Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 19-04-2021, 04:01 PM

Ajedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
Question for Nathe or anyone in the know; if someone in this situation turned up at a mass vaccination centre without an appointment would they get their 2nd shot if they had available Pfizer doses?
Thank you, I have been trying to find that out but again no one appears
to know the answer, I also donít know how to find out which centres are
administering Pfizer & obviously if they have any spare, Iíd happily drive
my parents anywhere to get one.
Old 19-04-2021, 04:28 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie_porter View Post
I haven't heard anything about my second dose and the NHS website says I'm not eligible for one
Have you clicked on the bit that says 'Manage my Appointments'?

I've just been through that myself and managed to book in the second dose, it will literally be 12 weeks from my 1st.
Old 19-04-2021, 04:32 PM

ollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
Have you clicked on the bit that says 'Manage my Appointments'?

I've just been through that myself and managed to book in the second dose, it will literally be 12 weeks from my 1st.
Called the GP after I posted this and they were surprised I hadn't been contacted. Got it on Sat. And as I had minimal side effects last time round, I'm expecting the worst at the weekend!
Old 19-04-2021, 04:32 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajedman View Post
It really is. The government has repeatedly stated the 2nd jab should be at
12 weeks, my parents are nearly at 14 weeks & are feeling really frightened that they
are at risk again, we only just persuaded them to step back into some sort of life again after
hardly venturing for the last year.
I assume you get the message when trying what I said above?

I take it you have tried 119 who are the ones who have told you to contact the GP?

Sounds like bullshit pass the buck crap which is not fair!
Old 19-04-2021, 04:42 PM

bailey1965 is playing for a contract
Quote:
Thank you, I have been trying to find that out but again no one appears
to know the answer, I also donít know how to find out which centres are
administering Pfizer & obviously if they have any spare, Iíd happily drive
my parents anywhere to get one.
Did you get a response back from the mp?
Old 19-04-2021, 04:42 PM

Palace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Is it looking like a minority of us were given the date and time for the second jab when we booked the first one?
I think vaccine centres give you both dates, GP practices and the like contact you for second jab. True for me as I used the new vaccine enter in Chatham last week and booked 2nd at the same time. Could be way off with this information as my mother told me that...
Old 19-04-2021, 04:46 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace Kebab View Post
I think vaccine centres give you both dates, GP practices and the like contact you for second jab. True for me as I used the new vaccine enter in Chatham last week and booked 2nd at the same time. Could be way off with this information as my mother told me that...
I think you're probably right. I bypassed my impressively f*cking useless GP. Francis Crick Institute for me. 2nd AZ jab on Wednesday.
Old 19-04-2021, 05:03 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace Kebab View Post
I think vaccine centres give you both dates, GP practices and the like contact you for second jab. ...
That tallies with ours and others experience
Old 19-04-2021, 05:13 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
What happens, even if it is possible, if you get a different vaccine for each of the doses?

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 19-04-2021, 05:14 PM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
What happens, even if it is possible, if you get a different vaccine for each of the doses?
You canít (unless by accident I suppose)

Theyíre not mixing vaccines
Old 19-04-2021, 05:51 PM

Ajedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
I assume you get the message when trying what I said above?

I take it you have tried 119 who are the ones who have told you to contact the GP?

Sounds like bullshit pass the buck crap which is not fair!
Trying to book 2nd jab by the NHS website tells me to contact gp.
GP tells me they have no Pfizer available & no known date for next delivery.

I have not tried 119 but Iíll give it a go. Thank you for the suggestion.
Old 19-04-2021, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey1965 View Post
No not yet.
Old 19-04-2021, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey1965 View Post

My mistake, yes I have just found an email from earlier today,
all it says is Farley Road is working very hard to rectify the situation.

