Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » BBS Forums » User Help and Suggestions

Notices

User Help and Suggestions This is the place to ask questions if you are having problems with the BBS such as logging in.

Old 13-04-2021, 08:44 PM
Administrator

EddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
Thanks - I had a quick look, it's a shame that we have lost some of the meta-data such as who created each gallery entry, and any text description that was entered, but it is great that these have been saved from extinction altogether.
We're checking to see whether there's any more metadata that can be loaded. Everything from the old site is backed up but there may be limitations to what we can load into the new gallery.
Old 13-04-2021, 08:51 PM
Fay Wray

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieEdwards View Post
We're checking to see whether there's any more metadata that can be loaded. Everything from the old site is backed up but there may be limitations to what we can load into the new gallery.
Thanks, even if it is plaintext or whatever raw format is available it could be useful...?
Old 13-04-2021, 10:28 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
Are you in any of them?

Not that I know of, but recognize a lot of member past and present.

I had an album called something like Nostalgic Photos but so far haven’t found it... not looked that hard so far though.

Edit: looks like the file/folder/Album may have been called "Nostalgia". I've not bee able to find it, but think I discovered how to search for it though (without any luck)

Specific old link to file:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Complete thread on the subject link:

Old 14-04-2021, 05:51 AM
Vapour Enthusiast

se1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Not that I know of, but recognize a lot of member past and present.

I had an album called something like Nostalgic Photos but so far haven’t found it... not looked that hard so far though.

Edit: looks like the file/folder/Album may have been called "Nostalgia". I've not bee able to find it, but think I discovered how to search for it though (without any luck)

Specific old link to file:

Complete thread on the subject link:

I think I may have found this:-

FYI you can search the gallery going to the Discover menu, and then either entering a quick search into the text box in the menu (I searched for Nostalgia to find it) or clicking on Search for a more advanced search
Old 14-04-2021, 06:01 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by se1eagle View Post
I think I may have found this:-

FYI you can search the gallery going to the Discover menu, and then either entering a quick search into the text box in the menu (I searched for Nostalgia to find it) or clicking on Search for a more advanced search

You the man! That’s the one.

Odd thing is, I found the search in the Discover menu and tried “Nostalgic” and “Nostalgia” and just “Nost” without getting any hits.

I wasn’t logged in... could that be why? It actually wouldn’t accept my password ( like last week) which I know is correct now.
Old 14-04-2021, 06:45 AM
Administrator

EddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
You the man! That’s the one.

Odd thing is, I found the search in the Discover menu and tried “Nostalgic” and “Nostalgia” and just “Nost” without getting any hits.

I wasn’t logged in... could that be why? It actually wouldn’t accept my password ( like last week) which I know is correct now.
The gallery won't automatically accept your main BBS password. You have to create a separate account for the gallery and set a password. You can set your account name and password to be the same as for the main BBS but it's not directly linked. However, you don't need an account if you just want to view and search. I just quick-searched for Nostalgia when not logged in and it came straight up.
Old 14-04-2021, 02:15 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieEdwards View Post
The gallery won't automatically accept your main BBS password. You have to create a separate account for the gallery and set a password. You can set your account name and password to be the same as for the main BBS but it's not directly linked. However, you don't need an account if you just want to view and search. I just quick-searched for Nostalgia when not logged in and it came straight up.
Search worked for me straight off the bat this morning.

I must have been spelling Nostalgia wrong or something... or operator error at this end.

Thanks again for your patience with my dumb arse.