Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter
 
CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » BBS Forums » User Help and Suggestions

Notices

User Help and Suggestions This is the place to ask questions if you are having problems with the BBS such as logging in.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 13-04-2021, 08:44 PM
EddieEdwards's Avatar
EddieEdwards EddieEdwards is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Carshalton Beeches
Age: 59
Posts: 9,052
Rep Power: 21474857
EddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
Thanks - I had a quick look, it's a shame that we have lost some of the meta-data such as who created each gallery entry, and any text description that was entered, but it is great that these have been saved from extinction altogether.
We're checking to see whether there's any more metadata that can be loaded. Everything from the old site is backed up but there may be limitations to what we can load into the new gallery.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 13-04-2021, 08:51 PM
A Wooden Fish On Wheels's Avatar
A Wooden Fish On Wheels A Wooden Fish On Wheels is offline
Fay Wray
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: See are too
Posts: 41,622
Rep Power: 21474858
A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieEdwards View Post
We're checking to see whether there's any more metadata that can be loaded. Everything from the old site is backed up but there may be limitations to what we can load into the new gallery.
Thanks, even if it is plaintext or whatever raw format is available it could be useful...?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 13-04-2021, 10:28 PM
Hedgehog's Avatar
Hedgehog Hedgehog is offline
The Spiky One
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Valencia, California, USA
Age: 65
Posts: 65,248
Rep Power: 21474856
Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
Are you in any of them?

Not that I know of, but recognize a lot of member past and present.

I had an album called something like Nostalgic Photos but so far haven’t found it... not looked that hard so far though.

Edit: looks like the file/folder/Album may have been called "Nostalgia". I've not bee able to find it, but think I discovered how to search for it though (without any luck)

Specific old link to file:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Complete thread on the subject link:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 14-04-2021, 05:51 AM
se1eagle's Avatar
se1eagle se1eagle is offline
Vapour Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Purley
Age: 42
Posts: 8,840
Rep Power: 21474854
se1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Not that I know of, but recognize a lot of member past and present.

I had an album called something like Nostalgic Photos but so far haven’t found it... not looked that hard so far though.

Edit: looks like the file/folder/Album may have been called "Nostalgia". I've not bee able to find it, but think I discovered how to search for it though (without any luck)

Specific old link to file:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Complete thread on the subject link:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
I think I may have found this:-

To view the link you have to Register or Login

FYI you can search the gallery going to the Discover menu, and then either entering a quick search into the text box in the menu (I searched for Nostalgia to find it) or clicking on Search for a more advanced search
__________________
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself – and you are the easiest person to fool.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 14-04-2021, 06:01 AM
Hedgehog's Avatar
Hedgehog Hedgehog is offline
The Spiky One
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Valencia, California, USA
Age: 65
Posts: 65,248
Rep Power: 21474856
Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by se1eagle View Post
I think I may have found this:-

To view the link you have to Register or Login

FYI you can search the gallery going to the Discover menu, and then either entering a quick search into the text box in the menu (I searched for Nostalgia to find it) or clicking on Search for a more advanced search

You the man! That’s the one.

Odd thing is, I found the search in the Discover menu and tried “Nostalgic” and “Nostalgia” and just “Nost” without getting any hits.

I wasn’t logged in... could that be why? It actually wouldn’t accept my password ( like last week) which I know is correct now.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 14-04-2021, 06:45 AM
EddieEdwards's Avatar
EddieEdwards EddieEdwards is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Carshalton Beeches
Age: 59
Posts: 9,052
Rep Power: 21474857
EddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
You the man! That’s the one.

Odd thing is, I found the search in the Discover menu and tried “Nostalgic” and “Nostalgia” and just “Nost” without getting any hits.

I wasn’t logged in... could that be why? It actually wouldn’t accept my password ( like last week) which I know is correct now.
The gallery won't automatically accept your main BBS password. You have to create a separate account for the gallery and set a password. You can set your account name and password to be the same as for the main BBS but it's not directly linked. However, you don't need an account if you just want to view and search. I just quick-searched for Nostalgia when not logged in and it came straight up.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 14-04-2021, 02:15 PM
Hedgehog's Avatar
Hedgehog Hedgehog is offline
The Spiky One
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Valencia, California, USA
Age: 65
Posts: 65,248
Rep Power: 21474856
Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieEdwards View Post
The gallery won't automatically accept your main BBS password. You have to create a separate account for the gallery and set a password. You can set your account name and password to be the same as for the main BBS but it's not directly linked. However, you don't need an account if you just want to view and search. I just quick-searched for Nostalgia when not logged in and it came straight up.
Search worked for me straight off the bat this morning.

I must have been spelling Nostalgia wrong or something... or operator error at this end.

Thanks again for your patience with my dumb arse.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.