Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 08-02-2019, 06:03 AM

Lingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Funny, I was thinking exactly the same thing last night. I was at the Leeds v Wimbledon game and the Croydon v Millwall game. I also remember going to Highbury to watch Arsenal v Juventus in the Fairs Cup and Chelsea v Liverpool in the FAcup. In those days you could simply turn up and pay at the turnstiles. Wouldn't have any interest in doing that now though.
Old 08-02-2019, 04:42 PM

Lindfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLindfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLindfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLindfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLindfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLindfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLindfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLindfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLindfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLindfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLindfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I must get a more unique user name! I can only echo your thoughts as I would often just go straight from work to a game on a whim. I was also at the Arsenal v Juventus game and remember the swaying Clock End crowd and the pissing in bottles! Also, League Cup Semi final Tottenham v Chelsea 1972, plenty of aggro there. We were all neutral fans then except when your own team were playing. Did though watch cricket at SP. Graham Pollock etc
Old 10-02-2019, 01:45 PM
Probationary User

mackem_stu1964 is playing for a contract
back in the 1980's Sainsburys supermarkets used to have their inter store cup finals there, have some pictures somewhere from one of them when Locksbottom shop reached and lost in the final, remember the pitch wasn't much better than the ones in the park
Old 11-02-2019, 10:06 AM

Paxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
An addition: there was a Oxford v Cambridge Varsity Match played at Selhurst at some point in the Simon Jordan era. I'd put this into the "major" rather than the "schools match" category; it used to be played at the old Wembley but in recent decades has moved around - for a while it was played at Craven Cottage on the morning of the boat race.
Old 11-02-2019, 12:24 PM

ian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There used to be an annual British Army v French or Belgian Army in the 1930s.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:12 AM

Gazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky View Post
Saw It's a Knockout at Selhurst once. Anita Harris played a belter, banged one in off her wart.
Me too. That was in late 70s as later same day, England won an away world cup qualifier 4-1 in Finland.

I was there for the Wimbledon Leeds game. And the England U23s games that Peter Taylor played in.
Old 25-01-2020, 08:39 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Just uploaded to You Tube a Croydon School U14’s Cup final from 1987. Thought some might find it interesting just to see an empty-ish Selhurst at that point in time.

A certain Bubbs11 played for Lanfranc in this game but won’t tell you which of the sh*t players I was. We won but didn’t play well on the day. Occasion got to us and the ball became a hot potato - all very kick and rush - awful.

The only decent player was the guy who scored two and made the third too - Scott Thomas. He went on to play at youth team level at Palace in the same year as Dean Gordon, but wasn’t offered professional terms unfortunately. Have to say at this stage, having played for years with and against both players several times, I would’ve said Scott would’ve had more chance than Dean of making it, but there you go.

Remember the pitch being very sandy and not in great nick at all. We had the away dressing room which I was a bit gutted about being a massive Palace fan, but do remember taking a moment to look around and think of all the amazing players that would’ve graced that same room.

If you look right at the end after the match at about 15:35, I think that’s a 14 year old Dean Gordon in grey coat and black trousers talking to one of our players. He went to St Mary’s but played Sunday League for Melwood with quite a few of our lads.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 26-01-2020, 05:45 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radders View Post
Oh I dunno!

From memory, Gillingham had the 2 big pens in the Homesdale as well as the old stand.

Was a cracking atmosphere that night. Myself and the other programme sellers that day went and stood in the Sainsburys. About 20 of us had the whole terrace to ourselves!
Swear we stood on the holmesdale that night. Was definitely moody afterwards.
When the pikeys were there they had spurs at home but their programme sellers were on strike , so like of Radders and i were asked by our programme team to help out. Was a bit surprised to see a certain Chris powell turn up in a Spurs leisure track suit . We had quick chat with him and a genuinely nice bloke.
Now in holland with pardew
Old 26-01-2020, 05:50 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Played ( as a sub) at the mighty SP for sains locksbottom v streatham sains in a cup final. Their sub winger was rapid so had to give him a reducer( Elbow in back of neck iircc when we went up for a header). It worked he swapped flanks. Playing at SP spurred a palace fans dominated team on to the final . In true palace style we lost .
Old 17-01-2021, 02:18 PM
Probationary User

Stace1977 is playing for a contract
1987 Cup Final Croydon bys FC vs Sutton United Youth

Does anyone on here remember going to this or even playing in the game, I was in goal for Croydon boys FC