Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 08-04-2021, 11:11 AM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Are we allowed to holiday within the UK?
Old 08-04-2021, 11:43 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
Why did tory voters / brexiteers vote for this?
This is a man who's business involved trading across Europe, and yet...

If Brexit was all about sovereignty, whatever we were promised, the reality is that in practice we have given most of it away, as we have to pander to the whims of other nations and adhere to their rules in order to have any trade whatsoever.”
Old 08-04-2021, 01:54 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Why did tory voters / brexiteers vote for this?
1918, 1945, 1966, Union flags and nostalgic fantasies of holidays on Camber sands. Get one over on the Libs and the Hun, we put our faith in Farage and The Sun. National Sovereignty obviously, that's number one, make our own rules now for immigration and asylum scum.

Its not even that Brexit necessarily needed to end up here with this fiasco - It could have been a reasonable negotiated separation over a period of time, but we couldn't go with that, being reasonable.

Now we're getting f**ked, people start complaining they were sold down the river. were you f**k, you had a number of different choices, and you selected the worst candidate and self interested c**ts at every turn.

Well done Britain.
Old 08-04-2021, 02:15 PM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogstar721 View Post
1918, 1945, 1966, Union flags and nostalgic fantasies of holidays on Camber sands. Get one over on the Libs and the Hun, we put our faith in Farage and The Sun. National Sovereignty obviously, that's number one, make our own rules now for immigration and asylum scum.

Its not even that Brexit necessarily needed to end up here with this fiasco - It could have been a reasonable negotiated separation over a period of time, but we couldn't go with that, being reasonable.

Now we're getting f**ked, people start complaining they were sold down the river. were you f**k, you had a number of different choices, and you selected the worst candidate and self interested c**ts at every turn.

Well done Britain.
John Cooper Clarke?
Or an, if you will, homage by your good self?

If the latter, then genius!
Old 08-04-2021, 02:29 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Wort View Post
John Cooper Clarke?

Or Sleaford Mods.
Old 08-04-2021, 02:36 PM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
Quote:
Or Sleaford Mods.
Yep, good call.

But there was something about the metre that made me think of JCC.
Old 08-04-2021, 02:36 PM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybegood View Post
Barry's experience of post brexit trade is illuminating. Reckons they have all been sold down the river.......we hear you Barry

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Careful, you are going to be accused of posting too many "negative" Brexit stories soon by our resident leavers.

Must be lots of "positive" Brexit news stories. I will go check - back soon......
Old 08-04-2021, 02:50 PM

Johnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1905 View Post
Careful, you are going to be accused of posting too many "negative" Brexit stories soon by our resident leavers.

Must be lots of "positive" Brexit news stories. I will go check - back soon......
I do read a number of sources and am as eager to find a positive outcome as any leaver. Happy to be pointed in the right direction though.....just one?

Meanwhile Arlene is blaming a Sinn Fein funeral (last june) as the reason why loyalist youths are angry
Kate Hoey is somehow blaming the protocol but not brexit ....eh?
Boris told unionists there would be no additional paperwork and to forward any such requests onto him
Brandon Lewis is telling unionists that there isn't a border in the Irish sea at all
Boris says he is concerned

.....all lies matter
Old 08-04-2021, 02:59 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Stupid post. Trolling.
I am not sure. Depends whether you think our democracy and country is under threat from the current administration or not.

If you think this 'government' is just a regular tory government, then it is a stupidish post.

If you think we are living in unprecedented times and an extreme nationalist kleptocracy is sailing the country onto the rocks while looting from hold, but pretending everything is OK because they are playing land of hope and glory on a continuous loop, then it is an entirely valid post.

Personally I think the government is criminal and extremely dangerous. We all have a duty to stand up to them until they are prosecuted and behind bars.
Old 08-04-2021, 03:05 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:

Well done Britain.
I keep remembering a random conversation I had in a far away Asian town at the end of 2019 with a Scottish lowland beef farmer, who voted Boris and voted Brexit.

I tried pointing out how it could ruin his family's future as well as the UK's but he had this blind faith that somehow it would all be better based on nothing he could actually put his finger on.

