Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 04-02-2020, 11:11 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
I do get your point, I live a bit down the road and hear more foreign language than English out and about in the town centre.
Its not possible not to feel a stranger in your home town at times.
I feel that’s only possible if you place too much importance on the English identity, cultural differences etc. As opposed to just viewing everyone the same regardless of what language they’re speaking, what they look like etc

I think the majority of people probably fall into the former category to at least some extent, but that doesn’t mean it’s not a negative trait.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 04-02-2020 at 11:20 PM.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:35 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
In terms of FOM didn’t loads of builders benefit in the 70s and 80s going to Germany?
Old 04-02-2020, 11:38 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
Just by speaking English is enough here sometimes,then with my south London accent

I cleaned a whole Terminal and outside cabins last night,doing the same tonight,tomorrow,then the next day...Actually made my guys money yesterday where if something is blocked now on the port they get the money instead of a plumber, $99.99 for maybe 20 mins work,dirty work but honest.

The Gym I have to get back too.
Pleased to hear it Les. Did anyone frown at you cos you were foreign?

I’m guessing it’s a ‘no’, but you know here in engerland; a foreigner cleaning your car or going to the gym is worthy of note.

Last edited by Hpalace; 04-02-2020 at 11:47 PM.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:46 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
I feel thatís only possible if you place too much importance on the English identity, cultural differences etc. As opposed to just viewing everyone the same regardless of what language theyíre speaking, what they look like etc

I think the majority of people probably fall into the former category to at least some extent, but that doesnít mean itís not a negative trait.
I know this is out there weird but I reckon if skint said ďhelloĒ to them those forens might talk back to him in English. Maybe then he might see them as people rather than immigrants.

Perhaps thatís a step too far. Maybe there should be a step where forens have to recognise disturbed engerlish people and engage them first?

Iím sure Boris can make that a law.
Old 05-02-2020, 05:49 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Does hearing English bother you?
I got in a bit of a tizzy the day of the championsí league final.
Old 05-02-2020, 08:01 AM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
In terms of FOM didnít loads of builders benefit in the 70s and 80s going to Germany?
They even made a very successful TV show about it... Although technically it wasn't under Freedom of Movement. Remember its ok, when its 'our people' going abroad and making a new life for themselves, its when its reciprocated to other people its an issue.

And weirdly, it's always Labours fault and Labour...
Old 05-02-2020, 08:13 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
I got in a bit of a tizzy the day of the championsí league final.
I can imagine.

It was a genuine question.

I enjoy listening to all sorts of foreign languages in London, and love discovering where people are from, how and why they came here and, when possible, interjecting with a few words of a foreigner's native language. It's great, it's like getting to travel in your own country, but without the cost or environmental impact.

Contrarily I love the transitive daydream state that I oft enter when in foreign countries, so once in a while, I dislike hearing English abroad, as it is like an alarm awaking me from my foreign reverie.
Old 05-02-2020, 08:42 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I don't, really, though obviously I do keep my head down to avoid being assailed by huge groups of middle aged Americans sailing blithely down my street on the pavement on electric scooters, or blootered British or Irish hen parties at five in the afternoon.
One thing I do enjoy is hearing Spanish spoken when I'm in the US.
Old 05-02-2020, 09:17 AM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
Quote:
I do get your point, I live a bit down the road and hear more foreign language than English out and about in the town centre.
Its not possible not to feel a stranger in your home town at times.
I don't know what your home town is, but I really doubt very much what you say.

I'm sure you do hear foreign languages, but I imagine it is those that stand out in your hearing while the English just washes over you simply because of its familiarity.
Old 05-02-2020, 09:51 AM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
I don't, really, though obviously I do keep my head down to avoid being assailed by huge groups of middle aged Americans sailing blithely down my street on the pavement on electric scooters, or blootered British or Irish hen parties at five in the afternoon.
One thing I do enjoy is hearing Spanish spoken when I'm in the US.
Yep - same here, working near a tourist heavy area I try to avoid eye contact/keep head down with the many groups of loud braying map carrying American tourists asking for directions
Old 05-02-2020, 10:15 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Wort View Post
I don't know what your home town is, but I really doubt very much what you say.

