Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 18-02-2021, 05:49 AM

Louis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is here
Listening to podcasts on a computer

I have started to listen to more podcasts. There's an ever-growing number and lots of features about them.

On my old Mac, I downloaded a lot of BBC radio ones, normally direct from the BBC website. I catalogued them with iTunes, then I listened to them offline, either on my Mac, or on the move on my iPod.

But I am struggling with newer and non-BBC podcasts. Many seem to be geared to listening via streaming, not to be downloaded.

An example is 'We didn't start the fire' ...

To view the link you have to Register or Login

which was reviewed in last Wednesday's Metro. At the foot of the page, it offers you the choice:

Listen on Spotify
Listen on Apple Podcasts

I guess these will just open up the application if you have it, and then stream the podcast via the application. Like many other software things now, it's probably geared to smartphone users - I don't have a smartphone. I have, though, just bought an HP all-in-one desktop PC with Windows 10 home. This is going to replace my 12 year old desktop Mac.

So can I download podcasts like 'We didn't start the fire' and listen later on my new Windows 10 PC, or do I have to stream them on Spotify or similar?
Old 18-02-2021, 05:53 PM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
I have started to listen to more podcasts. There's an ever-growing number and lots of features about them.

On my old Mac, I downloaded a lot of BBC radio ones, normally direct from the BBC website. I catalogued them with iTunes, then I listened to them offline, either on my Mac, or on the move on my iPod.

But I am struggling with newer and non-BBC podcasts. Many seem to be geared to listening via streaming, not to be downloaded.

An example is 'We didn't start the fire' ...

which was reviewed in last Wednesday's Metro. At the foot of the page, it offers you the choice:

Listen on Spotify
Listen on Apple Podcasts

I guess these will just open up the application if you have it, and then stream the podcast via the application. Like many other software things now, it's probably geared to smartphone users - I don't have a smartphone. I have, though, just bought an HP all-in-one desktop PC with Windows 10 home. This is going to replace my 12 year old desktop Mac.

So can I download podcasts like 'We didn't start the fire' and listen later on my new Windows 10 PC, or do I have to stream them on Spotify or similar?
I use Podbean simply because its what I use on my Android. If at my PC I use it via Google Chrome from a webpage. I only use Chrome as it will remember my login and all the podcasts I follow will be there. Quick search shows its on there.

Old 18-02-2021, 05:55 PM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Spotify works on your PC

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 19-02-2021, 02:34 PM

palacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
You need player fm To view the link you have to Register or Login

i searched for your podcast on there but could not find it so i just added the url for the podcast and result is below and took me under 1 minute

works on pc android etc etc

Old 19-02-2021, 07:13 PM

Louis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendy View Post
I use Podbean simply because its what I use on my Android. If at my PC I use it via Google Chrome from a webpage. I only use Chrome as it will remember my login and all the podcasts I follow will be there. Quick search shows its on there.

Thanks - from a quick glance, that looks good, and just the sort of thing I'm looking for
Old 19-02-2021, 07:45 PM

alpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Pocketcasts is good. Will sync on phone, tablet or PC.