Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 05-10-2007, 07:10 PM
Irish blood English Heart

OscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm a big fan of Steve Earle. Check him out.
“You ever noticed how people who believe in Creationism look really unevolved? You ever noticed that? Eyes real close together, eyebrow ridges, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day" Yeah, looks like He rushed it.”

Amid concrete and clay, and general decay, nature must still find a way...
Old 05-10-2007, 07:11 PM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Sussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I quite like what I've heard of Johnny Paycheck. Cracker ain't bad either.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:11 PM
hockey mummy

Lizzy belongs to OllieLizzy belongs to OllieLizzy belongs to OllieLizzy belongs to OllieLizzy belongs to OllieLizzy belongs to OllieLizzy belongs to OllieLizzy belongs to OllieLizzy belongs to OllieLizzy belongs to OllieLizzy belongs to Ollie
Quote:
Originally posted by Clapham Rover
100% C&W, no question. "This is My Year for Mexico" - one of the great tunes, lasts about 2' 15" like proper pop songs should!
I like "on the other side of me", "don't it make my brown eyes blue" and "talking in your sleep".
Old 05-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Fans of Hank Williams, Sr., and of country done with a new slant should try and get hold of The The's Hanky Panky. Eleven great covers of Williams tracks - it shows you how high regard Matt Johnson holds him when such an inveterate athiest sings 'I Saw the Light' with such passion.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:48 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Lizzy
Just found this on Wikipedia "Cantrell reached wider recognition in 2000 with her debut LP, Not the Tremblin' Kind. The LP reached the attention of fellow DJ John Peel, who wrote of it, "[It is] my favourite record of the last ten years and possibly my life". She went on to record five sessions for Peel and dedicates Humming by the Flowered Vine (2005) to his memory."

He wasn't wrong - it is truly fantastic.
We put out Laura's last record. She's great.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:53 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
So what's the difference between Country and Western?
Old 05-10-2007, 11:07 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by DANGERMOUSE
Fans of Hank Williams, Sr., and of country done with a new slant should try and get hold of The The's Hanky Panky. Eleven great covers of Williams tracks - it shows you how high regard Matt Johnson holds him when such an inveterate athiest sings 'I Saw the Light' with such passion.
It is a strange album, I am a fan of both Hank Williams and The The but I can't make up my mind on Hanky Panky.

I think that I haven't given it a fair listen because the lyrics are so different from what I am used to from The The and the music is so different from what I am used to from Hank Williams that I can't concentrate on just listening to it in its own right, maybe I will give it another go.

How about the late Lee Hazelwood? Although he is best known for his stuff with Nancy Sinatra, I think of him as a Country artist. "If it sounds Country man, thats what it is, its a country song" as Kris Kristofferson once mumbled.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:40 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
I love country, expecially alternative, rock n rollish genres like cowpunk and punkabilly:

Jason and the Scorchers (I've championed them on here before)
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Jason Ringenberg (solo he's more cow than punk)

The Ditchdiggers (do a flaming version of Amazing Grace and an hysterical country tune about a guy who can't afford a car called Belle Air)

Tommy Womack (lyrically the new Johnny Cash)

The Johnnys (a kiwi/aussie band)

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 06-10-2007, 01:18 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I've been exposed to a lot having lived here so long, and hate to admit it, but I find it hard not to like. (Some good looking women for sure)

I just don't like the stereotyped people that are obsessed with it though.

(I guess if they really are all from the same mold that is not stereotyping?)

Ironically Los Angeles does not have one single Country Music Station anymore….. well one, but lets not get pedantic!
Old 06-10-2007, 01:27 AM
Sad Moon Risin'

Location: 3951 miles (6358 km) (3433 nautical miles) from Selhurst
jlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It's the worst 'music' on earth.
"It hurts us here," Jose Luis Luviano, a fan in Mexico City, said as he punched his chest. Tears melted the Mexican flags painted on his cheeks. "There has to be an end to this disgrace where (Americans) treat us like rats and idiots."
-WC 2002 US 2 - 0 Mexico

Facebook
Old 06-10-2007, 01:40 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
In a world that classes hip hop as music, I find your claim laughable...

In my experience 95% of the hatred of country music comes from ignorance. Nothing wrong with being ignorant of a form of entertainment but insulting anything from a position of ignorance is prejudice.

BTW, I'm not accusing you of being ignorant, jl (it's quite possible that, being from the midwest you've been exposed to a lot of c&w) but your comment is typical of the mindset frequently encountered amongst the ignorant.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 06-10-2007, 01:46 AM
Sad Moon Risin'

jlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just my opinion
"It hurts us here," Jose Luis Luviano, a fan in Mexico City, said as he punched his chest. Tears melted the Mexican flags painted on his cheeks. "There has to be an end to this disgrace where (Americans) treat us like rats and idiots."
-WC 2002 US 2 - 0 Mexico

Facebook
Old 06-10-2007, 04:16 AM

xmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by jlmatthews
It's the worst 'music' on earth.
I save that for Yoko Ono.
Old 06-10-2007, 04:19 AM
Sad Moon Risin'

Quote:
Originally posted by xmasape
Point taken.
-WC 2002 US 2 - 0 Mexico

Facebook
Old 06-10-2007, 04:20 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by hughff
BTW, I'm not accusing you of being ignorant, jl (it's quite possible that, being from the midwest you've been exposed to a lot of c&w) but your comment is typical of the mindset frequently encountered amongst the ignorant.
JLM is a lot of things, but I don't think ignorant is one of them.

JAT
Old 06-10-2007, 05:00 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

As I said, I wasn't accusing him, because I've read his posts before, just noting the spooky similarity.

Old 06-10-2007, 07:53 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by xmasape
You've obviously never heard Yoko Live at the Grand Ole Opry.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:16 AM
Anonymous
Anonymous Coward

I don't hate any other form of music as a form like I despise country music.

Sad, but true.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:29 AM
Graffiti Arsist

Micky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by RickyB
I don't hate any other form of music as a form like I despise country music.

Sad, but true.
Would you ever allow country music to be played in your residence?
Old 06-10-2007, 08:36 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Lots of great stuff out there. Lucinda Williams, Emmylou Harris, Alan Jackson, George Jones

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.