone in procuring vaccination etc and we were EU member then
Old 01-05-2021, 04:10 AM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
It is all project fear Init

Brexshitters won their sovereignty, time to get over it
Old 01-05-2021, 06:11 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE View Post
If 458 people were unfortunate enough to loose their jobs in Rotherham and 68% of Rotherham voted to leave. Then 311 people basically voted to potentially put themselves out of work.
It's always someone else's fault.
Old 01-05-2021, 06:43 AM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Personally I think it is appropriate that the pain of Brexit falls on the areas that voted for it.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 01-05-2021, 06:56 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Legally you are right of course, ie we could have signed our advantageous contract with or without brexit. However, few believe we would have been able to hold our current position (from a political perspective) had we still been in the EU
Then those who are not the alleged few, had better come up with some evidence before making rash unsupported political views to suit their cognitive dissonance.
Old 01-05-2021, 06:59 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Personally I think it is appropriate that the pain of Brexit falls on the areas that voted for it.
Well these same area's also took the hit of joining and being in the EU, so as long as the rich middle-class smug Remainers also do ... it's a winner!
Old 01-05-2021, 07:05 AM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Well these same area's also took the hit of joining and being in the EU, so as long as the rich middle-class smug Remainers also do ... it's a winner!
Did they? How?
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 01-05-2021, 07:10 AM

Philipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
If you're feeling guilty about the effect your vote has had on others maybe lashing out on others isn't what you should be doing.

How about some inward reflection on your own decision making?
You don’t know how i voted. I saw both sides of the argument but on balance thought brexit a bad idea. Doesn’t mean that i dont have sympathy for those who have lost their jobs. Its half the voting populstion ffs
Old 01-05-2021, 07:15 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Did they? How?
Fishing .... industry and building jobs, potholes smashing the wheels off their cars while OUR cash paid for European road and Rail ... we paid in they took out!