Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 19-04-2021, 04:11 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGingerGuy View Post
Steve Parish about to speak to John Piennar on Times Radio about the European Super League.
He was brilliant on 5live this morning when talking about it.

Vision for Bangladesh. Please donate if you can

www.visionforbangladesh.org
Old 19-04-2021, 04:14 PM

Louis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
He was brilliant on 5live this morning when talking about it.
Yes, I heard it. I can't remember not being impressed when hearing him talk

CamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm all in favour if the prem can retain decent TV rights cash. No more plastic clubs or their plastic fans. It might feel like the old days when we could come third in the top flight.

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Steve Parish about to speak to John Piennar on Times Radio about the European Super League.
Piennar just made a point about whether it was legal to have such a closed system. I wondered earlier about when Lloyds and TSB had to split as it was deemed unfair as they cornered the market, could this situation have legal similarities?
Old 19-04-2021, 04:15 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
Very true

Vision for Bangladesh. Please donate if you can

www.visionforbangladesh.org
Old 19-04-2021, 04:15 PM

david sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
John Pienaar Palace fan too of course
Old 19-04-2021, 04:16 PM

ThatGingerGuy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThatGingerGuy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThatGingerGuy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThatGingerGuy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThatGingerGuy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThatGingerGuy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThatGingerGuy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThatGingerGuy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThatGingerGuy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThatGingerGuy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThatGingerGuy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
We are incredibly lucky to have him as a Chairman. There have been some recent frustrations - particularly over season tickets over the pandemic but ultimately I believe he has the club's best interests at heart and that includes the fans, not simply a bank balance.
Yes, the bank balance matters and he wouldn't be a good chairman if he didn't but there is a concern for the long term future of the club.
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Is there a replay anywhere of SP's interview?
Genius

joyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.H.Plimmy View Post
Because people are objecting to market-driven progression on ethical grounds. Any World Cup held in Qatar (and furthered by disgraceful activities) is clearly an event supported by commercial incentives put before compelling ethical counter concerns.

Watch it, by all means, but be under no illusions what that enables.
I agree with pretty much everything you're saying.

When I was growing up I thought the worst thing that could happen was the club going out of existence (as appeared to have happened to Accrington Stanley some years before I was born). Second was losing your home (Charlton, Wimbledon). I hadn't yet realized that your club could simply be moved like Milton Keynes FC. But what I never saw coming was the idea that the competitions themselves could be devalued; that the FA Cup would stop being the FA Cup; the league stop being the league.

Noades bears some responsibility for this. Much as I enjoyed the ZDS win part of it felt wrong; like children dressing up to replay the FA Cup final. And it's just gotten worse ever sine then. Who knows where this will end--perhaps even the World Cup will lose its magic. But then, as you say Plimmy, in watching it we are all of us guilty of supporting a truly disgusting venture, which is basically exchanging money for dead construction workers. **** it I hate modern life.
Old 19-04-2021, 04:17 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamberleyEagle View Post
I'm all in favour if the prem can retain decent TV rights cash. No more plastic clubs or their plastic fans. It might feel like the old days when we could come third in the top flight.
They cannot. The vast majority of the money comes from the plastic clubs and plastic fans. Without them Premier League money would be tiny.

Though it would be a bit of a shock for a lot of EPL players who couldn’t get a gig with the big boys.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 19-04-2021, 04:18 PM

ThatGingerGuy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThatGingerGuy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThatGingerGuy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThatGingerGuy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThatGingerGuy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThatGingerGuy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThatGingerGuy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThatGingerGuy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThatGingerGuy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThatGingerGuy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThatGingerGuy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Parish: 'Even the things that were going to happen today (Champions League changes) were abhorrent but they were being pushed through by stealth'
'Gut feeling is that it won't happen'
Old 19-04-2021, 04:20 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamberleyEagle View Post
Depends what you call decent.

The ramifications of a huge drop in TV money can only lead to a huge drop in players wages and transfer fees. No more very ordinary players getting 40 or 50 grand a week. The very best players left at the clubs left behind might get moves to Super League Clubs (unlucky Wilf, you missed the boat) but players from the likes of Leicester will be off. Those left behind will soon have to get used to 20K a week IMO.
Old 19-04-2021, 04:22 PM

Parish: 'We wouldn't want govt to be overly involved in the game but they've made it clear that if we can't get our house in order they might intervene.'
'We've given ourselves a problem we didn't have yesterday'
'This is another example of if you ignore the fans that things can turn very bad for you'
'I don't believe UEFA should be organising the game and arranging tournament's for profit'
'Must be based on merit, not some gerrymandered version of history'
Old 19-04-2021, 04:22 PM

Stats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpalace07 View Post
BBC Sounds...2hr 10mins into Naga Munchetty's show
Old 19-04-2021, 04:23 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Parish going with the jaw jaw better than war war approach.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 19-04-2021, 04:24 PM

Louis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpalace07 View Post
He was on the Naga Munchetty show.

You can listen here … starts at 2.10. (You can have to register with the BBC) ...

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats74 View Post
BBC Sounds...2hr 10mins into Naga Munchetty's show
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
'This is another example of if you ignore the fans that things can turn very bad for you'
I find that particular comment interesting when he went deafeningly quiet last year over season tickets
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Parish going with the jaw jaw better than war war approach.
They have to. They fight, they lose. Gloriously perhaps, but they’ll still lose.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 19-04-2021, 04:25 PM
Ichiro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
I find that particular comment interesting when he went deafeningly quiet last year over season tickets
And shafting a load of E block.