Did you have any joy ?
Old 19-04-2021, 06:20 PM

bailey1965 is playing for a contract
Quote:
No not yet.
I emailed my mp as I said I would and got a response back on Friday evening saying he would contact the NHS and department for health on my behalf as he was concerned by my comments about the pfizer shortage we are experiencing.
I am also in contact with pals (patient advice liaison service) NHS South West London ccg which covers Croydon, they deal with complaints and issues with hospitals and gp surgeries. You can email them at.
contactus@swlondon.nhs.uk
Tell them of your current issues and concerns regarding your parents.
It will be 15 weeks this coming Saturday my mum has been waiting for her pfizer jab, I have given up contacting the gp surgery! I wait to see if I get answers this week before I decide to escalate further.
Old 19-04-2021, 06:32 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
From the Guardian:

EU may not renew vaccine contract with AstraZeneca over delivery shortfalls
Jon Henley Jon Henley
Thierry Breton, the European commissioner responsible for the bloc’s vaccine supply, has said the EU may not renew its contract with AstraZeneca because of persistent shortfalls in the Anglo-Swedish company’s deliveries.

“We are pragmatic,” Breton told French TV station BFM-TV. “My priority, as the person in charge of vaccine deliveries, is that those we have contracts with deliver the quantities stipulated at the time stipulated.”

Breton said AstraZeneca had committed to supply 120m doses to the EU in the first quarter of 2021 but had delivered just 30m, while the company had already cut its 180m-dose second-quarter commitment to 70m. Its contract with the bloc expires at the end of June.

“Nothing is definitive and we will continue to negotiate,” Breton said, adding that any final decision would “not be related to an epidemiological or medical reason – the data shows the AstraZeneca vaccine’s benefits are huge compared with the illness”.

The commission president, Ursula von der Leyen, announced last week that the bloc would receive an extra 50m doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine in the second quarter, partly making up the AstraZeneca shortfall, and confirmed the commission was in talks for a new contract for 1.8bn doses in 2022 and 2023.

“We need to focus on technologies that have proven their worth,” von der Leyen said, adding that Pfizer/BioNTech “has proven to be a reliable partner. It has delivered on its commitments, and it is responsive to our needs.”
Old 20-04-2021, 05:34 AM

Kevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post

Quite possibly you get the best protection of all. Itís been done before with other illnesses and itís being looked at now for Covid I believe. Thereís just not enough trial data yet to prove safety and efficacy
Old 20-04-2021, 06:07 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
From the Guardian:

EU may not renew vaccine contract with AstraZeneca over delivery shortfalls
Jon Henley Jon Henley
Thierry Breton, the European commissioner responsible for the bloc’s vaccine supply, has said the EU may not renew its contract with AstraZeneca because of persistent shortfalls in the Anglo-Swedish company’s deliveries.

“We are pragmatic,” Breton told French TV station BFM-TV. “My priority, as the person in charge of vaccine deliveries, is that those we have contracts with deliver the quantities stipulated at the time stipulated.”

Breton said AstraZeneca had committed to supply 120m doses to the EU in the first quarter of 2021 but had delivered just 30m, while the company had already cut its 180m-dose second-quarter commitment to 70m. Its contract with the bloc expires at the end of June.

“Nothing is definitive and we will continue to negotiate,” Breton said, adding that any final decision would “not be related to an epidemiological or medical reason – the data shows the AstraZeneca vaccine’s benefits are huge compared with the illness”.

The commission president, Ursula von der Leyen, announced last week that the bloc would receive an extra 50m doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine in the second quarter, partly making up the AstraZeneca shortfall, and confirmed the commission was in talks for a new contract for 1.8bn doses in 2022 and 2023.

“We need to focus on technologies that have proven their worth,” von der Leyen said, adding that Pfizer/BioNTech “has proven to be a reliable partner. It has delivered on its commitments, and it is responsive to our needs.”
Presumably it would be a good result for the UK were that to happen.
Old 20-04-2021, 06:28 AM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Second AZ jab in the bag. Again no reaction which is great. I put it down to the 3 grands worth of Infliximab being pumped into me every 8 weeks for my crohns.

That and the fact I had covid last December.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 20-04-2021, 06:33 AM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever View Post
Second AZ jab in the bag. Again no reaction which is great. I put it down to the 3 grands worth of Infliximab being pumped into me every 8 weeks for my crohns.

That and the fact I had covid last December.
I thought anecdotally, people who had already suffered with Covid seemed to react worse to the vaccine ?
Old 20-04-2021, 06:33 AM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
Any rumours or suggestions of when bookings will open up for over 40s?