Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 28-02-2021, 08:48 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Interesting..
Old 28-02-2021, 08:49 AM

Maiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
**** them and the silly little flag.
Well, as far as the EU think it's '**** the UK and their silly Union Jack'.

And I don't blame them.
Old 28-02-2021, 08:50 AM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden Eagle View Post

And I don't blame them.
Fine ..bring it on.
Which they have so our move next.
Old 28-02-2021, 08:50 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
Is the EU getting all this shit in reverse? Whatever way you look at it our fearless leaders did a shit job in negotiating the oven ready deal !
The EU approached the negotiation as a damage limitation exercise. Obviously Brexit has harmed both partners, but the harm is more diluted over here, and not accompanied by so much outrage, wailing and gnashing of teeth. At least that's how it looks from Madrid.
I say this - it's done a lot of harm to my business, but in general, Brexit is not so visible.
Old 28-02-2021, 08:56 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Finish dualling the A30, expand the marine enterprise zone, build up Falmouth university, develop the spaceport, improve the grid capacity for renewable energy and subsidise the Lithium extraction and the reopening of the copper/tin mines. Then let the Cornish get on with things. We can then get rid of all the media luvvies for the weekend (at least) when they visit their second homes whilst they talk politically correct ignoring their part in driving out the young because of house prices.
Old 28-02-2021, 08:57 AM
broke my sacrophiliac

Purepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Fine ..bring it on.
Will that be you sending the Merc back?
Old 28-02-2021, 08:58 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
Is the EU getting all this shit in reverse? Whatever way you look at it our fearless leaders did a shit job in negotiating the oven ready deal !
Donít worry Lord Frosty will sort it all out. By the way when do those grace periods end!

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 28-02-2021, 09:04 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
The relationship between Biden and the EU is going to be one to watch. The EU is being pulled by Germany in the direction of equidistance between the US and China for trade reasons. Biden also needs to cut imports from the EU if he is going to achieve an America first industrial policy.
Old 28-02-2021, 09:06 AM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
**** them and the silly little flag.
Yup it's exactly that dumb arse little Englander mentality that has put us right in the shit!
Old 28-02-2021, 09:07 AM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybegood View Post
This Salmon trader: Lance Foreman (who was also a Brexit party member of the EU parliament) has been hit by the new rules.....and demands compensation!! Should pay a stupid tax more like

And a clip from a Cornish fisherman who says they were promised control of waters, free trade and new exotic markets but there's none of that.....the EU has more control of the UK fishing industry than it ever had before

Where's Nigel Farage now ? Lying about something else no doubt

Nigel is most probably trying a new Ponzi scheme to make more money out of deluded brexshitters...
Old 28-02-2021, 09:07 AM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
That is amazing. Viz would be proud.
Yup
Old 28-02-2021, 09:08 AM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
How spiteful and vindictive of the EU, for not letting us pull of their Group,
and having all the benefits we had with them before

I actually would have expected to read that load of tosh in the Sun - From a very, very low bar, even I thought the Fail was slightly more sensible than that.

But hang on, we're all just bitter, Guardian reading remoaners
Hehe
Old 28-02-2021, 09:09 AM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Fine ..bring it on.
We have made our move....I think you missed it....now we are just a third country who no one cares about....
Old 28-02-2021, 09:10 AM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
What I don't understand is why is it a constant 2 horse race between Labour and Tories?

If the opposition haven't got their shit together (which they don't), the ruling party can just do whatever they want without having to worry about any of the consequences.
Old 28-02-2021, 09:10 AM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purepalace View Post
Will that be you sending the Merc back?
Imagine trying to get a spare part for that Merc........if it is coming from the EU......lol
Old 28-02-2021, 09:11 AM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:

And I don't blame them.
Exactly right.
Old 28-02-2021, 09:16 AM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybegood View Post
And Cornwall will only receive 5% of what it needs having lost EU funding. According to one councillor it will make Cornwall residents feel "used"

I wonder if they will admit to feeling racist, stupid, protectionist and gullible too

They will never admit to that. But will always blame someone else that is what the brexshitters do
Old 28-02-2021, 09:17 AM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
Imagine trying to get a spare part for that Merc........if it is coming from the EU......lol
Service parts are all you need on such cars... not such a problem..
You do realise some cars and parts are not made in the EU ... parts a problem?
Old 28-02-2021, 09:19 AM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Just seen Cornwall had received 1 billion euros in EU funding since 2000. Will Boris make up the shortfall?
Area’s which were heavily funded by the EU but still voted to leave should get no assistance. They got what they voted for.
Old 28-02-2021, 09:40 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Having watched numerous Select Committee meetings on line since we decided to trigger Article 50 I have never had the sense that industry / trade associations were that involved in what we were trying to negotiate. It was invariably the case that we need more detail.

For companies trading elsewhere or on WTO terms they must have been aware of the additional tariffs / bureaucracy that they faced not having an all singing all dancing trade deal like the one with the EU. For companies just trading in the EU it was, we either get a deal or it is WTO terms. I don't think many appreciated that we would still be a third country even if we signed a deal, despite Barnier reminding us all the time.

The question is who is to blame. Certainly the trade associations should have been more aware what third country status really meant and the government should have involved those at the sharp end more. Business trusted the Tories to deliver but in reality they only wanted to deliver sovereignty.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)