Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 09-03-2021, 05:30 AM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
Youíll be better off in the long run with those wireless APís connected like that.

UniFi APís by any chance?
As it happens yes,

Did I do a bad thing?
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 09-03-2021, 08:30 AM

EaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
TP link deco P9 come with the in-built Ethernet poweline which eliminates issues with distances between APs, I've got it in the house and it's incredible!
Old 09-03-2021, 11:42 AM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
I am getting a 1Gbps FTTP broadband connection within the next few weeks and have been looking at various Mesh options. I live in a very old brick built house and WiFi doesn't travel well between rooms, let alone throughout the entire house.

There is an wired Ethernet connection between our (soon to go) Sky Router and the kitchen at the other side of the house. Is it possible to get a decent mesh array with one box by the router (connected to the main unit) with a second connected to the main unit in the kitchen using Ethernet - and other units around the house wirelessly connected to these two? Leaving aside cost considerations, what would be the best system to employ to provide the fastest connection (I assume this is wifi 6) and the best coverage? I am thinking of a total of six units to cover the whole house and the external garage.

One other question: I have read somewhere that Sky Q doesn't work well with some Mesh systems, although I am not sure if that only applies to Mesh from a Sky broadband hub. At the moment the Sky mini boxes sort of work to provide some connectivity around the house. I know that the Sky box built in mesh will not work with non-Sky broadband of course. Has anyone had problems with Sky Q from a non-Sky ISP and a Mesh system?
Old 14-03-2021, 01:36 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Anyone?
Old 20-03-2021, 07:38 AM

Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by topper View Post

It would be good to compare those to the stats that appear on your edge device. you should be able to get download/upload speeds from the mainpage.

Thanks for all this info. What do mean by Ďedge deviceí? Or is it a typo?
Old 20-03-2021, 07:49 AM

Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Youíll see already that I have no expertise here, but I can say that that the tri band linksys node that came with my installation is infinitely more effective that the WiFi in the old Sky router I was using before. Itís getting a usable signal through (or maybe around) thick stone walls where before I was relying on an unreliable repeater. There is certainly a loss of speed but in the difficult spots Iím still getting 10x with my 100mb service what I was getting with my 38mb.
Iíve been looking at additional nodes and my understanding is that you have to link all nodes to the master node wirelessly even if youíre then going to use some of them wired. No idea about compatibility. It seems triband can be significantly faster than dual band if there is any contention for the service.