Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 19-04-2021, 03:47 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
I just can't see how this can work, maybe I'm just nieve b
You're just snow?
Old 19-04-2021, 03:50 PM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
Gary Neville is my hero today
Old 19-04-2021, 03:50 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
That could be interesting if there is any truth in it.
It reads like a Daily Mail journalist is reading the rules and saying 2+2 = 17.

You could probably only start to ban them under the existing rules after 12 months of not playing international football.

But then even if they did change the rules the clubs would simply go on tour until the government changed its mind.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 19-04-2021, 03:51 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwich_Eagle View Post
Just for one season until it all settles down.
Why would they have play offs for final positions when the top 6 go up anyway. So you finish 3rd after 46 matches then you have to have play offs to "ratify" your final position? Then you end up with a Play Off Final for what reason exactly, when the winners get promoted. And so do the losers
Old 19-04-2021, 03:54 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagleinmk View Post
Whilst I don't entirely disagree, it is only 2 places being handed out on the basis of coefficient and those clubs do at least have to finish in a europa league spot to be 'promoted' into the champions league.
It's less bollocks than this bollocks, which will probably be the marketing campaign.
Old 19-04-2021, 03:56 PM

wrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is here
Being discussed in Houses of Parliament now could be interesting what they can do if anything
Old 19-04-2021, 03:57 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Protests at Anfield just heard. Banners against their owners.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 19-04-2021, 03:57 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
Bleak
I apologise.

It could be over dramatisation. I sincerely hope I am wrong about all of this.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 19-04-2021, 03:58 PM
Ichiro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Protests at Anfield just heard. Banners against their owners.
Obviously this approach has worked for Newcastle fans over the years
Old 19-04-2021, 03:59 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathe View Post
If the 6 are booted out you can see Rangers and Celtic being admitted to the Premier League
Don't agree, if we are going to allow this kind of madness, why stop there. If Ajax, for example who don't appear to be getting an invite to this league (unless I have missed something) decide they fancy joining us as well they might fancy it too. Rangers and Celtic can stay where they are
Old 19-04-2021, 04:00 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Ashley must be making dozens of phone calls today desperate to get an invite
Old 19-04-2021, 04:01 PM
Ichiro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
Don't agree, if we are going to allow this kind of madness, why stop there. If Ajax, for example who don't appear to be getting an invite to this league (unless I have missed something) decide they fancy joining us as well they might fancy it too. Rangers and Celtic can stay where they are
Plus the Dutch speak better English that the Scots
Old 19-04-2021, 04:01 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post

But Newcastle fans have never understood that being the biggest club in Newcastle and once having Wor Jackie Milburn doesn't make them very important
Old 19-04-2021, 04:02 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
Rangers and Celtic can stay where they are
Think of the 12 points Jim.

Vision for Bangladesh. Please donate if you can

www.visionforbangladesh.org
Old 19-04-2021, 04:02 PM
Born in South London

Pinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is here
Hope we can organise a big protest at the next home game vs Man City, give them a proper welcome and maybe a 'sing along' outside the ground during the match that can be heard on TV to let them know what we think
Old 19-04-2021, 04:04 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Think of the 12 points Jim.
Old 19-04-2021, 04:04 PM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
I find this all very depressing. All these clubs have everything handed to them, everything is weighted to them and they still want it all. West Ham and Leicester dared to try and overtake them through talent and hard work and they threw their toys out and killed the game outside of their cabal.

They can never be allowed back and they can never be allowed the privilege of staying in our leagues with their £350m yearly advantage. I hope each and every one goes bust and their owners who signed up [redacted]
Old 19-04-2021, 04:06 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagleinmk View Post
Quite like a french papers editorial perspective on this one.....

“The day European football faltered”, reads France’s So Foot, which sees the potential departure of 12 teams as a chance “to finally breathe”.

“If this NBA-like tournament is to become reality, it will increase suspense… teams like Ajax, Porto, Roma or Napoli will experience the thrill of reaching the final stages of the Champions League and will actually have a chance to win it. This would also mean that some legendary European teams could experience a second wind – can we dream of seeing Glasgow Rangers, Dynamo Kyiv or Panathinaikos lift a European Cup in the next few years? Can we picture Leicester or West Ham as the next Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest of the 2020s or 2030s? Yes, we can. And that’s exciting.”
Absolutely, the healthy competition aspect will become way more exciting in domestic and European competitions. Whilst on the other hand the Super League will become quite tedious, how many times will American and Asian fans want to tune in to Manchester United vs Real Madrid for the 10th meeting in 2 years? I feel for the real fans of the top 6 sides who will see their clubs diminish through this as I really can't see any longevity in it.

What has to happen is UEFA and the other European leagues need to implement something to stop other teams from joining and it will slowly die and there will be nothing funnier than seeing that happen.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 19-04-2021, 04:09 PM

ThatGingerGuy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThatGingerGuy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThatGingerGuy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThatGingerGuy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThatGingerGuy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThatGingerGuy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThatGingerGuy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThatGingerGuy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThatGingerGuy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThatGingerGuy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThatGingerGuy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Steve Parish about to speak to John Piennar on Times Radio about the European Super League.
Old 19-04-2021, 04:10 PM
Ichiro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
Absolutely, the healthy competition aspect will become way more exciting in domestic and European competitions. Whilst on the other hand the Super League will become quite tedious, how many times will American and Asian fans want to tune in to Manchester United vs Real Madrid for the 10th meeting in 2 years? I feel for the real fans of the top 6 sides who will see their clubs diminish through this as I really can't see any longevity in it.

What has to happen is UEFA and the other European leagues need to implement something to stop other teams from joining and it will slowly die and there will be nothing funnier than seeing that happen.
Americans tune in to watch their teams play the same teams again and again and again and again and again. I think the Yankees play the Red Sox something like 18 times a year.

Although this whole thing does give the me the chance to post this