Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 04-12-2010, 01:09 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here

Left to right : Des McCarthy, Roger Maughan, Ricky Bascombe, Andrew Cunningham, Lenny Prince, Mark Lindsay, Henry Watson and Micky Parker.

Bit of guesswork here - as I was about 8 years old when this picture was taken - and I'm purely going on old programmes I have rather than actually knowing any of these players at all - apart from Mark Lindsay who I do actually remember! That and he looks incredibly like one of the Jackson Five.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:40 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Thanks for those scans jone-zee.

Really boring question, but who on earth were "Roy Peskett Ltd., Chancery Lane, London, W.C.2" and what link did they have to CPFC?
Old 05-12-2010, 10:41 AM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy
hanks for those scans jone-zee.

Really boring question, but who on earth were "Roy Peskett Ltd., Chancery Lane, London, W.C.2" and what link did they have to CPFC?

Roy Peskett wrote "The Crystal Palace Story" which was published just after Palace got promoted to the top flight in 1969 - the first book properly detailing the history (up to 1969!) of Crystal Palace FC.

Roy was obviously a supporter as he described following Palace even before they moved to Selhurst Park - describing how he and other kids used to muck around on the slopes of Selhurst before the ground was built (it used to be a rubbish tip!) and they would chuck broken bricks at each other and slide up and down the banks on sheets of corrugated iron!

Roy Peskett used to write aritcles in the Palace matchday programme in the early 70's too.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:25 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Had a great set of pictures on the back of that book, 6 players, pre-war & post war.

Johnny Byrne, his transfer fee was 58k

John Sewell, Captained the club in to the first division

Terry Long, Record number of Appearances

Peter Simpson, record goalscorer

Albert Harry, played over 400 games

& 1 other, whose name I can't recall, player & trainer for 26 years..
Old 06-12-2010, 09:49 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76
& 1 other, whose name I can't recall, player & trainer for 26 years..
Charlie Simpson?
Old 06-12-2010, 10:05 AM

Harry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is here
Bob greener?
Old 06-12-2010, 10:08 AM

Harry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is here
Charlie Simpson was the physio during Big Mals time and he was physio to tennis players such as Billie Jean King.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:11 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP Satellite
Roy Peskett wrote "The Crystal Palace Story" which was published just after Palace got promoted to the top flight in 1969 - the first book properly detailing the history (up to 1969!) of Crystal Palace FC.

Roy was obviously a supporter as he described following Palace even before they moved to Selhurst Park - describing how he and other kids used to muck around on the slopes of Selhurst before the ground was built (it used to be a rubbish tip!) and they would chuck broken bricks at each other and slide up and down the banks on sheets of corrugated iron!

Roy Peskett used to write aritcles in the Palace matchday programme in the early 70's too.
Cheers CP S
Old 01-01-2011, 10:33 PM

Cheshire FFS MurrayCheshire FFS MurrayCheshire FFS MurrayCheshire FFS MurrayCheshire FFS MurrayCheshire FFS MurrayCheshire FFS MurrayCheshire FFS MurrayCheshire FFS MurrayCheshire FFS MurrayCheshire FFS Murray
Des McCarthy spent a few years coaching second tier non league (diadora etc) in the 80's - best coach I worked with - Chipstead, Netherne etc.

Great to know that Lenny is still local - he was one of the first palace players i ever touched ("shook hands with", calm down baldy ) - Anglo Itlaian game.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:12 PM

Woody Boyd is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP Satellite

Left to right : Des McCarthy, Roger Maughan, Ricky Bascombe, Andrew Cunningham, Lenny Prince, Mark Lindsay, Henry Watson and Micky Parker.

Bit of guesswork here - as I was about 8 years old when this picture was taken - and I'm purely going on old programmes I have rather than actually knowing any of these players at all - apart from Mark Lindsay who I do actually remember! That and he looks incredibly like one of the Jackson Five.
LtR ? (but it's not Des McCarthy)/Jim McAughtrie/Ricky Bascombe/Bryce McCutcheon/Len Prince/Mark Lindsay/Harry Watson/Mike Parker
Old 01-06-2012, 01:10 AM

fff is playing for a contract
len prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by jone-zee
There is a bloke who comes in my local once in a while,seems a bit strange bit of a loner likes a beer shall we say. I knew he hailed from Wearside as he has a Macam badge tatt on his arm.

Now as Im a refugee from my local at present I visited another watering hole last night and this bloke was in there. We got chatting and he claims that he ended up down this way as he joined Palace late 60's. He wouldnt tell me his Surname but he did have quite significant knowledge of all things CPFC. He said that he was replaced by Kenny Samsom. His 1st name is Lenny.

Any ideas as to who he could be?

Cheers
JZ

len prince from wear side played under malcom alison, i know him because
he married a southener ,local girl stayed around here carshalton and coached local kids soccer.look up len prince.worked in pationing as a salesman i think,,top geezer back then!!!!!!!
Old 02-01-2021, 07:04 PM
Probationary User

C.Prince : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineC.Prince : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineC.Prince : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineC.Prince : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineC.Prince : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineC.Prince : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineC.Prince : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineC.Prince : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineC.Prince : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineC.Prince : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineC.Prince : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Lenny Prince was my dad and he sadly passed away recently. If anyone has stories or photos from his time with the club it would be lovely to see or hear them. It's really nice to know that people met him around Carshalton and take interest in the lesser known players as football was always a massive part of his life.
Old 03-01-2021, 01:01 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Sorry for your loss

RIP Lenny
Old 03-01-2021, 05:35 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Prince View Post
Lenny Prince was my dad and he sadly passed away recently. If anyone has stories or photos from his time with the club it would be lovely to see or hear them. It's really nice to know that people met him around Carshalton and take interest in the lesser known players as football was always a massive part of his life.
Very sorry for your loss

RIP Lenny .
Old 03-01-2021, 06:33 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Sorry for your loss.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 11-01-2021, 01:04 PM

Ockleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Prince View Post
Have sent you an email