Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 03-02-2013, 06:51 PM
Gigi

Leap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My old man said be a Brighton fan.................
Old 03-02-2013, 06:51 PM
They didn't care enough

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Mullery's a pratt
Mullery's a pratt
hit him on the head with a baseball bat
oh yeah,oh yeah
or
Muller's a wally
Muller's a wally
stab him in the leg with a poisoned brolly
oh yeah,oh yeah
Old 03-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Gigi

Leap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
der der der der-der der der der der-der sh*t
At northern clubs
Old 03-02-2013, 06:58 PM
They didn't care enough

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
I found an old stocking,
And filled it with lead,
I hit an old lady,
right over the head.

Along came a copper,
and asked me my name,
I gave him the answer,
With a bicycle chain.

The Judge said sit down boy,
and dry up your tears,
you're going to borstal,
for 2 or 3 years,

I counted the moon beams,
I counted the stars,
I counted ten thousand,
through those prison bars.

If I was the warden,
and the warden was me,
I'd wake up one morning and set myself free.

But I'm not the warden
and the warden aint me,
so I'll have to stay here till my liberty.

learn those words.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:58 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Mullerys a ****
Mullerys a ****
Hit him on the head with something blunt
Old 03-02-2013, 06:59 PM
Main Stand Maniac

Glen Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGlen Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGlen Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGlen Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGlen Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGlen Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGlen Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGlen Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGlen Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGlen Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGlen Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawn
To the tune of bad moon rising

We are the Crystal Palace Football
We are the Holmesdale Selhurst Park
Don't go out tonight
There's gonna be a fight
Crystal Palace are in town.

or
To a tune like walk on by

F. U.
F. U. C.
F. U. C. us walking down the street you'd better run
Old 03-02-2013, 07:02 PM

crenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by old git
I found an old stocking,
And filled it with lead,
I hit an old lady,
right over the head.

Along came a copper,
and asked me my name,
I gave him the answer,
With a bicycle chain.

The Judge said sit down boy,
and dry up your tears,
you're going to borstal,
for 2 or 3 years,

I counted the moon beams,
I counted the stars,
I counted ten thousand,
through those prison bars.

If I was the warden,
and the warden was me,
I'd wake up one morning and set myself free.

But I'm not the warden
and the warden aint me,
so I'll have to stay here till my liberty.

learn those words.
Gets sung every now and again at away games, although with slightly different words.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:02 PM

lemps2020 is utterly Butterfieldlemps2020 is utterly Butterfieldlemps2020 is utterly Butterfieldlemps2020 is utterly Butterfieldlemps2020 is utterly Butterfieldlemps2020 is utterly Butterfieldlemps2020 is utterly Butterfieldlemps2020 is utterly Butterfieldlemps2020 is utterly Butterfieldlemps2020 is utterly Butterfieldlemps2020 is utterly Butterfield
I Can only remember the first verse and I think it was sung in the early eighties.

He's only a poor littler eagle,
His feathers all tattered and torn,
But one day in the season,
For no F**king reason,
He's going to kick sh*t out of you,
Old 03-02-2013, 07:05 PM

mpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemps2020
I Can only remember the first verse and I think it was sung in the early eighties.

He's only a poor littler eagle,
His feathers all tattered and torn,
But one day in the season,
For no F**king reason,
He's going to kick sh*t out of you,
He's only a poor little seagull
His face is all tattered and torn
He made me feel sick
So I hit him wiv a brick
And now he don't sing anymore .
Old 03-02-2013, 07:06 PM

mpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A G
A G R
A G R O
AGRO !
Old 03-02-2013, 07:08 PM

Carl Veart
Is a goal machine
Old 03-02-2013, 07:10 PM

F**k off MULLERY, you Brighton c** t !!
Not so much a song, but quite a popular saying back in the day
Old 03-02-2013, 07:12 PM

nellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
She wore, she wore, she wore a yellow ribbon,
She wore a yellow ribbon in the merry month of May.
And when, I asked, why she wore that ribbon,
She said it's for the Palace and their going to Wemb-er-ley,
Wem-ber-ley, Wem-ber-ley,
We're the Famous Crystal Palace and we're going to Wem-ber-ley!!
Old 03-02-2013, 07:13 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
You'll never make the station

Also I was only thinking the other day you dont tend to hear "walking down the holmesdale road" much any more
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal

Last edited by redandblue; 03-02-2013 at 07:20 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:14 PM
former Palace Guard

viking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is here
Give Me a P.........
Give me an A............
Give me an L............
Give me an A............
Give me an C............
Give me an E............
Who's gonna win today (or somesuch)

It was rather shorter if no one joined in.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:23 PM

Gollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Can't recall it all....someone fill in the blanks and the rest ??

In your Brighton homes
You look in the dustbin for something to eat
You find a xxx and think it's a treat
In your Brighton homes...
Old 03-02-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum
Can't recall it all....someone fill in the blanks and the rest ??

In your Brighton homes
You find a xxx and think it's a treat
In your Brighton homes...
In your Brighton slums
You find a dead rat and you think it's a treat
In your Brighton slums
Old 03-02-2013, 07:29 PM

IanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is here
He shot,
He come,
All over Mullery's bum
Peter Ward, Peter Ward
Old 03-02-2013, 07:32 PM

liberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
i thought it was a cat
mind you im deaf as a post
Old 03-02-2013, 07:34 PM
Honk

Gosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeagle
My pizza's just arrived. I will be back.

False alarm
Don't remember this one. How does it go?