Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 06-01-2021, 08:41 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionmighty View Post
PS The roots of NS were in the Mod scene and early all-nighters such as the Twisted Wheel were Mod haunts that over the course of the 60s musically evolved to focus on rare soul. ‘Funky stuff’ is referred to as if is separate from Northern Soul. There was a huge amount of funk played on the NS scene. Literally thousands were played - see examples below which stand up to anything

To view the link you have to Register or Login

The first one WTF ?
And the other three ... nah sorry NS is just like a weird jazz club but a soul version..

Old 06-01-2021, 08:44 PM
Hadron Collider

I'll stick with .....

Old 06-01-2021, 08:46 PM
Hadron Collider

With some ...

Old 06-01-2021, 08:57 PM
Hadron Collider

I mean I'm loving this but it's just good Soul... so much crap pretending to be decent tagged NS.

Old 06-01-2021, 09:00 PM

ionmighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineionmighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineionmighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineionmighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineionmighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineionmighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineionmighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineionmighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineionmighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineionmighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineionmighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Each to their own and for the record I like The Who and Orlons too. My late friend Randy Cozens was an original Mod who like many of his era kept with the all-nighters when the Mod thing died in the South but kept going out of London and evolved into NS. Here’s Randy’s Mod 100 and you won’t find any Who or Kinks in there.

Old 06-01-2021, 09:04 PM

ionmighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineionmighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineionmighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineionmighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineionmighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineionmighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineionmighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineionmighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineionmighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineionmighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineionmighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Anything to match something like!

How about this group?

Old 06-01-2021, 09:04 PM
Hadron Collider

I just see my fat early 80's .. old mod mates dancing around thinking their somehow cool with a very average weak NS song playing on Facebook..
Old 06-01-2021, 09:06 PM

Quote:
I just see my fat early 80's old mod mates dancing around thinking their somehow cool with a very average weak NS song playing on Facebook..
Ha, ha very true
Old 06-01-2021, 09:07 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
How about this group?

Crap .... too Motown meets 50p shop of a song...
Sorry ...I'll move along ... I just don't get it!
Old 06-01-2021, 09:08 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Ha, ha very true
Old 06-01-2021, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Crap .... too Motown meets 50p shop of a song...
Sorry ...I'll move along ... I just don't get it!
They’re actually the same group. The Volcanos are actually the Tramps before they achieved commercial success. ‘Hold back the night’ was a big play at Blackpool Mecca (especially the inst).
Old 06-01-2021, 09:20 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
They’re actually the same group. The Volcanos are actually the Tramps before they achieved commercial success. ‘Hold back the night’ was a big play at Blackpool Mecca (especially the inst).
Well that's the point really one great soul song that I've found here but Northern soul always seems like a collection of the B sides to me...
Old 06-01-2021, 09:26 PM

keithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle View Post

Love both tracks
Old 06-01-2021, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Well that's the point really one great soul song that I've found here but Northern soul always seems like a collection of the B sides to me...
Funnily enough a lot of great NS records were B sides. There’s plenty of great music to suit us all. I went through the early 80s Mod thing and many of the records presented as NS on the Mod scene were dreadful - ‘The Snake’, ‘Fortuneteller’ etc. It was only when I got into the scene proper I realised the real stuff was very soulful. Anyway, each to their own
Old 07-01-2021, 09:11 PM
Hadron Collider

Typical NS they're just trying a little too hard to be cool ... some nice tracks though.

Old 09-01-2021, 12:33 PM

Streuth......