Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 02-03-2006, 10:20 AM

magician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Rory Ginty....what happened to him?

i was working with a bloke last night who asked me if remembered him as he had played in the same side as him back in galway,

all i can really remember about him was that he played down the left and had lots of hair!

we love you ,we love you , we love you!!!
thank you from the bottom of my heart
Old 02-03-2006, 01:45 PM

One Step Down would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningOne Step Down would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningOne Step Down would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningOne Step Down would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningOne Step Down would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningOne Step Down would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningOne Step Down would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningOne Step Down would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningOne Step Down would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningOne Step Down would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningOne Step Down would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
He was really tipped for the top -- one of a pretty good youth team around 1995. We had him down the left and Tony Scully down the right, and a lot of people felt one or both were nailed on to become top class wingers. Does anybody else remember the Youth Cup semi final (or quarter final) around that time, vs. West Ham at Plough Lane. They had Rio Ferdinand in their team and at least one other player (can't remember who) who went on to become major league. I think we had Bjorn Enquist and Robert Quinn in the middle feeding those two out wide.

As I recall, Ginty just never made it, not even in the lower divisions. He played a for few conference type sides from memory but never better than that. Maybe I'm wrong though? Looked a good player to me and yes, he had a lot of hair.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:40 PM
Yehmon, oo...

joe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
i remember him making a few sub appearances in the 97/98 Prem season, the one against Liverpool being the more notable.

I think he went to Palace Youth FC (Brentford), but after that I don't know
Old 02-03-2006, 08:39 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is here
He played a few first team games and was awful.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:46 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
I thought Ginty went back to Ireland.... or was that Scully?
Old 02-03-2006, 08:48 PM
In exile...

geeza worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittergeeza worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittergeeza worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittergeeza worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittergeeza worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittergeeza worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittergeeza worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittergeeza worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittergeeza worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittergeeza worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittergeeza worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitter
Quote:
Originally posted by One Step Down
who went on to become major league.

Old 03-03-2006, 05:51 PM

Teagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I remember him coming on agaisnt Liverpool - resembled Michael Owen, sadly only in height.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:30 AM

Weald Palace is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsWeald Palace is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsWeald Palace is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsWeald Palace is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsWeald Palace is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsWeald Palace is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsWeald Palace is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsWeald Palace is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsWeald Palace is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsWeald Palace is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsWeald Palace is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
I remember Brian Launders, he looked pure class at youth level down at Mitcham, another Irish Lad.
Old 13-03-2006, 06:00 PM
odious little scroat

Location: Turning the streets of Wallington into a Red N Blue paradise
c_block_lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsc_block_lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsc_block_lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsc_block_lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsc_block_lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsc_block_lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsc_block_lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsc_block_lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsc_block_lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsc_block_lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsc_block_lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Quote:
Originally posted by Weald Palace
I remember Brian Launders, he looked pure class at youth level down at Mitcham, another Irish Lad.
Then had an one game return during the 1999/2000 season. Who was the other lad who played that game @ Portsmouth away.

Launders and?

If they've suffered a bit of distress this weekend... good.

Please allow decent Palace fans like c_block_lad his moment of happiness. He's living on the front line, and doing a marvellous job.

Keep the striped flag flying high.
Old 13-03-2006, 06:04 PM
odious little scroat

Location: Turning the streets of Wallington into a Red N Blue paradise
c_block_lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsc_block_lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsc_block_lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsc_block_lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsc_block_lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsc_block_lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsc_block_lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsc_block_lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsc_block_lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsc_block_lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsc_block_lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
P.S

Just checked Soccerbase, it was David Lee of ex Chelscum fame.

If they've suffered a bit of distress this weekend... good.

Please allow decent Palace fans like c_block_lad his moment of happiness. He's living on the front line, and doing a marvellous job.