I'm sure you do hear foreign languages, but I imagine it is those that stand out in your hearing while the English just washes over you simply because of its familiarity.
WW, some might say it is touching, but you misunderstand itskvntagain when he says he can't help feeling a stranger.
Old 05-02-2020, 10:17 AM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
Quote:
WW, some might say it is touching, but you misunderstand itskvntagain when he says he can't help feeling a stranger.
Doh, I've been whooshed by Skint!
Old 05-02-2020, 10:28 AM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
I feel thatís only possible if you place too much importance on the English identity, cultural differences etc. As opposed to just viewing everyone the same regardless of what language theyíre speaking, what they look like etc

I think the majority of people probably fall into the former category to at least some extent, but that doesnít mean itís not a negative trait.
Do you like England to win a football, cricket, rugby etc. Yes its the same.
Old 05-02-2020, 10:34 AM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
I can imagine.

It was a genuine question.

I enjoy listening to all sorts of foreign languages in London, and love discovering where people are from, how and why they came here and, when possible, interjecting with a few words of a foreigner's native language. It's great, it's like getting to travel in your own country, but without the cost or environmental impact.

Contrarily I love the transitive daydream state that I oft enter when in foreign countries, so once in a while, I dislike hearing English abroad, as it is like an alarm awaking me from my foreign reverie.
That has to be some of most ridiculous nonsense I've ever read. In my home town centre I overhear more foreign language than English. It wouldn't for a moment occur to me to butt into their conversation in English.

Still with your level of abusiveness a bit of rudeness would hardly be surprising.

As for the last paragraph, I wonder what the foreigns are thinking watching you wander around in a daydream.
Old 05-02-2020, 10:54 AM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
you might want to think about you say yourself before describing other people's posts as ridiculous nonsense
Old 05-02-2020, 11:06 AM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
That has to be some of most ridiculous nonsense I've ever read. In my home town centre I overhear more foreign language than English. It wouldn't for a moment occur to me to butt into their conversation in English.

Still with your level of abusiveness a bit of rudeness would hardly be surprising.

As for the last paragraph, I wonder what the foreigns are thinking watching you wander around in a daydream.
Where do you live then?

I worked for a decade in Slough and my experience of hearing foriegn languages never really stood out as being more than English. I'd hear a lot of different lanuages, but mostly English.

White populations in towns and cities are only falling under a 50% population demographic are Luton, Leicester and Slough, of which Slough has the lowest level of white population (35%). (From Daily Express 2013)

Last edited by dogstar721; 05-02-2020 at 11:24 AM.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:17 AM

I see itskvntagain has bitten again. For someone who cliams to be immune from criticism he does seem to get hooked on barbs rather easily.

I live in Lewisham, my local supermarket is Afghan and Turkish or Sri Lankan, my barber is Algerian, there are a few Afgahns and Thais who work on the market, people are generally very happy to talk about where they come from and love it if you speak a few words of their language and talk politics, food or culture.

On my walk to work this morning an Indian Tourist family stopped me for directions in Greenwich and we had a very pleasant five minute chat, I enjoyed it, they felt welcome and happy to be in Greenwich.

I enjoy people from around the world, you feel threatened by them - who then has a more enjoyable and richer experience?

My local kebab shop say I am an Arab on the inside white on the out. Oh and that's a compliment by the way.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:33 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
In my home town centre I overhear more foreign language than English..
I thought you kept telling us you lived in Surrey?
Old 05-02-2020, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Football, definately, but I am very used to it not happening, and being happy when other national teams win. But thats because the only real association I have in terms of nationality is English - So I do identify more as English.

I'm curious how people who are 'Only support England' coped with Olympic football and sports where the we compete as GB / UK.

Nationalism is an absurd concept. Especially when you measure it by such simplistic standards as 'which team you support'. F**kwits are Uz.
Old 05-02-2020, 12:27 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
top feckwittery

SaulAlinsky