Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 09-05-2021, 04:13 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Dalton View Post
Do you have a property in an EU country then ?
It doesn't matter if you do or don't. I do. You changed my life, and didn't let me vote. Your Tory democracy at work again.

Wide open, from the crotch to the knee.

Its got a bit of Labrador shit in it too.
Old 09-05-2021, 04:15 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
You donít need to have property to have them rights...
Exactly.

Old 09-05-2021, 07:04 AM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus mickus View Post
It doesn't matter if you do or don't. I do. You changed my life, and didn't let me vote. Your Tory democracy at work again.
Why would you get a vote on any aspect of the future of the UK when you don’t live there ?
Old 09-05-2021, 10:35 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Even the slightest acknowledgement that the Brexit vote, and how it has be implemented, is having a significant negative effect on many, many UK nationals lives and businesses would be something.
We live in a different world to that of the 1950s, where Brexiters seem to want to be. Lots of us have families and homes in the EU. We didn't all shack up with someone from Chesterfield. Tell me what the workable solutions are for us?
Old 09-05-2021, 01:55 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Why would you get a vote on any aspect of the future of the UK when you donít live there ?
Because we are British citizens. Did everyone living in the UK at the time of the referendum get a vote?
Old 09-05-2021, 02:02 PM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Because we are British citizens. Did everyone living in the UK at the time of the referendum get a vote?
Three groups were denied the right to vote at the referendum. They were not offered the opportunity to influence the outcome.

The first group comprises most EU (non-UK) citizens resident in the UK. This is the largest group of about 3.3 million people or 5% of the population of the UK. There are two human rights issues.

The second group is the expats who have lived outside of the UK for 15 years or more.

The third group only emerged as a group in 2014. When the Scottish independence vote was taken, UK law allowed regional votes to included young people aged between 16 and 18. The argument made for their inclusion was that they would live long with the consequence. They are not allowed to vote in national votes, but only in regional votes. That is neither universal nor equal.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Why EU citizens were denied a vote is impossible to explain. They were working and paying tax here.
Old 09-05-2021, 02:06 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Apparently some believe you only have a right to influence a place if you actually live there.

Not too sure that's really been thought through too much, though.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 09-05-2021, 02:09 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Itís nice to know how much the likes of Worksop value British citizenship.

Itís not the first time I have seen this though. Thereís some on here that say you shouldnít even have an opinion on UK politics if you donít live there. Itís almost like youíre a traitor for leaving the motherland.
Old 09-05-2021, 02:20 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by spt1978 View Post
Three groups were denied the right to vote at the referendum. They were not offered the opportunity to influence the outcome.

The first group comprises most EU (non-UK) citizens resident in the UK. This is the largest group of about 3.3 million people or 5% of the population of the UK. There are two human rights issues.

The second group is the expats who have lived outside of the UK for 15 years or more.

The third group only emerged as a group in 2014. When the Scottish independence vote was taken, UK law allowed regional votes to included young people aged between 16 and 18. The argument made for their inclusion was that they would live long with the consequence. They are not allowed to vote in national votes, but only in regional votes. That is neither universal nor equal.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Why EU citizens were denied a vote is impossible to explain. They were working and paying tax here.
Itís weird that I didnít have a vote - itís criminal, bordering on tyrannical, that EU citizens resident in the UK didnít.
Old 09-05-2021, 02:22 PM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Itís weird that I didnít have a vote - itís criminal, bordering on tyrannical, that EU citizens resident in the UK didnít.
I just donít understand why they didnít, Cameron had all the power, he could have ensured they did.
Old 09-05-2021, 02:28 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
I just donít understand why they didnít, Cameron had all the power, he could have ensured they did.
They didnít think they could lose. Who in their right mind would vote for a something that only benefits disaster capitalists and tax exile crooks?
Old 09-05-2021, 02:43 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Is it that unusual. I donít think I could vote on anything while living/working (for 6 years) in the US. I wouldnít expect to either until I had taken US citizenship. I am less clear on yourself but if someone has lived/worked abroad for a decent period I could understand the argument that you have left, arenít paying taxes etc. but could go either way on it tbh.

If someone has emigrated somewhere and taking local citizenship that seems pretty clear cut and why would anyone think they should be voting.

TBH I am not sure why anyone is still seeking to query the Brexit vote. At some point we all just have to get on with it and make it work. I voted remain but one thing worse than stay or leave is to go around in circles.
Old 09-05-2021, 03:12 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Is it that unusual. I donít think I could vote on anything while living/working (for 6 years) in the US. I wouldnít expect to either until I had taken US citizenship. I am less clear on yourself but if someone has lived/worked abroad for a decent period I could understand the argument that you have left, arenít paying taxes etc. but could go either way on it tbh.

If someone has emigrated somewhere and taking local citizenship that seems pretty clear cut and why would anyone think they should be voting.

TBH I am not sure why anyone is still seeking to query the Brexit vote. At some point we all just have to get on with it and make it work. I voted remain but one thing worse than stay or leave is to go around in circles.
Even leaving with a disastrous deal?
Old 09-05-2021, 03:32 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Well there are, of course, elections that EU citizens have a vote in by law. I used to have a vote in state elections and euro elections. So the lists were available - I don’t really understand why you would exclude them from a vote which would so directly affect their livelihoods and legal status.

Sorry if we’re meant to just shut up about it now that it’s actually in effect and people are seeing the consequences.
Old 09-05-2021, 03:43 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Even leaving with a disastrous deal?
Shut up and get yer turd polishing kit out.
Old 09-05-2021, 03:53 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Why would you get a vote on any aspect of the future of the UK when you donít live there ?
FFS what sort of simpleton posts shyte like this...

SaulAlinsky
Old 10-05-2021, 06:03 AM
I'm watching you

Quote:
As a British passport holder living in mainland Europe, it changes my life, thats why. I moved to Spain in the EU. Nobody said anything about leaving the EU.

Old 10-05-2021, 06:07 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
That was just Cameron pandering to kippers.
Old 10-05-2021, 06:16 AM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus mickus View Post
As a British passport holder living in mainland Europe, it changes my life, thats why. I moved to Spain in the EU. Nobody said anything about leaving the EU.
Yes I understand that. Because the vote went against you.

I still donít see why non UK residents should have had a vote. Anyway itís moot of course, because they didnít.
Old 10-05-2021, 07:31 AM

Le Trapper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLe Trapper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLe Trapper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLe Trapper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLe Trapper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLe Trapper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLe Trapper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLe Trapper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLe Trapper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLe Trapper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLe Trapper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Not because the vote went against us but because neither Biggus nor I nor millions like us, had an opportunity to vote in the first place.