Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 09-12-2010, 04:21 PM
The Sun Is Often Out

Trist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for you
Alan Smith

Just walked past me at Purley Station on the train to London Bridge. Anyone know what he's up to nowadays career wise?
Old 09-12-2010, 04:30 PM

zuper zalace is fond of sand dunes and salty airzuper zalace is fond of sand dunes and salty airzuper zalace is fond of sand dunes and salty airzuper zalace is fond of sand dunes and salty airzuper zalace is fond of sand dunes and salty airzuper zalace is fond of sand dunes and salty airzuper zalace is fond of sand dunes and salty airzuper zalace is fond of sand dunes and salty airzuper zalace is fond of sand dunes and salty airzuper zalace is fond of sand dunes and salty airzuper zalace is fond of sand dunes and salty air
he's a ticket inspector for southern
Old 09-12-2010, 05:00 PM

Harry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is here
Did you say eye eye Alan
Old 10-12-2010, 04:01 AM
thanks for coming

laggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuper zalace
he's a ticket inspector for southern
did you hide in the khazi?
Old 10-12-2010, 06:25 AM
Banned by Moderators

the kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
He turned down an offer from Newcastle.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:56 AM

CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON
Whilst he failed the second time at Palace, I like the bloke.

I used to work at Purley station and talk to him a lot. He even gave a few of us 20quid to share when he lost his passport which we found.

Career-wise, he runs a sorts consultancy and insurance business with Alec Stewart.

He was also Chris Coleman's agent. He told me before it broke as official news that he was going to Real Sociedad.

Another thing is the bloke has a fantastic sense of humour.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:59 AM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is here
Don't think he's doing anything now Southgate and Coleman no longer have managerial careers for him to leach off of.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:14 AM

Mr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He's trying to get Coleman either the Wales or Larissa job To view the link you have to Register or Login

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodstoneEagle
Being the first team to beat them there will never go away, it's like taking the virginity of someone you don't like's sister, just so you can rub it in their face.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:16 AM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
And is a regular in the Dukes Head in Wallington as well.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:46 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
He's always got one eye on the game.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Hitman

Cartoon Head lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnCartoon Head lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnCartoon Head lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnCartoon Head lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnCartoon Head lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnCartoon Head lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnCartoon Head lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnCartoon Head lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnCartoon Head lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnCartoon Head lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnCartoon Head lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trist
Just walked past me at Purley Station on the train to London Bridge. Anyone know what he's up to nowadays career wise?
he plays for newcastle,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,came on as sub against west brom on sunday.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:02 PM

Budgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychokiller
Don't think he's doing anything now Southgate and Coleman no longer have managerial careers for him to leach off of.
He does not have to work, seriously loaded from his business activities prior to being a coach at Palace. It was rumoured that he had more wealth than uncle Ron

He was and is close to Gareth, from the days when Gareth was playing Sunday Youth football and as far as I understood it Gareth was involved in Smithy's company with Alec Stewart

He get's unfair bad press from some sections of the Palace support, a very nice guy and did a great deal for the club. He was a key part of the backroom staff for the cup run in 1990 and 3rd place the next year. Given a bit more luck and support from Ron he would have kept us up in 95/96. The only manager to take us to two cup semi finals in the same season.

Given hindsight anybody would have struggled in Jordan's first season as manager. Steve new it and walked, but Smithy still took us to a cup semi final.

[Malcolm Allison, Flamboyant manager with the fedora hat 1927 - 2010 The Eagles "Godfather" RIP
Old 10-12-2010, 08:08 PM
Hitman

Cartoon Head lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnCartoon Head lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnCartoon Head lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnCartoon Head lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnCartoon Head lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnCartoon Head lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnCartoon Head lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnCartoon Head lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnCartoon Head lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnCartoon Head lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnCartoon Head lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budgie Byrne
He does not have to work, seriously loaded from his business activities prior to being a coach at Palace. It was rumoured that he had more wealth than uncle Ron

He was and is close to Gareth, from the days when Gareth was playing Sunday Youth football and as far as I understood it Gareth was involved in Smithy's company with Alec Stewart

He get's unfair bad press from some sections of the Palace support,
a very nice guy and did a great deal for the club. He was a key part of the backroom staff for the cup run in 1990 and 3rd place the next year. Given a bit more luck and support from Ron he would have kept us up in 95/96. The only manager to take us to two cup semi finals in the same season.

Given hindsight anybody would have struggled in Jordan's first season as manager. Steve new it and walked, but Smithy still took us to a cup semi final.
I know we had a poor season whem he was last in charge,,,,,,,,,,but a lot of fans seem to forget he did actually get us promoted out of this division,plus the cup semi's,,,,,,,,,,,,,,we've certainly had worse managers.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:38 PM

rednbluevegas would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningrednbluevegas would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningrednbluevegas would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningrednbluevegas would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningrednbluevegas would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningrednbluevegas would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningrednbluevegas would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningrednbluevegas would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningrednbluevegas would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningrednbluevegas would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningrednbluevegas would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
He is a top bloke. Loads went on behind the scenes with him and Jordan but he remains a good, decent man.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:57 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010ANDON
Career-wise, he runs a sorts consultancy

He's a pimp ?
Old 11-12-2010, 07:01 AM
Sky full of stars!

Princess came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrincess came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrincess came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrincess came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrincess came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrincess came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrincess came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrincess came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrincess came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrincess came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrincess came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He runs a company with Alec Stewart and they manage a number of cricketers as well people like Chris and Gareth. Alan's wife is one of my best friends.

Officially other mother to Jonny Williams!
Old 11-12-2010, 07:58 AM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
The reason he his not liked is nothing to do with his first spell where ultimately you could argue we had real success. The issue began with him replacing Coppell and then bar another great cup which ended in a farce, he was simply dreadfull as manager. The final straw being the Fulham game where he had virtually given up and seemed to care about them going up more than us going down and we were down - dead as doe-doe. Until Steve Kember came in produced a miracle to keep us up.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:10 AM
Vendere e vincere

Popester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
His first season in charge is one of my favourite. We played great football and had a fantastic attacking team. I think this season proves how difficult it is to get going after admin and that should be kept in mind when looking back at his second spell in charge.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:20 AM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popester
His first season in charge is one of my favourite. We played great football and had a fantastic attacking team. I think this season proves how difficult it is to get going after admin and that should be kept in mind when looking back at his second spell in charge.
He spent loads of money though - far more than Burley. And was able to do so through out the season. It was never gonna be easy but he seemed to be fairly clueless - I can remember really despising him that year far more than any other manager we have had. I and I fully agree 93/94 was dreamland in which he probably doesnt get the credit he deserved - Funny game football.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:22 AM

Stonewall will cross the room to turn the lights down lowStonewall will cross the room to turn the lights down lowStonewall will cross the room to turn the lights down lowStonewall will cross the room to turn the lights down lowStonewall will cross the room to turn the lights down lowStonewall will cross the room to turn the lights down lowStonewall will cross the room to turn the lights down lowStonewall will cross the room to turn the lights down lowStonewall will cross the room to turn the lights down lowStonewall will cross the room to turn the lights down lowStonewall will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse
And is a regular in the Dukes Head in Wallington as well.
I can confirm that, spoken to him on the odd occation.