When I laid out what is likely to happen he had this touching belief that 'Boris wouldn't do that', like he was some sort of old trusted family friend.

I would love to speak to him now that he has more than likely lost his parents business and his children's future.
Old 08-04-2021, 03:30 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
When I laid out what is likely to happen he had this touching belief that 'Boris wouldn't do that', like he was some sort of old trusted family friend.
It's quite the con trick the serial liar manages to pull isn't it?
Old 08-04-2021, 03:44 PM
Significant Udder

Direwolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1905 View Post

Am I the only one that through seeing Barry and reading his account that he was doing nicely out of a lot of flying under the radar cash deals a la Derek Trotter and the pesky system has caught up with him? Not to say that Max Weber wouldn't be hugely proud of the new business in the production of red tape. Why is the tape red by the way?
Old 08-04-2021, 03:45 PM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Boris has this way of saying, trust me I'm a liar, and it works.
I am sure he is great company over a bottle of burgundy but you couldn't trust him to take out the bins.
Old 08-04-2021, 03:49 PM
Significant Udder

Direwolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgetail View Post
Boris has this way of saying, trust me I'm a liar, and it works.
I am sure he is great company over a bottle of burgundy but you couldn't trust him to take out the bins.
He'd ask Patel to take out the Black bin.
Old 08-04-2021, 06:04 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
I do read a number of sources and am as eager to find a positive outcome as any leaver. Happy to be pointed in the right direction though.....just one?

Meanwhile Arlene is blaming a Sinn Fein funeral (last june) as the reason why loyalist youths are angry
Kate Hoey is somehow blaming the protocol but not brexit ....eh?
Boris told unionists there would be no additional paperwork and to forward any such requests onto him
Brandon Lewis is telling unionists that there isn't a border in the Irish sea at all
Boris says he is concerned

.....all lies matter
It is funny no one is blaming Brexit. Also I do remember Boris saying there will be checks and controls in N Ireland over his dead body? I know this Easter, after JC, we have seen another person rise from the dead, and that is BJ- Hallelujah, praise the lord.

In reality Lordy David Frost can easily solve this by having a meeting with Brussels and Dublin? Over a cup of tea if required, surely
Old 08-04-2021, 06:15 PM

Johnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
It is funny no one is blaming Brexit. Also I do remember Boris saying there will be checks and controls in N Ireland over his dead body? I know this Easter, after JC, we have seen another person rise from the dead, and that is BJ- Hallelujah, praise the lord.

In reality Lordy David Frost can easily solve this by having a meeting with Brussels and Dublin? Over a cup of tea if required, surely
Yep easiest deal in history, join the single market and CU.

Fishermen and farmers wouldnt go bust
UK "Ex-pats" would no longer be illegal immigrants
No long hold up for paperwork and checks at borders
No border in Irish sea
The rest of the world wouldn't think we were thick useless c*nts

Would still be brexit but not the disaster capitalist brexit that the far right want
Old 08-04-2021, 06:41 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Yep easiest deal in history, join the single market and CU.

Fishermen and farmers wouldnt go bust
UK "Ex-pats" would no longer be illegal immigrants
No long hold up for paperwork and checks at borders
No border in Irish sea
The rest of the world wouldn't think we were thick useless c*nts

Would still be brexit but not the disaster capitalist brexit that the far right want
Easiest in the world I agree, who cares about Fishermen/Farmers etc. feck business, yay
Old 08-04-2021, 10:30 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Wort View Post
John Cooper Clarke?

I'm a big fan of John Cooper Clarke and The Seaford Mods, but it's my own composition. They're much better at rhyming structures and narrative control.
Old 08-04-2021, 10:34 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
I'm a big fan of John Cooper Clarke and The Seaford Mods, but it's my own composition. They're much better at rhyming structures and narrative control.
Very good. Reminds me of my Lord’s Prayer take on brexit from many a moon ago but you definitely win
Old 09-04-2021, 09:01 AM

swissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is here
The D Express actually has 2 negative Brexit articles today. The Daily Mail is trying to explain N Ireland woes as all the fault of the EU. The softening up of their readers has begun to ensure blame is not at their door once the true magnitude of this shitshow becomes clear as we exit pandemic restrictions.