Keep the striped flag flying high.
Old 13-03-2006, 06:11 PM

Lee Badbuy knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfLee Badbuy knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfLee Badbuy knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfLee Badbuy knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfLee Badbuy knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfLee Badbuy knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfLee Badbuy knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfLee Badbuy knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfLee Badbuy knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfLee Badbuy knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfLee Badbuy knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelf
Quote:
Originally posted by Weald Palace
Yep I have a mate at Man city he is the director of their Youth acadamey and the guy responsible for all the talent now coming through, he has been there 7 years.
He told me back in 1994 when he was then at everton that he had seen Launders in Ireland and told his board that he was the one player they just had to get and how gutted he was when he came to Palace.

Just goes to show how even the best talent spotters can be deceived
Old 19-03-2006, 10:02 PM

palace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Lee Badbuy
Yep I have a mate at Man city he is the director of their Youth acadamey and the guy responsible for all the talent now coming through, he has been there 7 years.
He told me back in 1994 when he was then at everton that he had seen Launders in Ireland and told his board that he was the one player they just had to get and how gutted he was when he came to Palace.

Just goes to show how even the best talent spotters can be deceived
I happened to know a few of these guys and a few others at the club during their time there. I was lead to believe that they did not go on to bigger things becuase of their attitude. Very sad if true, they believed there own hype and didnt put the work in.
Old 19-03-2006, 11:28 PM
Watching The Reserves Again

arussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Ginty is playing in Ireland somewhere as far as I know. Scully is currently at Crawley Town.
Old 20-03-2006, 01:12 PM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
He started just 2 matches and came on as a substitute in 4 more, all in the 97/98 Premiership season. His debut was a sub in the 0-3 home defeat to Liverpool in December. He then started 2 consecutive matches; at home to Southampton on Boxing Day (the 1-1 draw with the infamous Zohar penalty) and away to Blackburn 2 days later (2-2).

3 more substitute appearances came in The FA Cup 3rd Round 2-0 win at home to Scunthorpe, 0-1 away to Barnsley and finally that awful 0-3 home defeat against Wimbledon, immortalized by that Leaburn v Ismael duel.

A first team career spanning less than 2 months; he never played in England again.
Old 20-03-2006, 02:57 PM
Yehmon, oo...

joe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
didn't he come on against Sheffield Wednesday, when Clinton scored on his debut?
Old 20-03-2006, 07:47 PM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by joe walker
didn't he come on against Sheffield Wednesday, when Clinton scored on his debut?
The other substitute with Clinton that afternoon was Tony Folan. Unlike Clinton, that was his only ever appearance for Palace. He subsequently became one of several Palace rejects/hopefuls that Noades snapped up for Brentford when he was playing Championship Manager at Griffin Park.

Considering how tight-fisted he was at Palace whenever it came to wages or transfer fees, the 100,000 that he stumped up for Folan on the basis of just a few minutes against Sheffield Wednesday that afternoon sounds surprisingly profligate. Like Ginty, after being released by Bentford, he never played another senior game in England.
Old 20-03-2006, 11:01 PM
Watching The Reserves Again

arussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Folan was a decent player. I was at Brentford several seasons back when he scored a cracker from the half way line against Cambridge, live on Sky TV.

He was homesick, and asked to be released from his contract.
Old 21-03-2006, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by arussell
He was homesick, and asked to be released from his contract.
He was from Lewisham !
Old 21-03-2006, 10:59 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by ElwissAtMemphis
He was from Lewisham !
Well, Brentford is a long way from Lewisham.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 22-03-2006, 02:49 PM

johnny belongs to Olliejohnny belongs to Olliejohnny belongs to Olliejohnny belongs to Olliejohnny belongs to Olliejohnny belongs to Olliejohnny belongs to Olliejohnny belongs to Olliejohnny belongs to Olliejohnny belongs to Olliejohnny belongs to Ollie
Rory Ginty is back in Ireland,not sure who he plays for but he also works in I.T for a large pensions/insurance company in Dublin,or he did last time I heard.