Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 15-12-2010, 11:31 AM

Mr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels
Alan Smith - April 2001 edition of MOTD Magazine... and I QUOTE...

"This woman claimed she'd had it swinging from a tree on Wimbledon common as the sun went down. I was quite proud of that bit. We were having it 8 times a night- allegedly. I'd been working out at the gym at the time, middle aged menopause and all that, and she said something like 'hes got a brilliant body for his age' FOR HIS AGE?!"

and later in the same pathetic article...

"I like to dice with danger,whether that means heading to Anfield without a couple of my best players or swinging from the trees on Wimbledon common-if that ever happened"

It's good that you are friends with her, she must be a fantastic woman.
The impression I get from that is that someone accused him of something and his response was along the lines of "in your dreams"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodstoneEagle
Being the first team to beat them there will never go away, it's like taking the virginity of someone you don't like's sister, just so you can rub it in their face.
Old 15-12-2010, 11:32 AM
SHUT IT SLAG

Location: We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner
Jack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol
Andy Woodman despised him.
That's because in Woody and Nord, Smith says "Woody?... he's just a c***."
The president of the Commission Mr. Delors said at press conference the other day that he wanted the European Parliament to be the democratic body of the community, he wanted the Commission to be the Executive and he wanted the Council of Ministers to be the Senate.

No. No. No.

Margaret Thatcher
Speech in Houses of Parliament
30th October 1990
Old 15-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Sky full of stars!

Princess came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrincess came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrincess came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrincess came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrincess came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrincess came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrincess came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrincess came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrincess came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrincess came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrincess came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
That's my impression too. I'll refrain from commenting about her publicly!

Officially other mother to Jonny Williams!
Old 15-12-2010, 12:41 PM
Fay Wray

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
So the DNA test that proved she fathered his child was fake then?

Come on - the bloke is an idiot. While at Palace he spouted untold shit and he was a crap manager who took us down once and nearly ruined us a second time.

His record of being a lousy husband is almost irrelevant when faced with his awful management 'career', but it does warrant reply when people post about what a fantastic person he is.

Edit: Sorry she didn't "father his child" - he fathered a child by her.

Last edited by A Wooden Fish On Wheels; 15-12-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old 15-12-2010, 12:56 PM

The Rotta! wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskThe Rotta! wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskThe Rotta! wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskThe Rotta! wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskThe Rotta! wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskThe Rotta! wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskThe Rotta! wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskThe Rotta! wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskThe Rotta! wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskThe Rotta! wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskThe Rotta! wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at dusk
The guy is a lying, cheating, gammy-eyed c unt...

and that opinion I formed prior to his second managerial spell with us. It near ruined my holiday when I found out Jordan had appointed him.
Old 15-12-2010, 01:02 PM
Fay Wray

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
We're not allowed to quote Daily Mail articles on here... otherwise I would link to this --> To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 15-12-2010, 01:48 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
We're not allowed to quote Daily Mail articles on here... otherwise I would link to this --> To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 15-12-2010, 06:30 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Almost as much of **** of a football manager as he is a human being then!
Old 15-12-2010, 08:40 PM
Fay Wray

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Eagle
Almost as much of **** of a football manager as he is a human being then!
Precisely. There seems to be a danger here that people are looking back on his tenure with rose tinted glasses. Let's just put the record straight. He was a shit football manager and an idiot of a man.
Old 15-12-2010, 09:20 PM

AddiscombeCPFC AddiscombeCPFC AddiscombeCPFC AddiscombeCPFC AddiscombeCPFC AddiscombeCPFC AddiscombeCPFC AddiscombeCPFC AddiscombeCPFC AddiscombeCPFC AddiscombeCPFC
Quote:

I never knew about this. I thought the CSA were meant to be tough on absent/non maintenance paying fathers, a bloke at my work is getting absolutely mullered by th CSA for maintenance for his and his ex wifes kid. The bloke is only on about £30kpa but pays something like £550 a month!

Apart from this story, I never understood the vitriol some posters showed towards Smith on here. Undoubtedly he was a bit of a twat, but so were a lot of ex managers. The promotion season under Smith has to go down as one of the best in Palace's history -and as good as the team were, you cant take that away from him.
Old 19-12-2010, 07:52 AM

Eastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Alan Smith, Alan Smith,
Alan Alan Smith
He's got no hair,
But we don't care,
Alan, Alan Smith

Who else admits to singing this-he did get us up and for that I'll give him some credit, if not comment on his personal life or 2nd spell
Old 17-04-2021, 08:30 PM

Louis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is here
Maidstoned Eagle posted a link to this recent long interview with Alan Smith, talking about both his spells with us …

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
This throws a bit of light on his 2nd time here.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 17-04-2021, 08:56 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
Maidstoned Eagle posted a link to this recent long interview with Alan Smith, talking about both his spells with us …
I’m amazed that he’s 74 although I shouldn’t be, I guess.
Old 17-04-2021, 09:00 PM

hulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Always found him to be very pleasant and quick to buy a pint and have a chat.

Edit- Also no one else’s business what he did with his cock. We’re all grown ups here.
Old 18-04-2021, 07:57 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
I’m amazed that he’s 74 although I shouldn’t be, I guess.
I thought he was older actually, more like 80 for some reason! Maybe he should come back for a 3rd spell
Old 18-04-2021, 10:16 AM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
On Simon Jordan - “We were different breeds. I wasn’t used to that shouting or bullying nature that Simon adopted.

Not sure Andy Woodman would agree.
Old 18-04-2021, 10:56 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
I read the article a few weeks ago, and it is a good read. Slightly before I went to Selhursy, but any manager that gets relegated with a team including Martyn, Gordon, Coleman, Shaw, Salako, Southgate, Armstrong, etc, has done a poor job.
Old 18-04-2021, 11:09 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
I read the article a few weeks ago, and it is a good read. Slightly before I went to Selhursy, but any manager that gets relegated with a team including Martyn, Gordon, Coleman, Shaw, Salako, Southgate, Armstrong, etc, has done a poor job.
You are dissing SSC

Vision for Bangladesh. Please donate if you can

www.visionforbangladesh.org